Vaccination Sign-Up Today...1/17

6,489 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TenBears
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just in case you know someone in the 1a or 1b group that might really desire to get this ASAP, thought I'd put up a reminder...https://covidwaco.com/
PartyBear
I don't qualify yet. But thank you for the public service announcement.
Old300Bear
No bueno. Called a bunch, couldn't get through. Only lasted about 20 minutes.
Fred Barber
Fat Daddy
I tried online..... nope, didn't get in
Bexar Pitts
Same here. Will try again tomorrow 10:30 AM.
SSadler
I dialed the phone number at the second my cell turned "1:30" pm, but no live voice

there was no live link on the website given by McLennan County

. . . illuminati
Bexar Pitts
SSadler said:

I dialed the phone number at the second my cell turned "1:30" pm, but no live voice

there was no live link on the website given by McLennan County

. . . illuminati
I switched to the link provided by KWTX, and it did appear to work, however I was never able to get "connected" to schedule an appointment..Had same experience with phone also..I'll try again today, but I think it's luck if you get through. I hear providers will be getting more vaccines this week, so I'll be checking my Healthcare provider and HEB pharmacy also. With all the recent stockpile news, I hope those receiving the first dose with be able to get the second on time..Good luck,,Be well.
SSadler
McLennan County received 1500 doses of Moderna.

Bell County is scheduled to get 3400 of Pfizer (but has just announced as of this Monday morning its shipment of doses has not arrived, thus, prerigsitration is no bueno.

Haphazard
(and that ain't the county where the Duke brothers drove their "General" trying to escape Boss Hog)

i'm in group 1b and this is maddening. Can't imagine what it's like to be under 65 and waiting to get the vaccine or to be exposed and / or contract the virus.
BBear77
That was quick.

I logged in with many time slots appearing that disappeared each time I chose a time with a message stating it was not available. This all happened within 5 minutes.

I am thinking about waiting a month or so then come back and try again.

Kind of reminds me of trying to get into a new restaurant in Waco for the first month or so.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

That was quick.

I logged in with many time slots appearing that disappeared each time I chose a time with a message stating it was not available. This all happened within 5 minutes.

I am thinking about waiting a month or so then come back and try again.

Kind of reminds me of trying to get into a new restaurant in Waco for the first month or so.
Same..Got a highlighted time , clicked, and it disappeared..No message..nothing..Got through once on phone..rang a dozen times or so.. then disconnected..Frustrating as he11...Pharmacy recording says check back after Jan 20th..Guess we've got to play the game 'til this gets going in scale..Good luck..
loanbear
Might try your local doctor's office as well. I know my Dad, over 65, checked with his and they had vaccines available. He scheduled a time with them and is done. Worth a shot.
SSadler
Nothing for me via phone or website. All is stymied.

Reboot for next week is all we can do . . . and be wise and safe until then.
Bexar Pitts
loanbear said:

Might try your local doctor's office as well. I know my Dad, over 65, checked with his and they had vaccines available. He scheduled a time with them and is done. Worth a shot.
Absolutely. That was first option. They had none, put me on waiting list.Advised me to go ahead and get vaccinated somewhere else if I could, and let them know. Maybe later this week the next batch for our area will arrive. Thanks for the message!
Fat Daddy
Tried again today.... same experience.... if a time or times showed on the page, when you clicked on the time I got a message saying it was no longer available..:
Bear Doc
The whole process in McLennan County is turning in to a crazy old people Hunger Games...

Bigger counties have a better process of a unified list that is worked down and then people are contacted when their slot comes up.

Some of it ends up being stupid luck with the limited amount of vaccine we get each week and being in the right place at the right time.
SSadler
At some point today (Monday) Providence received 4300 doses. They are not open to public yet except for health care and first responders. That may be a place to keep eyes on if you're diligent.

As for me, I'm not going to give up another whole day dialing just to get a busy signal.

And Scott and White clinics are not an option. They are directing their patients to the McLennan County site--the one that has had no openings.
Old300Bear
Actually got through today. Set up for Thursday.
Fred Barber
SSadler
What portal? McLennan County Health? What time of the day did you get thru?
Bexar Pitts
Old300Bear said:

Actually got through today. Set up for Thursday.
Good for you! Just out of curiosity, was either zip code 76712 or 76710 used on your app? If phoning in, was it a local call from 77 exchange? The two people that I know who got appointments both had a relative call in from DFW for them, and they got through with no issue.
BBear77
This may be an ominous sign of what socialized medicine will be like if we ever go that way.

McLennan County Health officials are catching hell for the inefficient way this is being handled.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

This may be an ominous sign of what socialized medicine will be like if we ever go that way.

