Wow Kansas quit with 3 seconds left

1,425 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TWD 1974
Fre3dombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Didn't even try to foul after they inbounded down 1.

Would have required a miracle but just shows when they get away a bit from the refs covering for them and vapor lock just like anyone

But after the arky Coach got naked after the game I'm a little sad I was rooting for them
True Grit
I can't stand Kansas, so super-glad they lost.
Jack Bauer
4 Big12 teams remain
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jack Bauer said:

4 Big12 teams remain
Iowa State was shockingly disappointing!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
DanaDane
Kansas played lackadaisically the final 2 minutes. And, they seemingly thought they were going to get whistles in that final minute when they took the ball inside. But they suddenly found out it wasn't Allen Fieldhouse.
EvilTroyAndAbed
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jack Bauer said:

4 Big12 teams remain
Iowa State was shockingly disappointing!

Also didn't show up for the SEC challenge.
bear2be2
Fre3dombear said:

Would have required a miracle but just shows when they get away a bit from the refs covering for them and vapor lock just like anyone

But after the arky Coach got naked after the game I'm a little sad I was rooting for them
They didn't quit. They just couldn't get to the guy in time to get a foul with enough time to get a shot off at the other end.

Arkansas did a good a good job of finding space on the inbounds and making the one pass they needed to end to the game. Kansas might have been able to get a foul with less than second left. But they would have needed a full-court heave at the buzzer to extend the game at that point.
Fre3dombear
bear2be2 said:

Fre3dombear said:

They didn't quit. They just couldn't get to the guy in time to get a foul with enough time to get a shot off at the other end.

Arkansas did a good a good job of finding space on the inbounds and making the one pass they needed to end to the game. Kansas might have been able to get a foul with less than second left. But they would have needed a full-court heave at the buzzer to extend the game at that point.

Nah. They quit. Could have fouled with just under 2 left but he loafed

Would have required a miracle anyway

Plus they didn't have to Foul the guy with the ball. So many options. Still miracle would have been required but better than no chance .
bear2be2
Fre3dombear said:

bear2be2 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Plus they didn't have to Foul the guy with the ball. So many options. Still miracle would have been required but better than no chance .
I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Harris was still 15 feet away with two seconds left. If he could have gotten to the ball-handler in time to commit a foul, and that's a big if, it would have been with at most 0.6 seconds left. They knew it was over as soon as the first pass was made, and they were right. They needed to foul on the catch to have any chance, and they couldn't.

Fre3dombear
It's right there for you to see. If you can't see it's not on me.

Doesn't matter. Would have required a miracle anyway
TWD 1974
bear2be2 said:

Fre3dombear said:

bear2be2 said:

Fre3dombear said:

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Harris was still 15 feet away with two seconds left. If he could have gotten to the ball-handler in time to commit a foul, and that's a big if, it would have been with at most 0.6 seconds left. They knew it was over as soon as the first pass was made, and they were right. They needed to foul on the catch to have any chance, and they couldn't.

No disrespect for Norm Roberts, who deserves credit for stepping in for Self in a really tough spot, but I think Musselman outfoxed Kansas in the last 10 seconds. They anticipated the give to Wilson and got the early foul smart move with a 3 point lead. Wilson was trying to miss the second Free Throw, but Arkansas had it boxed out really well. As we saw in our game, Arkansas handles missed FT rebounds as well as anyone in the country. Kansas didn't quit, but they weren't set up right if they were trying to stop the inbound pass.
The missed play I saw was when Kansas brought it up with 7 seconds left. Grady was open early for a three.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.