Off-season work at Foster Pavilion??

2,811 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Edmond Bear
BearlyBeloved
How long do you want to ignore this user?
During the season there was plenty of speculation that camera angles at FP would be adjusted during the off-season.

Now it's off-season. Is anything happening?

Any photographic proof?

Adriacus Peratuun
BearlyBeloved said:

During the season there was plenty of speculation that camera angles at FP would be adjusted during the off-season.

Any photographic proof?

JP1037
BearlyBeloved said:

Any photographic proof?

I have the same question.
Calrocks94
It seems like they're behind. They haven't done the full move-in yet so the Practice facility isn't finished. Also seems like taking forever I'm finishing the thought for the parking garage. It'll be interesting to see what kind of business is going on the first floor since there's retail space hopefully there's a sports bar they can go get a brew before the game
historian
Don't hold your breath on that one. It's Baylor and they are not going to do that.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
parch
I would say more important items of attention are things like bathrooms on the upper concourse and more readily available concessions to cut down on line length.
Heisman25g
I'm not sure what will be done, but I am 100% sure no matter what they do, ppl on here will complain. And there's also a decent chance it will be the same ppl who always complain about everything……
BearlyBeloved
Heisman25g said:

I'm not sure what will be done, but I am 100% sure no matter what they do, ppl on here will complain. And there's also a decent chance it will be the same ppl who always complain about everything……
Plus there will always be people who complain about the people who complain.
Heisman25g
You've got me there. Ppl who act entitled and never show any gratitude do get under my skin. I can't deny that
Calrocks94
So the parking garage is separate. It's owned by the city. Baylor has licensed to use it during sporting events and the retail space on the bottom isn't baylor own their their marketing it to everybody.
BearlyBeloved
Heisman25g said:

You've got me there. Ppl who act entitled and never show any gratitude do get under my skin. I can't deny that
:-)
historian
That makes a difference. The city might allow a bar to open there. Baylor might not like it but probably cannot stop it. Knowing Baylor, though, they might have insisted a clause in the contract banning booze within 1,000 feet of campus. Foster Pavilion is now part of campus.

Back in the day, when I was s student in the 1980s, Schlotsky's used to be across the street from campus on 8th Street. (I think it was at or near the Pizza Hut that's there now - my memory is rusty). Supposedly, Baylor insisted the city pass a resolution to ban alcohol being sold within a certain distance from campus, forcing Schlotzsky's to move. I don't know if this is really what happened but I believe it was possible then & is still possible now.
whitetrash
historian said:

That makes a difference. The city might allow a bar to open there. Baylor might not like it but probably cannot stop it. Knowing Baylor, though, they might have insisted a clause in the contract banning booze within 1,000 feet of campus. Foster Pavilion is now part of campus.

Back in the day, when I was s student in the 1980s, Schlotsky's used to be across the street from campus on 8th Street. (I think it was at or near the Pizza Hut that's there now - my memory is rusty). Supposedly, Baylor insisted the city pass a resolution to ban alcohol being sold within a certain distance from campus, forcing Schlotzsky's to move. I don't know if this is really what happened but I believe it was possible then & is still possible now.
Schlotzsky's was on 8th in the little commercial building next to Common Grounds & Heritage Creamery. They had 25 cent longnecks on Friday afternoons in the early 80s. I think the city ordinance was always in place (it was 500 feet buffer to a school), but nobody had measured that it was like 485 feet from the entrance to the Home Ec building next to Collins.

There was a similar issue when they built the Stripes/7-11 on Franklin at 26th. At the time, there was a charter or alternative school operating out of the old YWCA gym diagonally across the intersection. The school door was within 500 feet of the Stripes property line. The city had the developer subdivide the gas pumps into a separate lot from the convenience store, and then the convenience store property was >500 feet away and could sell beer.
historian
Thanks for the clarification. I remembered the basics but not the details.
Calrocks94
Well, they can sell booze for non-baylor event. The city has licensing to that.
Also, I'm telling you this you can't tell me if the top donors who are in the ultra fancy clubs don't have access to booth. I guarantee you they do.
LIB,MR BEARS
Where will the tarts be?
Where will the alcohol be?

Asking for a friend.
Shoe
parch said:

I would say more important items of attention are things like bathrooms on the upper concourse and more readily available concessions to cut down on line length.
Exactly, I would like to know the genius that didn't plan both for that area.
JP1037
parch said:

Hundreds of thousands watching on TV over the season.

Multi-task.

Fixing the camera angle is a matter of "want-to" not time to focus.

Baylor struggles at admitting mistakes. That's the bigger issue here I think.
Edmond Bear
Calrocks94 said:

It seems like they're behind. They haven't done the full move-in yet so the Practice facility isn't finished. Also seems like taking forever I'm finishing the thought for the parking garage. It'll be interesting to see what kind of business is going on the first floor since there's retail space hopefully there's a sports bar they can go get a brew before the game

Originally, move-in was scheduled for late July.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.