Everyday Jon

6,818 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IowaBear
BUBradley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has there been any update on his progress from injury? I can't find much with a Google search. Anyone know anything?
SirBearALot
Everyday is Day to Day !!
EvilTroyAndAbed
SirBearALot said:

Everyday is Day to Day !!

It's gonna be a while
Married A Horn
He's like that Everyday
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
BaylorBears_254
No sources, but don't expect him to play next year, or maybe even the year after.

The injury he sustained was pretty devastating, and may have just ended his playing career at Baylor.

I will not speak on him never playing basketball at a high level again, because I have no place to say such a thing, but Im 95% sure we won't see him play again at Baylor, the other 5% is me hoping we can see him again in a Baylor uniform
Fre3dombear
Still never saw a video of it. Insane
ScottS
Praying for him to play again.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Fre3dombear said:

You don't want to see it.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BaylorBears_254 said:

No sources, but don't expect him to play next year, or maybe even the year after.

The injury he sustained was pretty devastating, and may have just ended his playing career at Baylor.

I will not speak on him never playing basketball at a high level again, because I have no place to say such a thing, but Im 95% sure we won't see him play again at Baylor, the other 5% is me hoping we can see him again in a Baylor uniform

He'll play again.
Stefano DiMera
I don't believe that..this isn't 1970 or even 1990 anymore..with the advanced in medicine don't be surprised to see him back..
BaylorBears_254
Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

He'll play again.

Oh, he'll play, I just don't see it being in a Baylor uniform.

I hope it is, but that was a naaaasty injury
BaylorBears_254
Stefano DiMera said:

I don't believe that..this isn't 1970 or even 1990 anymore..with the advanced in medicine don't be surprised to see him back..

Trust me, I know the advanced medications, and doctors of today are great, but it still was a very nasty injury.

That wasn't just a regular torn ACL injury.

Like i said, he'll for sure miss next season, and the year after that will be a toss up, possibly late season return and see how it holds up.
Crawfoso1973
BaylorBears_254 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

He'll play again.

Why do you say that? We all know he won't play next year, but what makes you say he will never play for Baylor again? He would have all of next season to rehab and take a medical redshirt. He would be able to return for the 2023-2024 season which would give him over 1.5 years to rehab the injury.
historian
Brian Ethridge said:

Fre3dombear said:

You don't want to see it.

Anyone who saw Scott Drew's reaction in Our Time probably had a similar reaction. That says it all: It was a gruesome injury. For those who missed it, count yourself fortunate.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
parch
A few years back some doctors did a study on RTP (return-to-play) rates of NFL players coming back from just ACL tears vs. multiple ligament damage. It was NFL but it's relevant here. The numbers are not on EJ's side.

A total of 50 NFL athletes with multiligament knee injuries met inclusion and exclusion criteria. The overall RTP rate was 64.0%. Athletes with ACL/MCL tears had an RTP rate of 70.8%, whereas athletes with ACL and posterior collateral ligament/lateral collateral ligament (PCL/LCL) tears had an RTP rate of 55.6% ( P = 0.26). Mean time to RTP for all 50 athletes was 388.71 198.52 days. The mean time to RTP for athletes with ACL/MCL injuries was 305.1 58.9 days, compared with 459.2 245.1 days ( P = 0.004) and 609.3 183.1 days ( P < 0.0001) for those with combined ACL and PCL/LCL injuries and frank knee dislocations, respectively. Athletes with ACL/MCL injuries were more likely to return to prior performance level (43.5%) than those with ACL and PCL/LCL injuries (18.5%) ( P < 0.001).

We don't know what all EJ damaged, but if it was maximal, i.e. the PCL/LCL were involved (which seems pretty likely given how it looked), medically his chances to return to prior performance level are 18%. He's going to have to absolutely batter the odds to play for us at a high level again.
BaylorBears_254
Crawfoso1973 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

He'll play again.

Why do you say that? We all know he won't play next year, but what makes you say he will never play for Baylor again? He would have all of next season to rehab and take a medical redshirt. He would be able to return for the 2023-2024 season which would give him over 1.5 years to rehab the injury.

He's 23 now, depending on how he rehabs, in another 1.5 years he'll be knocking on 25 yrs of age. The extent of his injury "imo" is more than 1.5 years.

He has to clear so many activities before he's just thrown back in the fold. I want him to play, I want him to be ahead of schedule and be healthy as ever, but that injury was just so gruesome that you have to heal completely before you just get back out there running, jumping, and falling on the court.
BaylorBears_254
parch said:

A few years back some doctors did a study on RTP (return-to-play) rates of NFL players coming back from just ACL tears vs. multiple ligament damage. It was NFL but it's relevant here. The numbers are not on EJ's side.

