Everyday Jon

6,930 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by IowaBear
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's awesome seeing JTT on the court again. That dude just brings so much life and energy to our team, even in a diminished state athletically.
BaylorBears_254
Chamberman said:

Can we just all agree that BaylorBears_254 should never post in an injury/recovery thread EVER!

All praise to him for pushing himself to new levels to get back, I would've hoped to shut him down this year, if it is for sure he was going to come back next year 100%.

But if you truly think he is 100%, or hell even 70%, you're a joke lol. As I said in the other thread, ill take a 65% healthy JTT over Thamba anyways tho.

BaylorBears_254
BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

Can we just all agree that BaylorBears_254 should never post in an injury/recovery thread EVER!

All praise to him for pushing himself to new levels to get back, I would've hoped to shut him down this year, if it is for sure he was going to come back next year 100%.

Nonetheless, I stand by what I said. good to him back tho. We missed him, Ill take a 60% healthy Jon over Thamba any day thats for sure

BUCANDOIT82
I didn't think he could move this well and be cleared to play in less than 12 months after his major knee surgery. I know he worked very hard and was ahead of schedule. Very happy for him.

His return changes our floor and ceiling. We are no longer one of 30 to 40 teams that can win it all. We are now one of the favorites. This team is still not as good as our Natty team, but it doesn't have to be to win another Championship. There is no historically great team out there this year.
Chamberman
BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

But if you truly think he is 100%, or hell even 70%, you're a joke lol. As I said in the other thread, ill take a 65% healthy JTT over Thamba anyways tho.

You're so arrogant you can't even admit you were wrong. Talking out of your ass like you know anything about injury recoveries. I think you also said you'd sell your house if he was back this season. Let's see it listed!!
boognish_bear
BaylorBears_254
Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

You're so arrogant you can't even admit you were wrong. Talking out of your ass like you know anything about injury recoveries. I think you also said you'd sell your house if he was back this season. Let's see it listed!!

You're coming off as a ***** right now, pipe down buddy. Also, I went through all my post and didn't state anything about a house. Go back to the Chamber buddy

As I said before, Im glad he's back. He's not 70,80,90 or 100% healthy by any means, but anytime over 50% and he helps the team tremendously.
BUmoneymaker
BaylorBears_254 said:

No sources, but don't expect him to play next year, or maybe even the year after.

The injury he sustained was pretty devastating, and may have just ended his playing career at Baylor.

I will not speak on him never playing basketball at a high level again, because I have no place to say such a thing, but Im 95% sure we won't see him play again at Baylor, the other 5% is me hoping we can see him again in a Baylor uniform

I'm so glad you were (understandably) wrong.

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
BaylorBears_254
BUmoneymaker said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

No sources, but don't expect him to play next year, or maybe even the year after.

The injury he sustained was pretty devastating, and may have just ended his playing career at Baylor.

I will not speak on him never playing basketball at a high level again, because I have no place to say such a thing, but Im 95% sure we won't see him play again at Baylor, the other 5% is me hoping we can see him again in a Baylor uniform

I'm so glad you were (understandably) wrong.

Glad I was too, loved seeing him out there. Hope it takes it easy tho
Chamberman
BaylorBears_254 said:

He's not 70,80,90 or 100% healthy by any means, but anytime over 50% and he helps the team tremendously.

You think anyone is giving your opinion an anyone's health any credence? Ha! That's rich.
IowaBear
You realize he was far from the only one saying JTT wasn't playing this season right? There was maybe 2 or 3 who said he would.
BaylorBears_254
Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

He's not 70,80,90 or 100% healthy by any means, but anytime over 50% and he helps the team tremendously.

You think anyone is giving your opinion an anyone's health any credence? Ha! That's rich.

Lol i guess bro. It's hard to break things down for little people like you.

If you look at the time table for the injury he received, he isn't supposed to be back.

As I mentioned, he put in a lot of hard-work and time to do so. Im happy he's back, but he isn't fully healthy.

To fully heal from this type of injury, if may very well take the rest of this year, and a little of next, but due to JTT pushing himself, he was able to make a comeback earlier, though not "100%", he's at a point where he can at least make noticeable impact for the team.

boognish_bear
Chamberman
BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

If you look at the time table for the injury he received, he isn't supposed to be back.

As I mentioned, he put in a lot of hard-work and time to do so. Im happy he's back, but he isn't fully healthy.

To fully heal from this type of injury, if may very well take the rest of this year, and a little of next, but due to JTT pushing himself, he was able to make a comeback earlier, though not "100%", he's at a point where he can at least make noticeable impact for the team.

