Arena must be filled

3,224 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by wongobear
EvilTroyAndAbed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll do my part even though I live 6 hours away, but that arena must be filled for every game, including Mississippi Valley State. He just spurned both Kentucky programs within six weeks of each other. We must show him our appreciation, and not just when Kansas or Houston shows up.
BluesBear
Then the school needs to help and not schedule 8pm week day games. Impossible to travel from Dallas or Houston
wongobear
BluesBear said:

Then the school needs to help and not schedule 8pm week day games. Impossible to travel from Dallas or Houston
Vote for high speed rail
Hotsauce
We honestly don't deserve CSD.

I hope some people wake up and support him to the level he deserves.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BluesBear said:

Not impossible in Lexington. Not impossible in Durham. Not impossible in Chapel Hill or Fayetteville, Ark. That's weak sauce. We only need 7,000 each game.
Ashley Hodge
sicemkentucky
BluesBear said:

Stay up past your bed time. I'd kill to be a couple hours from Waco.
Stefano DiMera
LOL..
Stefano DiMera
And road games and neutral sites.

Plan your vacation around the holiday tournaments and neutral sites.

Show up ALWAYS when we play in the DFW Metroplex (TCU etc.)

Go to KC in March...the dates are already established.
Johnny Bear
wongobear said:

BluesBear said:

Vote for high speed rail

As long as one of the non ESPN+ time slots is 8pm you're going to get some 8pm week day games. Period.
oldbear69
BluesBear said:

Hello Motel 6.. they'll even leave the light on.
Chamberman
How many of the Foster Pavilion games this season were not sell outs?
Baylor17
Chamberman said:

How many of the Foster Pavilion games this season were not sell outs?

Technically 0
Chamberman
BluesBear said:

The school doesn't select game times. The networks do.
IowaBear
Don't get to many in Waco for obvious reasons. But I do try to get to the neutral site and road games within reasonable distance
Chamberman
Stupid thread, ban OP. Not an issue.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Chamberman said:

I didn't say sellouts. I said filled arena. I saw empty seats at games last year.
BearlyBeloved
There's a place on Foster Pavilion's entrance plaza for a statue, right??
cowboycwr
wongobear said:

BluesBear said:

Vote for high speed rail
high speed rail will never work. Even if it is built between Dallas and Waco the station in Waco would likely be in McGregor and then there is the issue of getting to the stadium.

And that would only help those in the Dallas area as anyone west (Arlington, Fort Worth, etc.) would drive just as long to get to the Dallas station as getting to Waco.

Because it wouldn't go Dallas, Ft. Worth, Waco and if it did the travel time would end up being about the same as driving.

If High speed rail ever comes to TX it would only be between Dallas-Houston, Houston-SA and SA-Dallas and very few if any stops in between.
Chamberman
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Chamberman said:

I didn't say sellouts. I said filled arena. I saw empty seats at games last year.
If people owning the seats can't sell them for what their asking, that's not the fans or athletic department's problem.
IvanBear
BluesBear said:

What are you talking about? 8pm is the perfect game time for Dallas fans. You don't destroy a work day to get down there, I've done it many a time.

EvilTroyAndAbed
Chamberman said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Chamberman said:

If people owning the seats can't sell them for what their asking, that's not the fans or athletic department's problem.

So they bought them to flip them? They could offer them to anyone who can take them. This message is for them as well. I find it interesting that when Duke is playing a smaller school, I see no empty seats. Are people flipping seats there too?
bear2be2
oldbear69 said:

BluesBear said:

Hello Motel 6.. they'll even leave the light on.
Based on your posts throughout the season, this must be a sad day for you. How you holding up?

Has anyone done a welfare check on BUGWB?
bear2be2
BearlyBeloved said:

There's a place on Foster Pavilion's entrance plaza for a statue, right??

Yep. Right where Clifton Robinson Tower currently stands.
Self Made Bear
I'm in Waco and I will do my part.
wongobear
cowboycwr said:

wongobear said:

BluesBear said:

Vote for high speed rail
high speed rail will never work. Even if it is built between Dallas and Waco the station in Waco would likely be in McGregor and then there is the issue of getting to the stadium.

And that would only help those in the Dallas area as anyone west (Arlington, Fort Worth, etc.) would drive just as long to get to the Dallas station as getting to Waco.

Because it wouldn't go Dallas, Ft. Worth, Waco and if it did the travel time would end up being about the same as driving.

If High speed rail ever comes to TX it would only be between Dallas-Houston, Houston-SA and SA-Dallas and very few if any stops in between.
Yeah, and the idea the schedule would line up with a Baylor basketball game is also pretty unlikely even if the train did go straight to downtown.

Anyway, it would be nice to have another way to get around Texas.
T-REX
BluesBear said:

1. School doesn't determine tip times
2. No it's not. Plenty of us do it every time we play in that time slot
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BBWCBear
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Chamberman said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Chamberman said:

So they bought them to flip them? They could offer them to anyone who can take them. This message is for them as well. I find it interesting that when Duke is playing a smaller school, I see no empty seats. Are people flipping seats there too?

Comparing BU to Duke, KS, NCarolina and others is not fair. A Baylor fan is Unique, all boxes have to be checked… Convenience & interest are high water factors. Those schools face similar issues, but bury BU with turnout. It's an issue that has been here for decades if not it's entire athletic history.

There has NEVER been a Baylor coach offered a Blue Blood job before much less turn it down. Hope he receives the support.
cowboycwr
I will add that weekday evening/night games (whether a 6Pm or 8PM tip off) are hard for alumni with younger kids to attend. Whether in town or out of town.

Weekday sitters are harder to find and as any parent knows it can mess up a whole week when you drastically change bedtime for even one day. So even for alum that live in town with young children an 8PM game is hard to make it to since that could be around their child's bedtime.
LitigiOSO
sicemkentucky said:

BluesBear said:

Stay up past your bed time. I'd kill to be a couple hours from Waco.
THIS.

Some of us that live nearly 500 miles away need to drive up on Friday and return on Sunday to catch a football (or basketball) game on Saturday.
LitigiOSO
B.A. '92, J.D. '95
ScottS
T-REX said:

BluesBear said:

Dallas to Waco on an evening weekday is fine. Not sure on Houston to Waco.
T-REX
ScottS said:

T-REX said:

BluesBear said:

Dallas to Waco on an evening weekday is fine. Not sure on Houston to Waco.
it's further for sure but I know of at least a few folks who do that drive for mid week games. Just saying it can be done and does get done but being in dfw is for sure much easier.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
BearlyBeloved
cowboycwr said:

I will add that weekday evening/night games (whether a 6Pm or 8PM tip off) are hard for alumni with younger kids to attend. Whether in town or out of town.

Weekday sitters are harder to find and as any parent knows it can mess up a whole week when you drastically change bedtime for even one day. So even for alum that live in town with young children an 8PM game is hard to make it to since that could be around their child's bedtime.
Add free child care to Foster Pavilion. Send the bill to Kentucky.

Problem solved.
historian
I'm 85 miles away and cannot afford the tickets. This is partly because of the terrible economy (Bidenflation & the rest), partly because the ticket prices are much higher than before, & partly because of my personal circumstances. I have to prioritize and basketball tickets are a luxury that's
More difficult to afford. My situation is probably unusual but others probably have some similar issues, especially if the distance is significantly greater thus increasing the expenses for the trip.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
BluesBear said:

The school doesn't set the schedule. That's done by ESPN.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.