NBA Trivia Question

1,805 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TechDawgMc
TechDawgMc
How long do you want to ignore this user?

No looking up the answer, best guess. If you look at the list of most missed shots in NBA playoff history, how far down the list do you have to go to find a player who won't eventually end up in the Hall of Fame -- and who is that player?

(was looking up something else and just though this was interesting).
No Longer Gold
yep, oops...much tougher question.

is Tony Parker a hall of famer/potential? Kevin Johnson? Tim Hardaway? Gotta be borderline.
BaylorOkie
Someone who will not end up eventually in the Hall of Fame. I'm just going to take a stab at this. I recently heard that Derek Fisher played the most playoff games in history, so I'll throw his name out there as a shot in the dark.
xiledinok
I'l throw out Robert Horry for a longshot. It's a tough question and it seems to not be the obvious.

Okie, that is a good one to pick.
No Longer Gold
xiledinok said:

I'l throw out Robert Horry for a longshot. .

That would have been my next name....will smith (oops) played for a bunch of teams, bunch of playoff games, and was wildly successful, as well as wildly inconsistent.
TechDawgMc
Hoary is 62 and Fischer is 51. Depending on what you think about Billups and Wallace, they're probably the two highest other than the guy I'm thinking won't get in. He's just a tad higher.
TechDawgMc
DubDub said:

yep, oops...much tougher question.

is Tony Parker a hall of famer/potential? Kevin Johnson? Tim Hardaway? Gotta be borderline.
I made the assumption that Parker would be in (he's actually 7th on the list). The various writers I've seen talk about it all seem to think Parker is a lock (though maybe not a first ballot lock). If I'm wrong about Parker being in, then he'd easily be the answer.

Johnson is in the 80s, Hardaway well over 200.
TechDawgMc
xiledinok said:

I'l throw out Robert Horry for a longshot. It's a tough question and it seems to not be the obvious.

Okie, that is a good one to pick.
It is a tough question. I never would have come up with the name.

I use the missed shots stat to make a point about failure being part of success. The top of this list is a who's who of basketball greats. And it would be tough to break into the top 30 without being a hall of famer.
MrGolfguy
Vinnie Johnson
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
TechDawgMc
Vinnie's Around 100 or so I think

Since it's be pretty amazing if someone guessed though there have been a couple of good guesses I'll share the answer

Drumroll

It's Rip Hamilton at #33.

The truth is you have to be good to miss a lot of shots in the NBA
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.