Story Poster
Photo by © Kevin Neri/Statesman
Baylor Basketball

Five-Star Wing Tounde Yessoufou Schedules Baylor Official Visit

August 27, 2024

Santa Maria (CA) St. Joseph wing Tounde Yessoufou‍ is set to take an official visit to Baylor this weekend. Yessoufou was offered by the Baylor staff in June and has maintained a strong relationship with the entire staff since then.

Baylor is far from his only official visit. He is reported to be taking official visits to Tennessee (September 13-14), UCONN (September 21-22), Kansas (October 4-5), Kentucky (October 11-12), UCLA (October 25-26) and Arizona State (November 2-3).

The 6-foot-5 wing averaged 32.3 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists, and 2.6 steals per game during his junior season. This past summer at Peach Jam, he averaged 21.8 points per game, solidifying his status as a top prospect in the class.

As a sophomore, he averaged 27.8 points and 10.7 rebounds, following a freshman season in which he averaged 26.4 points and 12.3 rebounds.

Yessoufou is a composite five-star prospect and a consensus top 28 prospect in the nation. His highest ranking is on On3, which has him ranked as the No. 11 overall prospect in the 2025 class.

Discussion from...

Five-Star Wing Tounde Yessoufou Schedules Baylor Official Visit

6,600 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by BearFan33
JP1037
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Impressive stats. Dude can score.
BearFan33
Dude is the full package. I hope he picks us and adds to the Joy!
gobears20
Staff
Gentle Ben
From a UK board...

"I feel like Baylor may be leading, but get him on campus and see if we can change that. The kid is very athletic and has a high motor."

"Why do you think Baylor?" "Trending that way per Trilly and Branham".

Cancelled UCLA and Tennessee visits.

Would be a huge get.
Big12Bear
He's down from 10 schools to 6.

BU
UK
KU
UCONN
USC
ASU
historian
I notice half of these are Big 12
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
gobears20
Staff
historian
Paywall
Are there any hints as to which two remain?
Big12Bear
He's narrowed it down to:

BU, ASU and USC.

He cancelled KU, UCONN and Kentucky visits.
IowaBear
Crazy! Would have guessed he cancelled USC and ASU.
Quinton
IowaBear said:

Was just about to ask about this. Az St looks like they're taking the BYU route, they're in on a lot of top players assuming that's related to NIL.

Does BU lead for him? Really like the fit
IowaBear
Kentucky seems to think he's ours to lose. Not sure that means much. I'd guess ASU and USC will throw a serious bag at him.
TWD 1974
IowaBear said:

Kentucky seems to think he's ours to lose. Not sure that means much. I'd guess ASU and USC will throw a serious bag at him.
I notice we have (or had) a visit from another SF. Is Dybantsa still a possibility as well?
IowaBear
I think we're still in the running for AJ. I know he's visited KSU and KU. And I'm fairly certain has a visit to BU planned
Big12Fan2024
IowaBear said:

Why would he cancel ASU? Their NIL group has apparently informed the agent whatever the highest offer he gets, they are willing to top it by $1 million. Little Hurley must really believe this guy is very special.
IowaBear
Well for 1 their program is absolute **** compared the schools he canceled visits too. And those programs aren't exactly lacking in NIL. Doubt he goes to ASU
Quinton
That's for sure the second school, Az St. Them and BYU are putting up huge money in bball.
Crawfoso1973
Big12Fan2024 said:

IowaBear said:

Why would he cancel ASU? Their NIL group has apparently informed the agent whatever the highest offer he gets, they are willing to top it by $1 million. Little Hurley must really believe this guy is very special.
These one-and-done types are not as motivated by NIL offers. The past several years Baylor has proven it gets its one-and-done guys the exposure they need to get drafted and getting their NBA coin.
historian
We have had NBA first rounders each of the last 4 years including 2 lottery picks, although not all were freshmen.
Big12Fan2024
IowaBear said:

Well for 1 their program is absolute **** compared the schools he canceled visits too. And those programs aren't exactly lacking in NIL. Doubt he goes to ASU
This ain't rah rah basketball any more and he ain't staying but 9 months. Why not collect a couple of million or more and he's set for life even before he gets to the league. Some of you guys are still stuck in ancient times where you think winning a national championship is the most important thing to a recruit. Newsflash -- it ain't. Its all about getting paid today and being in the league tomorrow when you're at his level.
Big12Fan2024
Crawfoso1973 said:

Big12Fan2024 said:

IowaBear said:

These one-and-done types are not as motivated by NIL offers. The past several years Baylor has proven it gets its one-and-done guys the exposure they need to get drafted and getting their NBA coin.

Yeah you are right. So how is it Rutgers ended up with a top 3 class and 2 of the top 7 recruits in the country? Try again.
IowaBear
You're right! Drew only gets recruits because of NIL. Dumbest take yet.
Drew has always recruited a certain type of personality. Just listen to what Edgecombe, Walter, Brown etc have said. They see BU as a culture fit for them. To some it's about more than just a bag. You're free to believe BU only gets recruits because we're outbidding everyone. .
TWD 1974
IowaBear said:

You're right! Drew only gets recruits because of NIL. Dumbest take yet.
Drew has always recruited a certain type of personality. Just listen to what Edgecombe, Walter, Brown etc have said. They see BU as a culture fit for them. To some it's about more than just a bag. You're free to believe BU only gets recruits because we're outbidding everyone. .
In my former life, I learned a few things working in a hyper competitive sales environment: there are deals you offer to a key client or customer; there are deals you offer to the customer of your dreams, there are deals you offer the guy who is going to sign with your competitor and you are fairly certain is going to use your offer to get a better deal from them. Some of the talk about unlimited NIL at various schools is (in my opinion) a hail mary to either land the player or force the winning school to blow their budget to keep him.

JP1037
Big12Fan2024 said:

IowaBear said:

This ain't rah rah basketball any more and he ain't staying but 9 months. Why not collect a couple of million or more and he's set for life even before he gets to the league. Some of you guys are still stuck in ancient times where you think winning a national championship is the most important thing to a recruit. Newsflash -- it ain't. Its all about getting paid today and being in the league tomorrow when you're at his level.
Its true some guys only care about money now and later. That is all that matters.

But some guys care about winning and culture and if the money is less (but in the ballpark) then they just assume they will cash in on the NBA later.

Big12Bear
He will announce his commitment on October 3rd.

Still down to BU, ASU and USC
BearFan33
We got him!

He scores at ease from all 3 levels
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.