anyone planning on going to Spokane?

1,808 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Chamberman
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like tickets go on sale in two weeks on the 18th. Would assume Zags season ticket holders will have first dibs. This is the closest game for me, so might try and make it work. Curious if anyone else is going to try and make it?
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
WA Jim
They are playing at the Spokane Arena - it holds a little over 12K - unlike the McCarthy Athletic Center (GU home court) which holds only about 6K. But while all the games are televised, the locals don't get to go to see them on their home court because it is sold out with season tickets. So, they will be snatching these up and it will be sold out. I think you will be able to get them second hand or get on it now. Would love to see a nice Baylor contingent here - if we get enough folks, we should to a pre game event.
TXBEAR_bf
You going to make it? I think we are going to pull daughter from school and go as a family. We did the Oregon game a couple of years ago and there was probably around 100 or so Baylor fans. Being a Monday is tough for sure. Just so rare to have them up in the PNW.
Chamberman
I'm thinking about it. Fly into Spokane Monday afternoon, go to the game, fly home early Tuesday morning.
TXBEAR_bf
Let me know if you make it, would be fun to have some sort of meet up prior to game. When I lived in Seattle we would have 50-60 for televised football games. No idea how many Bears are in Spokane, likely not many.
baylor1984
Flying into Seattle on Sunday afternoon and flying back out of Seattle on Thursday night. Going to make a little trip out of it. Got tickets for 78 dollars roundtrip. Checked bag was 114 roundtrip..
whitetrash
baylor1984 said:

Flying into Seattle on Sunday afternoon and flying back out of Seattle on Thursday night. Going to make a little trip out of it. Got tickets for 78 dollars roundtrip. Checked bag was 114 roundtrip..
Just confirming that is roughly equivalent to flying into DFW for a game in San Antonio.
TXBEAR_bf
Ya, Spokane is a bit of a haul from Seattle, but there are some cool spots along the way. I would do a little stop in Roslyn on the way there for a beer at the oldest bar in WA. On the way back a stop in Leavenworth would be great especially for fall colors if it stays on the warmer end the next several weeks. The 90 pass out of north bend can be dicey with a boat load of traffic on Friday/Sunday.
baylor1984
Yeah, I know. Quite a few sights along the way. Also plan to head up to Vancouver early Tuesday after the game on Monday night.
william
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggge!

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
One-Eyed Wheeler
Any word on tickets to the game yet?
One-Eyed Wheeler
Never mind, figured out they aren't on sale yet.
Killing Floor
Churchill's Steakhouse is for real if you go to Spokane.
william
ample arby's opportunities!!!

- kkm

go bears!
pro ecclesia, pro javelina
TXBEAR_bf
I spoke to the Arena on Friday. They are supposed to go on sale this Friday the 18th. Lady said it's a really unusual situation in that they have not posted a date yet. She also indicated that Zags season ticket holders were getting priority so they are going through that process. I'll post any more updates on this forum.
baylor1984
Don't understand why Baylor didn't get some kind of allotment for this game whether it was only a thousand or two thousand tickets. Guess I'll be trying to get them thru TicketsWest website Friday.
TXBEAR_bf
Agreed, doesn't sound like we got anything which blows for a supposed "neutral" site game. I feel like that needs to be part of the negotiation. Honestly, not sure how many Baylor fans would make that trip if there were tickets set aside. Maybe 100-150? Spokane is a tough place to get to, and there is not much there in the immediate area. Coeur D Alene is close, but the city of Spokane Itself is not that great. We are driving in from Bend, about 6 hours.
baylor1984
I'm driving from Seattle after flying out of DFW.
TXBEAR_bf
So website was finally adjusted to reflect on sale date/ time. Friday 10 am Pacific. Spoke to ticket office. Minimum price is $108, lowers are $180 and up, court side $500, so definitely not cheap. Sounds like a ton of demand already via Zags season ticket holders.

https://ticketswestinw.evenue.net/events/ARNZAG?_ga=2.260952335.349442530.1729091477-526443484.1704401050
historian
Have a great trip and make lots of noise for the Bears!

Sic 'em!!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Chamberman
Tickets available after the presale to Gonzaga fans are crap. Up high in the end zones.

I'll wait until Zag fans resale better seats on reseller sites.
TXBEAR_bf
I got tickets in Section 111, not terrible, but not as good as I was hoping for. Courtside came up but they were $450. For the Final yes, for pre-conference game no.
baylor1984
Got 2 in Section 202 row A.
randyrial
I am really thinking about going to Baylor vs. Gonzaga game! Is there a certain section that Baylor people are buying tickets in?
TXBEAR_bf
Should be a fun game. From what I understand after talking to BB Foundation and Alumni group, there were no "Baylor" tickets provided. Likely will be a hodge podge of Bears fans, but still worth going in my opinion. Seattle alumni group is doing a meet up at Victory burger pre-game. I can post more details once they send them out. Not sure if there is any other meet up planned. It will obviously be a heavy Zag fan attendance, but having Bear fans travel is always a big win for the program. IMO it's the only thing we do a terrible job with for Basketball. We have a winning program, great kids, great coaches, great home atmosphere finally, but our road support is not good.
Chamberman
I snagged S 104 Row AA for below $200
TXBEAR_bf
That's a hell of a deal, what site did you pick them up on?
Chamberman
SeatGeek, it was a solo ticket. Just coming by myself. Singles sometimes will be priced less.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.