Big 12 TV and times

976 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by historian
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://big12sports.com/documents/2024/10/9//TV_Schedule_Release_PDF.pdf?id=7552
MashedPotatoes
We play at Arizona at 10 pm CT. Might be watching the replay.
Big12Bear
Our opener at Gonzaga starts at 10:30 Central
gobears20
Staff
Gonna have to drink those energy drinks
whitetrash
MashedPotatoes said:

Times listed were EST. So tipoff will be 9pm local. Only good thing from that is that we'll have time to go eat something other than a hotdog before the game.
Big12Bear
whitetrash said:

MashedPotatoes said:

Times listed were EST. So tipoff will be 9pm local. Only good thing from that is that we'll have time to go eat something other than a hotdog before the game.
Think he's talking about the road game at Zona, not the late home tip at 9.

The Baylor site has it starting even later than the press release - 10:30pm CST tipoff in Tucson for ESPN.
historian
MashedPotatoes said:

The document says 11:00 pm. That is insane!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Several late games. Too late for some, especially for weeknights.

Surprising that the Gonzaga & Arky games are not listed.
bradbear28
Arkansas has on their schedule that the Baylor versus Arkansas game in Dallas is at 6:30 PM on ESPNU!!!
Go Bears.
Big12Fan2024
Huge Yormark fan but this is where he could learn from Greg Sankey and all the prior SEC commishes. Kansas, Houston, Baylor, Iowa St and Arizona should never play a conference game on ESPN+. All games should be on network TV. The SEC commishes have always made sure the top programs appear on national TV networks so everyone across the country can see them and make it look like the conference is completely deep, and it sticks the under competitive programs on regional networks and streaming so they are not exposed. Yeah those schools b itched to the SEC commisioner but Mike Slive and now Sankey told them to go to the corner and shut up because it was the commissioner's job to make the product sales worthy to the masses.

If you want to sell the Big 12 product to someone in Brooklyn or Minneapolis or Seattle or Miami, you need to put Kansas, Houston, Baylor, Iowa St and Arizona in front of them on national networks any night you can and you will catch their attention.
historian
I agree that those games should get more exposure. It's also possible that Yormark doesn't have that much leverage with ESPN. I'm only speculating but there are a limited amount of national slots and there are a lot of those games.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.