Big 12 mollifying the Midwestern schools with Kansas City

7,287 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Banned BarleyMcDougal
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The attendance depends on who is left at the end and what teams progressed through the tournament.

Kansas City is a home game basically for KU.
OKC is basically a home game for OSU and OU. However, there is no bandwagon fans left watching those teams play.

I would like to see OKC try to take the basketball tournament in a few years for a year or two. The arena is NBA quality and the downtown parks, hotel and convention center will be finished by 2023. The tournament is a fun event and would be better with more fans from Texas being able to spend that cash.
BaylorOkie
I think KU would still travel well to OKC. It would host very well.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Jack Hilton said:

Media Bear said:

Jack Hilton said:

Well, ISU is one of just three Big 12 schools in the prestigious AAU. Incidentally, the digital computer was invented at ISU. So yeah, good academics and great attendance for athletics. ISU & KU and to a lesser extent KSU make sure the Big 12 tourney is a full house. Just reality
I hear that the city of Ames has some damned good water too ...
Ridiculous song, but meanwhile KC rightly remains the home of the Big 12 tourney and Baylor continues to plan it's mid-major sized gym. Congrats on one thing though, after spending millions of dollars Baylor will have the smallest arena in the P5.
Yeah, if I was completely beat down by facts, I'd probably take this approach as well.

If only Baylor was a paragon of great academic heights like Iowa State and its 88% (FACT) acceptance rate, we too might be able to build a half-educated mass of farmers to fill our arena. Ya know what...I don't think I want my alma mater to be a diploma mill. We even have a more distinguished history in EVERY sport outside of wrestling than Iowa State. So there's that. I think we're doing ok.
bear2be2
Jack Hilton said:

Media Bear said:

Jack Hilton said:

Well, ISU is one of just three Big 12 schools in the prestigious AAU. Incidentally, the digital computer was invented at ISU. So yeah, good academics and great attendance for athletics. ISU & KU and to a lesser extent KSU make sure the Big 12 tourney is a full house. Just reality
I hear that the city of Ames has some damned good water too ...
Ridiculous song, but meanwhile KC rightly remains the home of the Big 12 tourney and Baylor continues to plan it's mid-major sized gym. Congrats on one thing though, after spending millions of dollars Baylor will have the smallest arena in the P5.
And we'll be kicking your cyclone asses there, too, just like we have at the Ferrell Center each of the past six years ... and four of the last five years in Ames for that matter.

Congrats on your win yesterday. Your team played well. Now go away.
BaylorOkie
The moderators will be by shortly to clean up the trash.

Edit: thank you.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
BTW, San Antonio would be a great spot for the basketball tournament as well.
whitetrash
BarleyMcDougal said:

Except that AT&T Center (which is a fine facility) sits by itself several miles out from the Riverwalk in the middle of a sketchy neighborhood.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
whitetrash said:

BarleyMcDougal said:

Except that AT&T Center (which is a fine facility) sits by itself several miles out from the Riverwalk in the middle of a sketchy neighborhood.
Shuttles, Uber, the scoots...all viable options to go 10 minutes away.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.