Just stop dude. Quit acting like you know anything about knee injuries and the recovery process. You're just a talking head on a message board who wants to act like you know things when you don't know *****
BaylorBears_254
Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Just stop dude. Quit acting like you know anything about knee injuries and the recovery process. You're just a talking head on a message board who wants to act like you know things when you don't know *****

Ooweee the free board carries a buncha biiiitches.

(Some cool)
Chuckroast
bear2be2 said:

It's awesome seeing JTT on the court again. That dude just brings so much life and energy to our team, even in a diminished state athletically.

His energy out there was transformative. It looked like we played better and had more fun than in any other game this year.
GruntTuff
How about making this about the greatness of JTT?
historian
That should be only the beginning. Our coaches can manage things well so I'm feeling quite confident now. I think we now have a better chance to get wins in Lawrence & Manhattan. We are on the rise & EJ can propel us further. We will probably drop a couple in the next few weeks but the team is gelling. I can see the possibility that we do well in March.

"We win Championships!" Everyday Jon during 2020-21 season (I think after the November tourney).
ScottS
This guy is a winner. He makes our team better. He works hard and we do better with him around.
Alf
I feel a whole lot better about our defense with EJ back, apparently he has been working on his shooting too! Drew said in the postgame that he is comfortable with him taking 3's because he has improved his shooting so much.
That is a scary thought for our opponents.
Timbear
We've got 5 guys who take plenty of 3's. We need tough, strong, skilled Big men who can play great inside D, produce O rebounds, which is impossible when the Bigs are setting screens beyond the 3 pt line, convert inside scoring, and exhibit team leadership. EJ can give Baylor all of those.
bear2be2
Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

And flinging unnecessary strays at Flo in the process.
Crawfoso1973
Remade himself into a stretch 5 knowing he will likely never recover his above the rim athleticism. He shot those 3s without hesitation too. Gives defenses another wrinkle to contend with on those high ball screens.
LIB,MR BEARS
boognish_bear said:

But she said we were exclusive
LIB,MR BEARS
BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Did you even stay at a Holiday Inn Express?
historian
I wonder if her husband knowsā€¦
Cove Dawg
Chamberman said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Chamberman said:

Come on dude you completely brought this on yourself, if you don't want to be called out when you put out absolutes and "trust me" information then don't put it out there.
bear2be2
Crawfoso1973 said:

Remade himself into a stretch 5 knowing he will likely never recover his above the rim athleticism. He shot those 3s without hesitation too. Gives defenses another wrinkle to contend with on those high ball screens.
He started that last year. He was shooting 46.2 percent from 3 when he went down -- albeit in limited attempts. That may become a bigger part of his game now.

But if he's out there knocking down 3s, we're going to be a very difficult team to stop.
historian
Especially with everything he does on defense
LIB,MR BEARS
bear2be2 said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

He started that last year. He was shooting 46.2 percent from 3 when he went down -- albeit in limited attempts. That may become a bigger part of his game now.

But if he's out there knocking down 3s, we're going to be a very difficult team to stop.
with 5 outside the arc, George can go 1v1 for the layup/foul or dish to Bridges,Cryer/Flagler/Love. A defense has to really be living right to defend that.
Crawfoso1973
LIB,MR BEARS said:

bear2be2 said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

with 5 outside the arc, George can go 1v1 for the layup/foul or dish to Bridges,Cryer/Flagler/Love. A defense has to really be living right to defend that.
Yes, and will also fully play to Key's strengths. He is absolutely the best in college basketball at driving in the lane and with his body control avoiding the offensive foul and drawing fouls. Driving to the basket for the and 1 or kicking it out to open shooters beyond the arc. With EJ stroking 3s defenses can't cheat off of EJ on that high pick and roll and our guards will hit him for the wide open 3.
Crawfoso1973
Yeah he was already working on it. I imagine during his rehab he worked relentlessly on the shot before he could run and jump stationaray shooting was probably all he could do.
LIB,MR BEARS
If I recall correctly, I think I heard he was doing 500 3's a day
historian
That's what I was thinking: during rehab, the 3 point shot may have been a bit easier. Or at least less stressful.
bear2be2
Crawfoso1973 said:

Yeah he was already working on it. I imagine during his rehab he worked relentlessly on the shot before he could run and jump stationaray shooting was probably all he could do.
I was impressed with his offensive improvement last year. You could tell that he had put in a lot of work on his jump shot and was developing a pretty reliable one from mid range that stretched occasionally to the 3-point line.

From the looks of it yesterday, he's only continued to improve his range during this down time. But if that's a consistent part of his offensive game, he's going to be a tough cover once he's fully healed. And he'll help us space the floor and stretch the defense until then.

Yesterday was super encouraging. He was an asset on both ends of the floor, even while playing at 70 percent or so.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.