Scott Drew being pursued by Kentucky reminds me of when Grant Teaff was pursued by US

1,251 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Chamberman
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I remember this!

osogreen
I have been told many times over the years and from numerous sources that at no time was USC seriously considering Teaff.

Grant would have eaten another worm to get more money out of a tight fisted administration and a well placed rumor might have done the trick.
Johnny Bear
osogreen said:

I have been told many times over the years and from numerous sources that at no time was USC seriously considering Teaff.

I don't believe that. When that happened I distinctly recall when Teaff announced he was staying at BU the emotion in his voice was highly indicative of someone who had just made a very tough decision that was likely agonized over. I don't think he is or was capable of being a good enough actor to come across that way if the whole thing was simply a farce he leveraged to negotiate a better deal.

That claim sounds a lot like the aggy "we never offered" excuse to me.
gobears20
Staff
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1986-12-18-sp-3818-story.html
Bear8084
osogreen said:

Grant would have eaten another worm to get more money out of a tight fisted administration and a well placed rumor might have done the trick.

Chamberman
And it being a few years after Teaff won the national championship, makes it even more eerily similar. :rolleyes:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.