Grades for every MBB team

2,101 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jdrs
Ashley Hodge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://amp.si.com/college-basketball/2019/04/16/ncaa-acc-big-ten-sec-duke-virginia-kentucky-final-grades?

Baylor an A in my book based on this criteria but solid overall job
jdrs
OU doesn't deserve the same rating as we do.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
yeah Baylor should be an A and OU should be a B+

pre-season rankings

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211776387
Yankee Bear
TMZ could have produced a more well articulated article. That said, I agree that Baylor deserved to be an A based on the criteria they used of over-achievement.
historian
Easily Baylor was better than OU, and not just because we swept them in conference play. I would have thought Iowa State would get a better grade as well. Winning the Big 12 Tournament should count for something.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
historian said:

Easily Baylor was better than OU, and not just because we swept them in conference play. I would have thought Iowa State would get a better grade as well. Winning the Big 12 Tournament should count for something.
yes, picked 6th preseason. Probably a solid B+.
Media Bear
B+ is a fair grade for Baylor. Despite the coaching job Scott Drew did and the players willingness and ability to buy-in to quick adjustments, the Bears -- who once stared disaster in the face after losing Tristan Clark for the year -- did go into a late season slump of sorts that extended into the Big XII tournament.

Beating Syracuse in the first round of the NCAAs helped offset that slump and really sent the Bears out on a positive note as they fell to a clearly superior (though beatable) Gonzaga club. All of that said, Oklahoma hardly deserves the same B+ that Baylor got -- the Bears should be the only Big XII team to earn that grade.

Sure, Iowa State caught fire at just the right time, but that team was SUPPOSED to be at least solid this year (especially after landing Shayok through the transfer portal from Virginia). I didn't see them as quite the "overachiever" that SI did -- and they did lose to an underwhelming Ohio State team in the first round of the Big Dance), while the Bears were seen as being a bit on the struggle bus while in a rebuilding mode. Give the Cyclone Birds a solid B, I say (actually SI did) ...

Texas Tech: A+ (Played for the Natty. Went OT. Could've won the thing had the cards fell right. Hell of a season).
Baylor: B+
Kansas State: B
Iowa State: B
Kansas: B (they still won 26 games and got to the Round of 32, despite an abnormally off year).
Oklahoma: B-
Texas: C+ (NIT anything doesn't deserve above anything A or B)
TCU: C
Oklahoma State: D+
West Virginia: D
jdrs
Your rankings are much better. Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.