Big 12 -Our schedule pairings for the coming

1,992 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by historian
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
whitetrash
MBB is a 20 game 5 home/5 road/5 both schedule.

WBB is an 18 game 6 home/6 road/3 both schedule.

Expect 2-3 conference games before/during the Christmas break, especially for the men.
Adriacus Peratuun
whitetrash said:

MBB is a 20 game 5 home/5 road/5 both schedule.

WBB is an 18 game 6 home/6 road/3 both schedule.

Expect 2-3 conference games before/during the Christmas break, especially for the men.
Dumping the SEC/B12 Challenge opened up one game date.
That change means that they only need 1 extra game day for MBB.
historian
Didn't we also lose the Big 12 / Big East challenge? If so, that frees up another day. I kind of wish we still had one of those power conference crossover events. It's a good way to build the schedule against quality teams & Baylor usually did well in those games. We had the best record in the SEC challenge compared to all teams in both conferences.

Hopefully, Drew can get some good ooc games this season vs Big 10, ACC, SEC, etc. UConn will be a great game.
Big12Bear
No, we're playing UConn in the Big East Challenge.
Adriacus Peratuun
historian said:

Didn't we also lose the Big 12 / Big East challenge? If so, that frees up another day. I kind of wish we still had one of those power conference crossover events. It's a good way to build the schedule against quality teams & Baylor usually did well in those games. We had the best record in the SEC challenge compared to all teams in both conferences.

Hopefully, Drew can get some good ooc games this season vs Big 10, ACC, SEC, etc. UConn will be a great game.
https://www.bigeast.com/news/2024/4/25/mens-basketball-2024-big-12-big-east-battle-schedule-announced.aspx

and inasmuch as it falls in the first week of December, not a date "freed-up" for conference games anyway [due to the conference schedule date range].
historian
Thanks. I had forgotten. Maybe this is the last year of the challenge.
CST Bear
More conference games is great. This will probably mean our non con will be like 11 games and with the exception of U Conn (and holiday tourney), I expect it to be very watered down. Hopefully we'll know more soon
historian
I hope we have 1-2 additional quality games than just UConn & the tournament
Big12Bear
We're hosting Sam Houston on Nov 12th. Other than the tourney and UCONN, I haven't heard of any other games announced.
historian
Looks like we will play Gonzaga to open the season. That will be a great game.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Gonzaga game in Mexico. Somehow I missed that until this week.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.