Quiktrip off of New Road

3,869 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Brian Ethridge
Coke Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

Little drink selection outside of fountain drinks and the bbq is worse than Dickey's.

Going to a gas station and expecting good BBQ may have been your first mistake. ; )

Buc-ee's is a novelty and it's Texas. It's big and friendly. I don't go out of my way to stop there; however, it has super clean and abundant restrooms when the family needs to stop. The food, other than the BBQ, is passable for a road trip.

They are expanding into many of the southeastern states: Georgia, Tenn, Florida, SC, AL, and Miss.
loanbear
Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Little drink selection outside of fountain drinks and the bbq is worse than Dickey's.

Going to a gas station and expecting good BBQ may have been your first mistake. ; )

Buc-ee's is a novelty and it's Texas. It's big and friendly. I don't go out of my way to stop there; however, it has super clean and abundant restrooms when the family needs to stop. The food, other than the BBQ, is passable for a road trip.

They are expanding into many of the southeastern states: Georgia, Tenn, Florida, SC, AL, and Miss.
Totally agree. Their BBQ is more than fine as is the rest of their food. You can't compare a gas station to a sit down BBQ restaurant. Totally different animals. For a stop and go place to get gas, quick food, and great restrooms, it is hard to beat. I would love to see their books because I promise you they are just printing money, so I think a huge number of people would agree on the quality of their offering when taken in context.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

When you're on the road and need a bite, some gas station BBQ is pretty solid. Bucee's is a no. Woody's in Centerville has better jerky, summer sausage (elk/deer/bison/etc) than Buccee's as well. Travelling 45 a ton between Dallas and Houston makes me avoid Bucee's altogether.
Funky Town Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

When you're on the road and need a bite, some gas station BBQ is pretty solid. Bucee's is a no. Woody's in Centerville has better jerky, summer sausage (elk/deer/bison/etc) than Buccee's as well. Travelling 45 a ton between Dallas and Houston makes me avoid Bucee's altogether.
Some of the best BBQ I've had has been Hill Country gas station BBQ.
Coke Bear
Brian Ethridge said:

Fair enough, although I perceive Woody's, Rudy's, et al. as more a BBQ store with gas pumps than a gas station with BBQ.

WILLIS
Woodys bbq sucks. I've had a couple awful brisket sandwiches there. I'll give them the jerky nod and I enjoy stopping there for the military tribute on the way to the restroom lol. But buccees jerky certainly isn't below average by any measure. Bbq sandwich is fine too. Not bad. Not great. The madisonville store needs a big overhaul for the amount of traffic it gets. On i-10, newish praseks store near sealy is a great stop. Kolaches. Jerky. Sausage. Deer processing too. I-10 construction doesn't make it easy for them currently.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WILLIS said:

Woodys bbq sucks. I've had a couple awful brisket sandwiches there. I'll give them the jerky nod and I enjoy stopping there for the military tribute on the way to the restroom lol. But buccees jerky certainly isn't below average by any measure. Bbq sandwich is fine too. Not bad. Not great. The madisonville store needs a big overhaul for the amount of traffic it gets. On i-10, newish praseks store near sealy is a great stop. Kolaches. Jerky. Sausage. Deer processing too. I-10 construction doesn't make it easy for them currently.
I've had hit or miss at Woody's depending on the north or south side of 45. North meh, South good/decent, better than Dickey's or Bucee's.

Will hit Prasek's next time I'm through.
Swart Dra
Brian Ethridge said:

WILLIS said:

I've had hit or miss at Woody's depending on the north or south side of 45. North meh, South good/decent, better than Dickey's or Bucee's.

Aren't they on the east and west?

West has the revolver smoker, east is the older looking one.

Right?
lrwells50
Brian Ethridge said:

fadskier said:

Ivy_Twin said:

We have arrived! Got hooked on Quiktrip when I lived in KCMO. They are the best convenience store, bar none.
Have you ever been to a Bucc-ees?
Sucks...

My only criteria for a convenience store is the restrooms, and Buccees wins hands down.
lrwells50
Swart Dra said:

Buccees is great, but it's a whip.

QT is in and out. All of the employees seem to like their job, and it's so much cheaper than most.

Give me bucees on a road trip, give me QT for weekly fill up's.
I get my gas at Krogers and use points.
lrwells50
Brian Ethridge said:

Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

I've never bought food at a convenience store, other than a bag of chips, etc.
CammoTX
lrwells50 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Blue "Plate" lunches in S Louisiana at convenience stores are some of the best eating around.
BaylorHistory
lrwells50 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Coke Bear said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Irwells50 going into QT like

Brian Ethridge
Staff
Swart Dra said:

Brian Ethridge said:

WILLIS said:

Aren't they on the east and west?

West has the revolver smoker, east is the older looking one.

Right?
You exit going North or South.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.