McLennan County Health officials are catching hell for the inefficient way this is being handled.
I saw one comment this morning that said they had 8,000 phone calls for 252 spots. Not many at all for the elderly without computers.
Old300Bear
My cell is 806 area code. I live in 76712 zip. Just redialed like a madman, got through. I was shocked.
Fred Barber
Bexar Pitts
Old300Bear said:

My cell is 806 area code. I live in 76712 zip. Just redialed like a madman, got through. I was shocked.
Nice job! I was curious if you used computer or phone. As per press reports, there were 252 spots available by phone, and they had 8,000 calls! You hit it just right!
Old300Bear
Just lucky.
Fred Barber
BBear77
Here is the latest.

McLennan county will now start using a waiting list to schedule appointments for vaccinations. It appears there are approximately 14,000 people already signed up for this list and they will be scheduled upon availability of vaccine and when they signed up on the waiting list.

I see this as a small step forward but one nonetheless.

As a side note, the county is still only being allocated 1,500 doses for now, so you do the math.
Bear Doc
BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

McLennan county will now start using a waiting list to schedule appointments for vaccinations. It appears there are approximately 14,000 people already signed up for this list and they will be scheduled upon availability of vaccine and when they signed up on the waiting list.

I see this a as a small step forward but one nonetheless.

As a side note, the county is still only being allocated 1,500 doses for now, so you do the math.
I would bet many of those 14,000 will end up getting vaccine from another source before their time comes up on the list, meaning the list will start moving faster. Also, 2 additional vaccines are to be approved very soon which I would hope will exponentially increase the available supply. With that being said, if we could have all of the 1B folks done by end of March, I would see that as a victory and also very doable.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

Saw that last night..Went ahead and got on the list..BS&W isn't being much help..I don't believe they're even a "HUB" for initial state supplied distribution. I don't see them listed as such. Like many others, they either can't or won't give patients any idea on a timeline for expected vaccine arrival..I guess they're at the mercy of the State..I'm also going to check local pharmacies to see if they have a clue.
BBear77
Bear Doc said:

BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

I see this a as a small step forward but one nonetheless.

I would bet many of those 14,000 will end up getting vaccine from another source before their time comes up on the list, meaning the list will start moving faster. Also, 2 additional vaccines are to be approved very soon which I would hope will exponentially increase the available supply. With that being said, if we could have all of the 1B folks done by end of March, I would see that as a victory and also very doable.

One can hope.

From those who have received the first vaccination, they are telling me the clinic could not tell them when they would receive second vaccinations. Coordination is going to be interesting considering you have a demand for the first vaccinations and a requirement for a follow up vaccination. Not sure or confident how they will handle.
BBear77
Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

Saw that last night..Went ahead and got on the list..BS&W isn't being much help..I don't believe they're even a "HUB" for initial state supplied distribution. I don't see them listed as such. Like many others, they either can't or won't give patients any idea on a timeline for expected vaccine arrival..I guess they're at the mercy of the State..I'm also going to check local pharmacies to see if they have a clue.
I was surprised to see that BS&W wasn't on the list. Providence has been providing vaccine for 1a but looks like they are moving to start including 1b.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

I was surprised to see that BS&W wasn't on the list. Providence has been providing vaccine for 1a but looks like they are moving to start including 1b.
Yes, they are. My wife is 1b, and has just received her first vaccination from a Providence Clinic.
BBear77
Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

Yes, they are. My wife is 1b, and has just received her first vaccination from a Providence Clinic.
Was she a patient for that clinic?
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Bexar Pitts said:

BBear77 said:

Here is the latest.

Was she a patient for that clinic?
Yes. and has significant underlying health concerns..Really bad asthma , that has caused time in ICU.
BBear77
Did she call for the vaccine or was there an effort from clinic to reach out to all of their 1b patients?

Didn't know if there was any coordination within the county to get people to all of the facilities who can provide the vaccination.
Bexar Pitts
BBear77 said:

Did she call for the vaccine or was there an effort from clinic to reach out to all of their 1b patients?

Didn't know if there was any coordination within the county to get people to all of the facilities who can provide the vaccination.
I know she had discussed getting it with her longtime physician some time ago, but I don't know the Clinic's procedure to schedule patients. I use a BS&W physician, and I'm not sure they have any finite scheduling process at all.
bubear20
For anyone who is thinking of getting this vaccine, I got it. MY background I'm 23 and had a heart surgery when I was 3 putting me in the "high risk" category. I have had covid already but was already on the list by the time I got it. The following morning I had a fever of 103 and my left arm (injection arm) couldn't move. I would suggest avoiding the vaccine if you're not over the age of 65 or have severe underlying health conditions. I was also told to prepare because the second shots side effects are worse than the first.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.