A total of 50 NFL athletes with multiligament knee injuries met inclusion and exclusion criteria. The overall RTP rate was 64.0%. Athletes with ACL/MCL tears had an RTP rate of 70.8%, whereas athletes with ACL and posterior collateral ligament/lateral collateral ligament (PCL/LCL) tears had an RTP rate of 55.6% ( P = 0.26). Mean time to RTP for all 50 athletes was 388.71 198.52 days. The mean time to RTP for athletes with ACL/MCL injuries was 305.1 58.9 days, compared with 459.2 245.1 days ( P = 0.004) and 609.3 183.1 days ( P < 0.0001) for those with combined ACL and PCL/LCL injuries and frank knee dislocations, respectively. Athletes with ACL/MCL injuries were more likely to return to prior performance level (43.5%) than those with ACL and PCL/LCL injuries (18.5%) ( P < 0.001).

We don't know what all EJ damaged, but if it was maximal, i.e. the PCL/LCL were involved (which seems pretty likely given how it looked), medically his chances to return to prior performance level are 18%. He's going to have to absolutely batter the odds to play for us at a high level again.

Yep. This injury goes beyond medications of today's world. He has to FULLY heal.

People are asking for a lot to see him back after only 1.5 years of that injury.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BaylorBears_254 said:

I stopped reading after "No sources."
BaylorBears_254
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Fine by me, go ahead and get your hopes up lol.

One guy literally posted the extent of his injury above as well.
TWD 1974
BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I imagine Jonathan knows the uphill climb he has before him. There is no one I would be more delighted to see make a comeback, no one who will bring more determination into the effort than he. Whatever happens, I fully expect him to be successful, be that as a basketball player, or what comes after.
TWD 1974
TWD 74 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I imagine Jonathan knows the uphill climb he has before him. There is no one I would be more delighted to see make a comeback, no one who will bring more determination into the effort than he. Whatever happens, I fully expect him to be successful, be that as a basketball player, or what comes after.
I know there is a lot of focus on Cryer and JTT, I was wondering if anyone had an update on Langston' recovery?
historian
I thought it was already reported that Langston was good to go this Fall. It may have been someone speculating or engaging in wishful thinking.
BaylorBears_254
TWD 74 said:

TWD 74 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I know there is a lot of focus on Cryer and JTT, I was wondering if anyone had an update on Langston' recovery?

Langston will play next year for sure. I expect him to be a huge part of our success as well.
BaylorBears_254
TWD 74 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I 100% agree. Hate it happened to him, he would give his ass EVERY game.
Fre3dombear
Did he step In a wet spot on the floor? We all saw RG3 Redskins injury. Maybe was something similar

For me nothing could be worse than the Louisvilleninjury or theisman but that was wayyyyy before my time
Crawfoso1973
BaylorBears_254 said:

TWD 74 said:

TWD 74 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Langston will play next year for sure. I expect him to be a huge part of our success as well.

I think after a clean ACL tear we all agree Langston will play, but how can you say "for sure"?

You are making a lot of unsubstantiated assertions on this thread and stating them as if they are facts.
Crawfoso1973
BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I don't think wishing the best for JTT and his career deserves a "lol."
BaylorBears_254
Crawfoso1973 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Ok lol.
TWD 1974
BaylorBears_254 said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Ok lol.
True story: Former British Prime Minister thought "LOL" meant "Lot's of Love." He fell out with key supporters because he was sending out messages like "am deeply grateful for your guidance and support, LOL."
historian
LOL
Iron Claw
Married A Horn said:

He's like that Everyday

Kamala is that you?
BUCANDOIT82
Back to the topic at hand. JTT had a very serious knee injury and had surgery in February. To expect him to recover in less than 12 months and be able to be cleared to play college basketball is very unrealistic.

Hoping he gets all the way back the following year.
BUBradley
I was viewing something wrong on my original post. Nothing to see here.
Chamberman
Can we just all agree that BaylorBears_254 should never post in an injury/recovery thread EVER!
Quinton
I don't think I remember seeing a guy move so aggressively after coming off such a nasty injury. Usually you see some hesitancy but Jon moving great.

Has gotten beat a few times on defense but completely understandable and didn't look totally overwhelmed. Will be able to contribute much more than I expected. Incredible comeback
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.