Over reactors

1,333 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by ZachTay
Bearsalwayswin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello. Glad y'all are reading this and yes I'm sure y'all will be ticked at me for it. No I don't find the round of 32 acceptable. No we haven't done enough in recruiting. But to question Scott Drew's ability to coach is insufferable. Before we continue to hate on each other and the staff can we at least remember that we're all baylor fans and all want the best for Baylor. With that being said I hope y'all have a good night. I know Scott will change things.

Sicem
Baylor17
In Scott Drew We Trust.
chorne68
Sometimes you just lay an egg. We have had bad games shooting threes, but I cannot remember a game when we shot free throws so poorly. I totally support my Bears but I am tired of being the higher seed and losing in the tournament.
CizzLark
Agree. Not sure what's with the overreactions. Our team looked like it needed another year together to make the really deep run. We lacked a little consistency. It happens. Still a pretty good basketball team, just not elite.
BigGameBaylorBear
I mean let's be real, we are spoiled. What team can do what we have done in the past 5 years?

Kansas has been in the same boat, multiple early exits and a natty

Kentucky and Purdue haven't accomplished SQUAT (Although Purdue looks better now)

Gonzaga has nine straight sweet sixteens but nothing to show for

It's hard to win in March
ZachTay
Just glad that practically every game in on TV.
I'm done giving a dime toward the high prices Rhoades has created.
Baylor is not a blue blood. Never will be. Quit acting like it and just enjoy good seasons. Rhoades will move on with the next higher comp offer.
TeamPlayer
Scott Drew has dedicated most of his adult life to our program. We went what . . . 30 years in between NCAA tournament wins?

We will never hire a better coach. Period. Opinion that might as well be fact.

Nobody likes losing the first weekend 3 years straight after winning a national title.

It's not as satisfying for us (and him) as winning tournament games, but Drew is helping top talent achieve their dreams of playing in the NBA. I don't like relying heavily on freshman either, but this is the state of our program right now, and it's still really good. We are forever indebted to him.
IvanBear
CizzLark said:

Agree. Not sure what's with the overreactions. Our team looked like it needed another year together to make the really deep run. We lacked a little consistency. It happens. Still a pretty good basketball team, just not elite.

Here's the thing this team won't get that, and Drew keeps building teams that won't get that chance. I love Drew and support him but he's got to get away from this problem of his own creation.
Stefano DiMera
There clearly needs to be an emphasis on recruiting some defense first guards and figure out the offense around that.

And staff upgrades. We got too many quarter zips breaking down film instead of teaching defense.
IvanBear
TeamPlayer said:

Scott Drew has dedicated most of his adult life to our program. We went what . . . 30 years in between NCAA tournament wins?

Nobody likes losing the first weekend 3 years straight after winning a national title.

It's not as satisfying for us (and him) as winning tournament games, but Drew is helping top talent achieve their dreams of playing in the NBA. I don't like relying heavily on freshman either, but this is the state of our program right now, and it's still really good. We are forever indebted to him.

Drew wasn't hired to send kids to the NBA, if that's what he's getting tied up on (I hope not), he needs to remember his job description: College basketball coach.
ZachTay
TeamPlayer said:

I've dedicated my entire adult life to Baylor athletics. Can I get $5 Million a year from Baylor too?

Sic'em
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.