Sunday NCAA Tournament games thread

3,878 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Jack Bauer
Quinton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

How did both teams choke? Left when Uh had an 8 point lead with little time left. And how on earth did A&M choke in OT against a roster that would be borderline top 75 after the foul outs.
A&M never had a chance to choke. Sharp hit a 3-pointer to open overtime and Houston led the rest of the way.

I misunderstood then. Though all of them were fouled out going into OT.
bear2be2
Method Man said:

Yall hear Coach Sampson gives us a shoutout at the end of their victory?

At least the women know how to win a 2nd round game.
Coach Collen now has a Sweet 16, and a BIGXII Regular Season Championship on her resume.
The hardest thing to do is to follow a legend.
That was a phenomenal win by the women tonight. I won't begin to pretend that I've paid close attention to that team this year, but I've watched a handful of games, and I didn't know they had that kind of performance in them.

Virginia Tech put them in tough situations all night long in a true road game, and they answered every single one of them.
bear2be2
Quinton said:

bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

How did both teams choke? Left when Uh had an 8 point lead with little time left. And how on earth did A&M choke in OT against a roster that would be borderline top 75 after the foul outs.
A&M never had a chance to choke. Sharp hit a 3-pointer to open overtime and Houston led the rest of the way.

I misunderstood then. Though all of them were fouled out going into OT.
Sharp fouled out early in OT, and Shead with about 19 seconds left.

But for about the final four minutes, Shead, Roberts, Wilson and Dunn were the only "real" players left for Houston.
Method Man
bear2be2 said:

Method Man said:

Coach Collen now has a Sweet 16, and a BIGXII Regular Season Championship on her resume.
That was a phenomenal win by the women tonight. I won't begin to pretend that I've paid close attention to that team this year, but I've watched a handful of games, and I didn't know they had that kind of performance in them.

Virginia Tech put them in tough situations all night long in a true road game, and they answered every single one of them.
Doing it on the road was what I found most impressive. Hell of a win by the ladies tonight!
I think Coach Collen is a keeper. They've had a great season, and do they own a win over the #1 seed Texas.

If any of our teams make it to the Sweet 16 its a successful season. Todays performance from our men seemed like Ground Hog day from the past 3 tournaments.

Despite the comeback in 22 and 24....it seemed like we were getting our asses kicked the majority of the game in all three of these second round losses.
bear2be2
Method Man said:

bear2be2 said:

Method Man said:

Doing it on the road was what I found most impressive. Hell of a win by the ladies tonight!
I think Coach Collen is a keeper. They've had a great season, and do they own a win over the #1 seed Texas.

If any of our teams make it to the Sweet 16 its a successful season. Todays performance from our men seemed like Ground Hog day from the past 3 tournaments.

Despite the comeback in 22 and 24....it seemed like we were getting our asses kicked the majority of the game in all three of these second round losses.

I wasn't trying to imply they couldn't beat good teams because I saw some of the Utah game. I was talking more about winning a gritty, tough, adversity-filled game.

One of the games I had watched was the Iowa State game at the Big 12 tournament, and that was brutal.

As for your last two paragraphs, I am in full agreement with both.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

As much as I don't like Kelvin Sampson, I'm rooting for Houston to win it all. That's a gritty, likeable team.
historian
Quinton said:

By the end, all players were exhausted. The Aggies made CB lots of clutch plays in the end of regulation and early OT. I think they used up their allotment! They were no longer able to sustain it.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
WA Jim
B12 and SEC were over rated conferences with a large swath of equally mediocre teams. ACC was under rated.
historian
bear2be2 said:

Method Man said:

The women won some tough road games this year against ranked teams: Texas, West Virginia, & now Virginia Tech. The men only won road games against the bottom teams in the conference (except TCU).
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Is this CBI Tournament or over-40 YMCA Basketball league?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.