Heartland: Noah Boyed requests NLI release

2,285 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by IvanBear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2024/04/26/baylor-basketball-juco-commit-noah-boyed-requests-nli-release/

Does anyone think he will end up at Kentucky?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IvanBear
I hope this is a good sign Aidoo is for sure coming.
TWD 1974
IvanBear said:

Sure as h*** someone better be...
bear2be2
TWD 1974 said:

IvanBear said:

Sure as h*** someone better be...
We're going to get a second post. I wouldn't worry about that.

I was excited about Boyed's back-to-the-basket game, but he's not the level of athlete that we've had at the five in recent years.

I don't think we'll have too much trouble replacing him. I hope he finds another situation that works out for him. He had a rough go this past year with his injury.
IvanBear
This does highlight the need to land development transfers not just one and dones...
bear2be2
IvanBear said:

This does highlight the need to land development transfers not just one and dones...
At this point I've just accepted that we're content to rebuild our roster every year. We are a reload program by design.

It's not my preferred roster-building method, but it is what it is.
EasyE
bear2be2 said:

IvanBear said:

At this point I've just accepted that we're content to rebuild our roster every year. We are a reload program by design.

Unfortunately, with the current rules ALL programs are a rebuild program year to year.
bear2be2
EasyE said:

bear2be2 said:

IvanBear said:

Unfortunately, with the current rules ALL programs are a rebuild program year to year.
This is a common refrain, but it's not necessarily true.

NIL and the portal have certainly changed the game, but there are still programs that recruit, develop and commit to homegrown players.

That we've abandoned that method altogether since 2021 is a choice, not an inevitability.

We've actively pursued one-and-done freshmen and one-year transfers at the expense of continuity. There are still ways to keep continuity and development a part of your program. We just haven't utilized or prioritized those things.

That's a coach's choice and it's fine. But I get tired of people pretending that that's the only way to build a roster in 2024.

Houston and Gonzaga, the two most consistent tournament teams in America, have both managed to keep key players in their program for three, four and five years and return a strong nucleus every season. It can be done -- even while utilizing the portal and freshman recruiting as a supplementary tool.
Big12Fan2024
There was no plan for him to play or contribute in this upcoming basketball season. He was slated to redshirt just like Ndjonga did this year. He was considered a huge project with good potential. I'm not sure what the big deal is here.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Big12Fan2024 said:

There was no plan for him to play or contribute in this upcoming basketball season. He was slated to redshirt just like Ndjonga did this year. He was considered a huge project with good potential. I'm not sure what the big deal is here.
Is there a post here saying it's a big deal?
Big12Fan2024
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

I'll help you out. Look at the 3rd post, assuming you can read.

If you want to be a smartA to me, then I'll return the favor. If you want to be cordial then I will be cordial back.
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

If you want to be a smartA to me, then I'll return the favor. If you want to be cordial then I will be cordial back.
By my count my post is third. I never said losing Boyed was a big deal but did point out the obvious we needed another big. I'm not panicking, was just responding with failed humor at the surety we were landing Aidoo.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Big12Fan2024 said:

EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

Dude, just chill out.
TWD 1974
Noticing a report that Boyed is visiting University of Wisconsin this week. Has he been released from his LI ? I am getting the faint aroma of tampering on this one. Nothing tangible, just doesn't smell right.
EvilTroyAndAbed
TWD 1974 said:

Noticing a report that Boyed is visiting University of Wisconsin this week. Has he been released from his LI ? I am getting the faint aroma of tampering on this one. Nothing tangible, just doesn't smell right.

Everything on our end always seems to be quiet. I would assume we released him, but I don't pay enough attention to that stuff. Wisconsin would look pretty bad because this should be fairly easy to prove.
IvanBear
I don't think there was any tampering here, the guy saw he wouldn't get playtime. Having said that tampering is rampant and I'm almost positive we do some of it too considering Omier was a do not contact.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.