Story Poster
Baylor Basketball Recruiting

Prolific Prep 5-Star 2024 Center Yves Missi Commits to Baylor

January 4, 2023

Yves Missi, a 5 star big man in the class of 2024 has given Scott Drew and staff his commitment. Missi is the 3rd verbal commit in the class of 2024 alongside point guard Robert Wright III and forward Jason Asemota.

The No. 1 recruiting class in the nation for 2024 just got stronger with the commitment of Yves Missi from Prolific Prep. The 7-foot-0, 230-pound post player is tailor-made for Scott Drew’s system. Missi is a center with a chance to be a positionless player who can guard every position on defense. He has a 7-6 wingspan and a high skill level on both sides of the floor. He catches lobs, blocks shots and has a nice touch on his shot to go along with being a good ballhandler and passer. 

http://instagr.am/p/CnAspv8pmC0

Missi is from Cameroon and his brother Steve played college basketball at Harvard for four years. Missi spent last season in the Northeast but this year he is playing at Prolific Prep in Napa, California. 

According to the 247 composite ranking, he is a five-star prospect and ranked No. 18 in the 2024 class. On3 has him ranked the highest as he is currently No. 6 in the nation.

Discussion from...

Prolific Prep 5-Star 2024 Center Yves Missi Commits to Baylor

8,166 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ImABearToo
whiattsmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bah Bam!
Married A Horn
Now let's go get Tre!
ImABearToo
Suck it ut and Stanford.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Fre3dombear
Waco is Title Town

Sponsored by Magnolia
Johnny Bear
This is BIG! We are a solid national program and it shows!
Smashmouth
I love it but still wonder if one and done guys is the way to go. So far history has shown an experienced well balanced veteran team is the way to go but I still love this commitment.
EasyE
I think they are in a sweet spot as far as this goes. It seems like they are targeting and getting commitments from players typically ranked in the 10-50 range, players that have a lot of skill and potential, but not necessarily one and done players. Sochan's rise was an unexpected outlier which has created an
apparent hole for this year's team. Brown was expected to leave, but probably should have stayed in school at least one extra year. George more than likely will move on and be replaced by Walter, though he may greatly benefit by one additional year at the college level. Always interesting to see what will happen. I wonder if the rumor of Missi reclassifying is really a possibility. I hope his last name isn't a reflection on his shooting ability.
EasyE
When did he grow from 6'10" to 7 ft?
ImABearToo
He was 6'10 earlier today, now 7'. By tomorrow the dude will be knocking on 8' at this clip.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.