What would be a successful run for BU in this year's tourney?

2,985 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Robert Wilson
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

You have to take that in context. I'd assume several of those losses were without Kalkbrenner. They're a much much better team with him than without. They lost like 5 in a row without him
They lost four of their last five Quad 1 games with him healthy and in the lineup.

Overall, he played at least 30 minutes in nine of their 12 losses.

He's a great player and they're a good team. But they're not a great team. They haven't been all year.

That doesn't mean they can't beat us, of course. But we're not a great team either IMO.
historian
Kalkbrenner had 31 points in the round 1 game. Baylor Scheierman is also good and they make a great combo.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
bear2be2
historian said:

Kalkbrenner had 31 points in the round 1 game. Baylor Scheierman is also good and they make a great combo.
Those two are both great players. They'll likely both cause problems for us defensively.

I'm hoping that this will be a good defensive matchup for Flo, but we'll see. He usually does pretty well against back-to-the-basket posts, but Kalkbrenner's better than most he's faced.
Fre3dombear
Hopefully they're just a little bit better St Marys from 2010
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
IowaBear said:

You actually believe that the players give a crap who Greenberg picks ? Good grief that's a moronic take

Self proclaimed genius that thinks he can read all the players minds. Most would say thats really moronic. I have known many college level athletes and they all read what is said.
IowaBear
And they care about what Seth Davis says!!? Seriously doubt that. I guarantee you this fanbase cares about what the outside world is saying more than the players. No reason to get in your feelings about what sports anchors are saying. Who gives a **** if they picked us to lose (most had us winning)
historian
Better than Timme? Flo proved twice that he can hinder Timme quite effectively. The mother of one of the natty players (Teague?) even had a funny meme about it.
bear2be2
historian said:

Better than Timme? Flo proved twice that he can hinder Timme quite effectively. The mother of one of the natty players (Teague?) even had a funny meme about it.
He's not better than Timme, but he's taller and is probably slightly better as an outside shooter, which makes him a little different matchup.

I think this will be a pretty decent matchup for Flo, but we won't know for sure until tomorrow.

historian
Thanks

One thing we can be certain of: Drew will have our guys prepared. If they can avoid dumb mistakes and execute then I like our chances.
boognish_bear
We will file this season under "disappointing let down"
Robert Wilson
boognish_bear said:

We will file this season under "disappointing let down"
I will.

But hey, look how far we've come...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.