Your all time favorite Bear

3,165 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by historian
Task Force 2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok,I select my friend Larry Gatewood who I went to high school with and then enjoyed his HOF career at Baylor.
fubar
JP1037 said:

Jared Butler

On the court he was almost unstoppable.

Off the court an amazing human being who was front and center with serving others and sharing his faith.

Lots of amazing players at Baylor I admire. But JB is tops.
Jared Butler. For the same reasons you've given here.

So glad he may have found a spot in DC.
DallasBear9902
For uniqueness, Lace Dunn. Just an ability to launch and hit shots from bizarre angles with form that would make every coach choke. Lots of great shooters in basketball history based on an amazing textbook form, then there are magicians with a basketball like Lace Dunn and Ray Allen. He reminds me of a favorite Ray Allen quote, who when asked why he his shot was a knuckle ball with no backspin, Allen simply responded "I'm not trying to hit the rim." (shooters are taught to put backspin on the ball so that it dies off the rim and drops into the hoop. )

From a purist standpoint, Adam Flagler. Just a young man that you would want your son or daughter to model their game, shooting stroke, work ethic and conduct after.
historian
IowaBear said:

Some talented Bears listed by yall!
Not familiar with a few of the names who were before my time.
I've heard Teagle mentioned by a ton of posters as being of the BU greats. Especially his shooting.
Best shooter I've been able to watch In a BU uniform was Heslip. I was always shocked when he missed a 3

Great point about Heslip. His 3 point shooting ability is what made that K State game so special. He missed several threes all game long then got the 3 point buzzer beater to take us to overtime which the Bears won handily. That game was epic.
historian
BearFan33 said:

Tough one

Anyone on the national championship team deserves special praise but for me I think Acy. Just so much fun to watch. Dude was always working and the dunkarama against UT was a special memory.

historian
SirBearALot said:

What was the greatest quote ?

Hands down:

historian
So many great choices and I'd be hard pressed to pick only one. As someone noted, ever player on the natty team deserves recognition. My personal favorites, with that caveat, are probably Mark Vital & Everyday Jon. The north were great athletes but also had amazing attitudes as well.
GoodOleBaylorLine
+1 on Acy. Loved his game at BU
Mitch Blood Green
Michael Tate
dave714
Vinnie Johnson
BUBradley
Pierre Jackson!
BluesBear
Aundre Branch Sr. year with Brian Skinner Fr year.....didn't win many games but sure exciting play....
NumberCruncher
It's a shame Vinnie Johnson's games were not televised
From an entertainment standpoint
Davion Mitchell
Pierre Jackson
Lace Dunn

Acey dunk fest on UT-Austin was awesome. Top ten on entertainment scale
historian
See above
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.