BU vs Arky on Nov 9

3,576 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by historian
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EvilTroyAndAbed
I would assume this means no Gonzaga? Or would Baylor be so bold to play both Zags and Hogs in the same week away from home?
EatMoreSalmon
If I go to this game, I will not be riding DART this time. Too slow getting there, too many riders who need some serious mental health intervention.
ABC BEAR
EatMoreSalmon said:

If I go to this game, I will not be riding DART this time. Too slow getting there, too many riders who need some serious mental health intervention.
"Cab driver, once more around the block. Never mind the ticking of the clock. Do - Do - De - Do - Do - Do - Do - De - Do."
Big12Bear
Can't wait to go to this one. When we played them there last time, it was a really fun, rowdy atmosphere. '07-'08 I think.

And it looks like we're playing the Zags 5 days prior in Vegas.

https://sicem365.com/baylor-basketball/schedule
Stefano DiMera
EatMoreSalmon said:

You've obviously not been to NYC or Chicago if you think DART is bad .

I rode train for 2 years about 15 years ago when gas was 4.50 a gallon with no problem.
Stefano DiMera
Please show up Baylor fans . Our attendance at these AAC games have been terrible lately..and the games at Ft. Worth..

I think Drew's dalliance with the Kentucky job was because of his frustration with support at these neutral site and road games in Texas.
BUCANDOIT82
I'm pretty sure it was because it's a legendary BBall schoo and it was a lot more money, but in the end he chose his family over himself and we Baylor fans are the beneficiaries.
BUBradley
What a schedule!

Arkansas, Gonzaga, UConn, St John's and Tennessee just in the non con!

historian
If I understand the November tournament schedule, we will play Tennessee or Virginia in the second game. I'm ok with either one. Both should be ranked and will be good for thhe resume.

Honestly, this year's schedule looks to be the best we have had since 2020-21.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
IowaBear
Highly unlikely VA won't be ranked. They've really fell off a cliff lately. Tenn lost Knecht who was the best player in CBB last season. They'll be down several notches. St Johns will be a tougher matchup than either of those 2
historian
Hog view of the matchup:

https://www.wholehogsports.com//news/2024/aug/23/report-arkansas-mens-basketball-to-face-baylor-during-opening-week-in-dallas/
historian
Another report of the matchup. I like how this article reviews the past to Baylor v Arky games, both win by our Bears and also mentions Drew's 2-1 record v Calipari when he was at Kentucky. In other words, Arky is the underdog.

https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/report-arkansas-to-play-baylor-in-2024-25-season
whiattsmith
When do y'all think the tickets will become available? I don't want to miss out on this!
fadskier
Stefano DiMera said:

Please show up Baylor fans . Our attendance at these AAC games have been terrible lately..and the games at Ft. Worth..

I think Drew's dalliance with the Kentucky job was because of his frustration with support at these neutral site and road games in Texas.
I've been to the Sioux Falls games but how will I get tickets for this in a Baylor section?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
JP1037
Big12Bear said:

Can't wait to go to this one. When we played them there last time, it was a really fun, rowdy atmosphere. '07-'08 I think.

Why does the schedule show the Zags in Cabo? Not Vegas?
Big12Bear
JP1037 said:

Big12Bear said:

Why does the schedule show the Zags in Cabo? Not Vegas?
It keeps getting moved. The latest location thrown out there is Mexico City. That'd definitely make Yormark happy.
fadskier
Will definitely go but I'm waiting for official announcement before I buy plane tickets. Also, when will the entire schedule be out?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
historian
Don't expect a full schedule for a few weeks. In recent years the trend has been to announce it in October. We might be lucky to see it by the end of this month but I don't expect that to happen.
Big12Bear
whiattsmith said:

When do y'all think the tickets will become available? I don't want to miss out on this!
They just became available to Foundation members thru 10/15.
whiattsmith
Thank you
historian
I was glad to be wrong! We got the full schedule for MBB & WBB in less than 2 weeks. Looks like a promising season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.