Lexington KY, Scott, My Two Cents

1,169 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by PapaBear2458
Zeromarginerror
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love Coach Drew. I love Baylor because my kids all graduated from Baylor. I believe if he stays in Waco, it will only by because of the Lord and His work in Scott and his wife and family, and because he is such a rare breed of a man and so humble in his nature. I had the chance to thank his dad Homer (for his wonderful son) in Indianapolis at the airport before the Championship and I am sure his dad's influence and humble nature was paramount in forming Scott's personality and character.

If he leaves, I will still love the man and all that he has done for Waco and Baylor.

Lexington, KY is one of the most beautiful places in the country, if not the world. About 23 years ago, I became friends with a billionaire who lives in Dallas but owns one of the top thoroughbred farms in the world. One of his horses, Justify won the Triple Crown a few years ago. Ironically, I became friends through our shared love of basketball. This man recruited New York Knick Julius Randle to play with his sons and they won the national AAU championship.

I've been to this man's Lexington (actually Versailles) horse farm twice. It is stunning. Absolutely magnificent. Picture cross cut beautiful green grass, (like at baseball parks) but over rolling hills of 2500+ acres. And there are a number of other farms just like it, all over Lexington. It's truly the bluegrass country. Woodford Reserve bourbon facility is literally down the street.

I got to meet the Kentucky governor at the time on a racing trip with my friend and a few more of his friends and Coach Avery Johnson one time. Another time, Terry Bradshaw and Coach Calipari in his suite at the Kentucky Derby. These people love to interact with each other. (And for little me, it was a thrill, as well. I felt kinda like Max in The Sound of Music. "I like rich people. I like how I live when I'm with them.")

I don't know Scott's wife, but I've read she is not as outgoing as Scott. I can't speak on that. So whether she would enjoy the hobnobbing and all with really wealthy people, I don't know.

I guess my point of this post would be that from a worldly perspective, Waco is no match for Lexington. Waco certainly has some beauty, too, though. And I would include the great people of Waco, and Baylor. And, the Drew's are not necessarily drawn to the world as most people are. If we hold onto this marvelous family, it will truly be because of God. And I'm praying this morning for that. But I will support their journey either way. And if he does leave, I will hold onto the belief that God has other plans for Baylor Men's basketball, and that we will be okay. The culture of JOY established by Scott can indeed go on.
MattyIce
Ban this guy
william
best of luck to scotty (and family) if he leaves ....

- kkm

... and we'd be happy if he stays.

we'll be fine either way.

go bears!
Go Bears!
PapaBear2458
Good post. Lexington is indeed beautiful. I will always appreciate what Coach Drew has done for Baylor and the basketball team regardless of his decision. I pray that God will lead him as to where He wants him and that Coach Drew will put his whole heart into coaching that team. We'll see what happens. I hope Coach Drew will make his decision today so we can hire a new coach quickly if he decides to move on. Sic 'em, Bears!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.