Culture of Joy Roster

1,087 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MashedPotatoes
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EJ: gave everything, every time. After the injury became a player/coach and great leader

Rjay: overcomer. Took on a leadership role

Bridges: speaks highly of Baylor. Came back for one more year. Leader

Walter: tons of talent. Zero ego. Owns his shortcomings and gives credit to others for his growing abilities

Lohner: rebounding machine. Tons of hustle

Nunn: never saw him down. Lights out shooter. Positive attitude.Made big strides on D

Missi: speaks volumes to the ability of this coaching staff and his own ability to improve.

Josh O: see notes on Missi. Seems to be developing a mean streak, in a good way, when between the lines.

Little: just a kid. So much promise.

Love: repeatedly bit by the injury bug and I've never heard anything negative from him or seen bad body language.

Ya, they came up short and we're all disappointed. But, nobody is more disappointed than they are.

Short of the Natty team, this was my favorite group of players.

With the portal and NIL, being able to build a team like the Natty team most likely want happen again. A developing player is going to have teams from all around the country throwing money at them to come be a part of their program.

I expect these guys to be big recruiters for Baylor and this staff over the next few years.

bear2be2
LIB,MR BEARS said:

EJ: gave everything, every time. After the injury became a player/coach and great leader

Walter: tons of talent. Zero ego. Owns his shortcomings and gives credit to others for his growing abilities

Nunn: never saw him down. Lights out shooter. Positive attitude.Made big strides on D

Missi: speaks volumes to the ability of this coaching staff and his own ability to improve.

Josh O: see notes on Missi. Seems to be developing a mean streak, in a good way, when between the lines.

Love: repeatedly bit by the injury bug and I've never heard anything negative from him or seen bad body language.

Ya, they came up short and we're all disappointed. But, nobody is more disappointed than they are.

With the portal and NIL, being able to build a team like the Natty team most likely want happen again. A developing player is going to have teams from all around the country throwing money at them to come be a part of their program.

I expect these guys to be big recruiters for Baylor and this staff over the next few years.
This was a great collection of guys. Extremely likeable.

Scott Drew's program culture is real. He targets and develops good people, and they consistently represent our university with heart, effort and class.

That shouldn't be overlooked in our disappointment and frustration.
Hotsauce
Well said. I also really liked this group. Was more disappointed for them that it didn't work out.
CST Bear
Great post. I love these kids. They gave me many nights of entertainment and joy
Fre3dombear
Whole team,

Never quit. Wanted to win
Chuckroast
bear2be2 said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

This was a great collection of guys. Extremely likeable.

Scott Drew's program culture is real. He targets and develops good people, and they consistently represent our university with heart, effort and class.

That shouldn't be overlooked in our disappointment and frustration.

Totally agree. You know we have a great program when it is filled every year with high character players, and the floor is advancing at least one round in the NCAA tournament. I don't believe this year's team reached its ceiling, but our program is in a great place, and it is fun being a Baylor basketball fan.
MashedPotatoes
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I needed this, Lib. Thank you for the perspective.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.