Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

BREAKING: Baylor MBB lands Langston Love, a top 25 prospect in the '21 class

July 15, 2020

Scott Drew and Baylor on Wednesday picked up their first commitment in the 2021 class as Montverde (Fla.) Academy four-star shooting guard Langston Love‍ pledged to the Bears.

The 6-foot-4, 190-pound Love is ranked No. 22 in ESPN’s national top 100 list. He chose Baylor over offers from Texas, Kansas, Stanford, Texas A&M, Villanova, UCLA and others. Love is the highest-ranked player to commit to Baylor since Isaiah Austin (No. 3) in 2012.

A San Antonio native, Love transferred to Monteverde last fall and played for a team that included Cade Cunningham, an Oklahoma State signee and the No. 1 overall prospect in the 2020 class; and also consensus top-five recruit Scottie Barnes (Florida State). Still, Love averaged 23.1 points, 7.8 rebounds, 2.5 asssists and 1.5 steals per game on a squad that went 25-0 and was widely considered the best basketball team in the country.

Baylor was the first school to offer Love a scholarship back in September of 2018, which he said played a role in his decision.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor MBB lands Langston Love, a top 25 prospect in the '21 class

8,809 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BUbackerinET
chorne68
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic news...maybe we will gave the best guards in college basketball for years to come.
BUbackerinET
Very nice! Now let's add a big and a couple more pieces, and giterdone!
Iron Claw
Any relation to Stargell?
FKA tri it
gobears20
Staff
BearFan33
He looks college ready. Excited to see what he can do!
rudylaw
What an unbelievable week!
The Banterer
This guy looks like he can really shoot, and has credible enough handles to keep guys from locking him down on the perimeter. Agree with BearFan33, I think Love will have an immediate impact.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
Iron Claw said:

no
Ashley Hodge
Staff
The Banterer said:

This guy looks like he can really shoot, and has credible enough handles to keep guys from locking him down on the perimeter. Agree with BearFan33, I think Love will have an immediate impact.
he's the real deal. I haven't seen Sochan and Brown play live but I've watched Love a handful of times in the Nike EYBL competition. I wanted him more than any player I saw in his class. His demeanor, character, size, athleticism, scoring ability, defense... I think he's going to be a star.
Chamberman
Ashley Hodge said:

Iron Claw said:

no
What about Kevin, Davis, or Buddy?
BUbackerinET
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.