LeBron/Lakers Playoff Thread

12,326 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorBears_254
xiledinok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New Orleans needed Kuzma for it to be an equal trade.
NBA ratings will benefit.
Dia del DougO
Bron building another dream around him team to prove he's the real GOAT.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
FormerFlash
xiledinok said:

New Orleans needed Kuzma for it to be an equal trade.
NBA ratings will benefit.
The Pelicans got more for one player than any previous trade in the history of the league. I think they did okay.
xiledinok
Ingram and Hart are still prospects. They don't move too many NBA fans.
BaylorBears_254
LA crushed this trade. Magic's dumbass originally put up literally everyone, LA got away with keeping one of the 4 guys, and thats big.

Leonard on the way next.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

LA crushed this trade. Magic's dumbass originally put up literally everyone, LA got away with keeping one of the 4 guys, and thats big.

Leonard on the way next.
The Lakers got absolutely fleeced on this trade. The Pelicans bent them over a barrel, then told them 'we're not waiting until July 30th so you can sign another max contract', then they ram-rodded them for a load of picks, including auto swap pics in the years immediately following Lebron's departure when they'll likely be trying to rebuild.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
BaylorBears_254
trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Leonard on the way next.
The Lakers got absolutely fleeced on this trade. The Pelicans bent them over a barrel, then told them 'we're not waiting until July 30th so you can sign another max contract', then they ram-rodded them for a load of picks, including auto swap pics in the years immediately following Lebron's departure when they'll likely be trying to rebuild.

I just highly doubt LA made this trade without that being discussed or having a plan on what they want to do.

David Griffin isn't Dell demps. He's well respected.

LA probably said if we strike out on our top guys, we can get this done July 6th, if not let's wait it out. Thats most likely why they have the pick swaps in the future
FormerFlash
LA basically gave up everything. David Griffin is the best GM in the league and it showed in this transaction. Pelinka desperately needed a "win" and they had to show Lebron they'd go all in while he's still in his prime. Being the Lakers, they have the luxury of being able to give up massive amounts of future draft value and know they'll likely be able to attract free agents to win. For most teams this would be an abysmal trade failure. LA can pull it off because they now have 2 top 5 players, something no other team can boast, and they'll always be an attractive free agent destination.

Now the question is, will they be smart enough to use their remaining $23 million in cap space to pursue solid role players so they have an actual chance at winning or will they squander it all on a third star, something I think would be a massive mistake. They need to sign several key pieces to really field a complete team. Adding Kyrie or Leonard or Kemba would be a mistake. Grab a guy like Patrick Beverly. A bull dog defensive minded PG they can afford. Can they get a guy like JJ Reddick on a reasonable contract to add a solid vet who's a knock down shooter? They need to be looking for value, not star power.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Leonard on the way next.

I just highly doubt LA made this trade without that being discussed or having a plan on what they want to do.

LA probably said if we strike out on our top guys, we can get this done July 6th, if not let's wait it out. Thats most likely why they have the pick swaps in the future
Except that NOLA has no contractual or moral obligation to not get the deal done by July 6. Why give the Lakers the opportunity.

Why would AD waive his trade bonus??

If he doesn't, the Lakers have $23mm to formulate the rest of a team. Then when Lebron is tired and hangs up the shoes, they'll be without picks in order to rebuild. And they'll be terrible at the same time. This trade is more lopsided than Celtics/Nets that damn near killed the Nets franchise.
FormerFlash
trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Leonard on the way next.

Except that NOLA has no contractual or moral obligation to not get the deal done by July 6. Why give the Lakers the opportunity.

If he doesn't, the Lakers have $23mm to formulate the rest of a team. Then when Lebron is tired and hangs up the shoes, they'll be without picks in order to rebuild. And they'll be terrible at the same time. This trade is more lopsided than Celtics/Nets that damn near killed the Nets franchise.
The big difference there is the Nets took on a bunch of old guys where as AD is 26. Also, Prokorhov suddenly decided he cared about spending way over the cap and backed off his strategy. I get what you're saying, but their were some big differences between the two trades.
trey3216
FormerFlash said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Leonard on the way next.

