Natty game: UConn vs Purdue

2,623 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by boognish_bear
Mitch Henessey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UConn has won me about $1,500 the past two tourneys. And I'm not a betting man. A few modest bets here and there, plus a few office tourney pools. Can't say I hate to see them win again.
BigGameBaylorBear
The recency bias is real but damn this UConn team can ball. 2021 Baylor v 2024 UConn would feed families
bear2be2
Mitch Henessey said:

UConn has won me about $1,500 the past two tourneys. And I'm not a betting man. A few modest bets here and there, plus a few office tourney pools. Can't say I hate to see them win again.
They're really, really good. Two straight national title runs where they barely drew a sweat. You have to give them their props.
Mitch Henessey
bear2be2 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

They're really, really good. Two straight national title runs where they barely drew a sweat. You have to give them their props.
Yep. They've been indisputably the best team in the country for the last two years, pretty much from start to finish (the notable exception being a 10-game lull to start 2022-23 Big East play).
Jack Bauer
UConn - National Champions

bear2be2
Jack Bauer said:

UConn - National Champions

It's unbelievable really.
boognish_bear
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

These posts are silly. Duke has three national titles this century and just went to the Elite Eight for the ninth time since 2000.

It's possible to praise UConn without trying to belittle one of the most successful programs in the country.
IvanBear
bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

These posts are silly. Duke has three national titles this century and just went to the Elite Eight for the ninth time since 2000.

It's possible to praise UConn without trying to belittle one of the most successful programs in the country.
Nah this is fair. Uconn is a program that's a force, Duke was one really good cheater coach for a long time.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
bear2be2
IvanBear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Nah this is fair. Uconn is a program that's a force, Duke was one really good cheater coach for a long time.
On what evidence are you basing your allegation that Coach K cheated? And Scheyer took them to the Elite Eight in Year 2.

You don't have to like Duke. I don't particularly. But you have to respect what Krzysewski built there.
Fre3dombear
Where's UConn rank natty wise?
whitetrash
Fre3dombear said:

Behind only UCLA IIRC
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Jack Bauer
Fre3dombear said:

Team (Last trophy)
UCLA: 11 (1995)
Kentucky: 8 (2012)
UNC: 6 (2017)
UConn: 6 (2024)
Duke: 5 (2015)
Indiana: 5 (1987)
Kansas: 4 (2022)
Villanova: 3 (2018)

2 each for Louisville, Cincinatti, Florida, Michigan State, NC State, Ok State, San Francisco
boognish_bear
Staley said a similar thing about parents after South Carolina won at all on Sunday

BigGameBaylorBear
boognish_bear said:

I think FDU had the same game plan last year
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Damn

boognish_bear
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.