I've got a new man crush

3,667 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Space53
Big_Pumpin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Caleb Lohner. Combination of Matthew McConaughey, young Justin Timberlake and Stuart from Mad TV. Love the way the guy plays.
BUBradley
Doesn't hurt that he looks like a Greek God! He can be hit or miss so far but he always gives effort and that's more important!
CTbruin
Hit or miss?

What does he miss?
Alf
UCLA claims that Flagler is the real heartbreaker.
BUBradley
He makes some silly mistakes and sometimes dribbles the ball too much given we have 5 starting guards on the team. Had a lot of turnovers in one of the first games too. I'm sure he's still getting acclimated and will be just fine.
CTbruin
His stat sheet is strong.

Averaging 8 points and 7 rebounds a game. Shooting 70% from the floor and 67% from 3. Averaging 1 TO per game.

And he averages almost as many offense rebounds as defense.

Shooting about 80% from the free throw line. And a good many steals.

Not bad for a bench player.

And he plays his tale off when on the floor.
4yrletterbear
Love his game and he will only get better as he gets more comfortable with the team and how his role fits
DanaDane
Lohner is definitely a bottle of energy waiting to happen! It's fun watching him.
historian
Lohner often seems like another Mark Vital. I don't think he will ever match Vital's energy & myriad contributions but he seems to do some of the same things, also very well.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Fre3dombear
CTbruin said:

Averaging 8 points and 7 rebounds a game. Shooting 70% from the floor and 67% from 3. Averaging 1 TO per game.

Plus he can dunk
bear2be2
CTbruin said:

We've got a great set of bench players in Bonner, Lohner and Big Josh. Those three are exactly what you look for in reserves because all bring a ton of energy when they're on the floor. Those guys are all capable of sparking us when we need a good kick in the shorts and keeping a run going when our starters need a rest.
bear2be2
DanaDane said:

Lohner is definitely a bottle of energy waiting to happen! It's fun watching him.
I love watching Bonner and Lohner on the floor together because those two are constant hustle. Even when they don't get the steal or rebound, they get their hands on a ton of balls with their effort.

Every good team needs a couple of guys like that.
BQHOME
Caleb was one of the players I loved to watch when he was still at BYU. He should do great things in Waco.
TXBEAR_bf
Ya, no way to compare him to one of the best Baylor players of all time, but he can hit a three better than Mark. His stroke actually looks pretty damn good.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
TXBEAR_bf
Keynote to Caleb for the lob dunk seems to be a good connection as well. Caleb can get up.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
historian
Point taken. But if Caleb aspired to do some of those Mark Vital things to Mark's level of efficiency, he will likely be a bigger contributor to the team. The fact that he shoots better is wonderful.
historian
Autocorrect can be annoying at times!
Crawfoso1973
Lohner so impressive with his ability to mix it up inside and also switch and guard the perimeter. Vital-esque.
joseywales
Nice athleticism, defense sucks
Crawfoso1973
joseywales said:

His defense doesn't suck. He is a big with the agility to switch and guard the perimeter, which is vital (pun intended) in our system.
CTbruin
joseywales said:

Wrong
BusyTarpDuster2017
Big_Pumpin said:

Caleb Lohner. Combination of Matthew McConaughey, young Justin Timberlake and Stuart from Mad TV. Love the way the guy plays.
A little uncomfortable with the vibes coming from this post...

Just please don't talk about how good of a ball handler he is or how he takes it hard to the rim.
Big_Pumpin
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

Just please don't talk about how good of a ball handler he is or how he takes it hard to the rim.

Well however uncomfortable you were, you just increased the uncomfortableness level 10 fold.

And I like it
ChapBear
There was only one Mark Vital. He actually could guard all five positions and give the guards fits. Caleb gives great effort but definitely could not slow down the UCLA guards, that being said, some of our guards couldn't slow them down either. Caleb is much better than Vital was offensively and seems to have gotten back his stroke on the 3 ball. Caleb can come close to matching Vital on the boards and gives great effort. He is really a presence on the boards. I love his overall game and he was a "great" acquisition.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Big_Pumpin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

Well however uncomfortable you were, you just increased the uncomfortableness level 10 fold.

And I like it
At your service. Just....not that service.
Mitch Henessey
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

And I like it
At your service. Just....not that service.
Not with that attitude, you're not
Media Bear
BUBradley said:

Doesn't hurt that he looks like a Greek God! He can be hit or miss so far but he always gives effort and that's more important!
historian
Michelangelo's David is neither Greek nor a god! The real David was a Hebrew & both Michelangelo & his model were Italians.
Mothballs
historian said:

Michelangelo's David is neither Greek nor a god! The real David was a Hebrew & both Michelangelo & his model were Italians.

Buzz kill...lol.
Media Bear
historian said:

TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Big_Pumpin said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Big_Pumpin said:

And I like it
user name checks out
-tfhpb, "Thee couch-potato prognosticator"

Big_Pumpin
It was good seeing you today. It had been a while. Te amo
Space53
He looks like Marty Zeller.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.