The big difference there is the Nets took on a bunch of old guys where as AD is 26. Also, Prokorhov suddenly decided he cared about spending way over the cap and backed off his strategy. I get what you're saying, but their were some big differences between the two trades.
No doubt there were. Was just saying that the loss of draft picks down the line is going to really bite the Lakers, and I think sooner than later.
BaylorBears_254
trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

trey3216 said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Leonard on the way next.

No WHERE near the Nets/Boston trade. AD is a 26 yr old SUPERSTAR. And like i said, we'll have to see, i just find it hard that all of this was agreed upon without knowing this.

Ad works with Rich Paul who works with Bron, I'm more than positive they're discussing a way to get a 3rd guy there.

We'll see, even if they dont get a 3rd guy, having Bron and AD with a better built team this year is better than nothing. The NBA is way more than wide open at this point now.

BaylorBears_254
Idk Flash, I dont think adding Leonard or Kyrie is making a bad move.
Having those two along with AD kind of solidifies your future even after Bron.

If it is 23m that they have to work with then Im more than confident they'll put together a roster than is a championship contender
BaylorBears_254
Idk...LA is so attractive to free agents no matter what. And now that you have AD, it improves those chances even more.
xiledinok
LA got AD, and kept the young player worth keeping.
Now, they have another max money slot and can add ring chasers.

Great trade for SW Division. Zion, Holiday, Ball and the 4th pick looks like last place.
BaylorBears_254
Well i'll be damned....Them damn Celtics are following apart as we speak!

Cavs won the trade lmao
trey3216
Don't worry bro, Lakers are just getting started.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27005071/sources-lakers-hustling-create-max-salary-slot
BaylorBears_254
Came by to say...Cavs won the trade.

Free Agency this Sunday! Boy am i excited
Fozzie
BaylorBears_254
You check the news yet? I think LA just hustled their way to the max cap space lmao.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

You check the news yet? I think LA just hustled their way to the max cap space lmao.
Just saw it. Looks like they'll have a good time rounding that roster out.
BaylorBears_254
Great, Leonard gonna look great next to Bron and AD. Would be the best trio to ever take the court together.
trey3216
BaylorBears_254 said:

Great, Leonard gonna look great next to Bron and AD. Would be the best trio to ever take the court together.
No doubt. We shall see come Sunday
FormerFlash
Unless he's scared off from doing this by KD's injury, Leonard likely signs a 1 and 1 with Toronto. He can then take a shot at repeating with them and hit the open market next season when he'll be far and away the biggest prize on the market. It'll also given him a chance to see what the league looks like next season after all the dust settles from this free agency bonanza/top heavy draft.
BaylorBears_254
Imagine being Boston and gutting the Nets organization years ago to only have the Nets come back with revenge and take your starting point guard in Irving, with also a strong possibility of getting Durant as well....NETS WON THE TRADE!!

Fozzie
Celtics will get the last laugh. Kemba is a much better fit than Kyrie.
BaylorBears_254
Ehh maybe next season, until Durant recovers, then its goodnight for the Celtics.

Im just excited all around for the moves.

Kembas a great fit but you also lose Horford. Do you go after Capela? If so what are you giving up tho?
BaylorBears_254
Damn, Nets won in the end of that Boston trade lmao.

Pretty much getting KD, Kyrie and D Jordan.

Ashley Hodge
Staff
BaylorBears_254
Ashley Hodge said:

Lmao i feel so bad for the Knicks. I just don't know how they continue to fail like this.

Stephen A Smith is going to be HILARIOUS tomorrow morning
FormerFlash
BaylorBears_254 said:

Ashley Hodge said:

Stephen A Smith is going to be UNBEARABLE tomorrow morning, like he always is.
FIFY
BaylorOkie
I don't know where to put this so I'll leave it here because it's freaking funny.

BaylorBears_254
Lmao he was doin that already
BaylorBears_254
Question...Are we doing a Pt 3 to this thread Roughneck and Fozzie lmao?

Promise to just post more this time around
Fozzie
BaylorBears_254 said:

Question...Are we doing a Pt 3 to this thread Roughneck and Fozzie lmao?

Promise to just post more this time around
I'll be there to watch this clown show. Unibrow is great but I don't expect this to work. Borderline playoff team.

Jazz
Blazers
Clippers
Nuggets
Rockets
Warriors
Spurs

are locks

Lakers, Kings, Mavs, Pelicans fighting it out for last spot

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.