Story Poster
Baylor Basketball Recruiting

Jason Asemota (2024) Gives His Pledge to Baylor

August 27, 2022

Jason Asemota, a 6-9 wing with a 7 foot wingspan commits to Baylor on his official visit to the school. He is ranked as a top 15 player in the nation by most scouting services.  Asemota chose the Bears over schools like Kansas, Oregon, Ohio State and Stanford.  

He will play his junior year at Hillcrest Prep in Arizona.  He played for Run the Citi on the AAU circuit this summer.  

What are the Bears getting in Asemota?

He’s a modern day wing that can defend multiple positions, knock down a high percentage of three point shots, handle the ball and play with aggression and athleticism on both ends of the court.  

This sets the Bears off to a great start in the 2024 class where the Bears are in the hunt for some of the top high school talent in the country.  Asemota will be a part of the first recruiting class to play all of his games at Foster Pavilion, a $212 million basketball arena on the Brazos River adjacent to McLane Stadium.  The facility is scheduled to open in early 2024.  

Discussion from...

Jason Asemota (2024) Gives His Pledge to Baylor

5,077 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EvilTroyAndAbed
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We need some high ranking recruits that will stay at Baylor for four years to go along with the one and done.
Crawfoso1973
Too bad Drew doesn't already know how to build a roster with one and dones and elite role players.
Fre3dombear
Crawfoso1973 said:

Too bad Drew doesn't already know how to build a roster with one and dones and elite role players.

Yeah. This is unfortunate for us fans. Dammit
ScottS
(20) jason asemota - Twitter Search / Twitter
McCavebear
Fre3dombear said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

Yeah. This is unfortunate for us fans. Dammit
HA HA!

Welcome Jason !

I know you want a National Championship! Baylor is the place!

Sic em!
McCavebear Lives!
setshot
The Asemota commitment is an ideal one in the development and maintenance of a program in the hunt for a national championship. If the reviews of his ascendance in the fundamentals of his game are accurate, then what we have to look forward to is a young man with ideal size, combined with admirable mobility and a skill set with two high school seasons ahead in which he can gain in stature, strength and skill.

It is a rare talent who can score at all three levels, with deadly accuracy from the three point arc, and yet is dedicated to the proposition that the real test of his place among the elite players in his class will be his versatility and consistent effectiveness at the defensive end of the floor. He has near ideal length right now, and if he grows another inch or two and adds strength as he matures, then we will see a young man who completes the portrait of excellence in search of greatness.

I do not say this merely in the blush of a recruiting coup, but because I have seen a number of wing players at Baylor across several decades including the extraordinary Terry Teagle, and I think that Jason has all of the qualities necessary to be numbered among the best of them, if not at the top of the list. His devotion to the game, and his determination to acquire a mastery of defensive basketball, impresses me because he has his priorities established and in the proper order.

As much as his physical equipment and his considerable offensive skill set impresses me, his attitude matches the sum of both assets, and rather than value added, it becomes a multiplier. Think a healthy, dedicated Quincy Miller, perhaps, for a comparison. I saw a video of Miller as a junior prior to his knee injury, and while he was not the defensive presence that Jason Asemota aspires to be, his length and offensive skill set made him a legitimate top-level, elite recruit.

For an athlete preparing to enter his junior year of high school to show such promise and such dedication to preparing himself for the challenges awaiting him is extraordinary. The culture represented by the Baylor basketball program is ideal for assisting such a player to realize his goals A hearty welcome to Baylor, Jason
Asemota.
EvilTroyAndAbed
chorne68 said:

We need some high ranking recruits that will stay at Baylor for four years to go along with the one and done.

So you want 4 and 5 star recruits who plan on staying in college for four years? The ones that do that do so because they didn't live up to their initial ranking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.