Story Poster
Baylor Basketball

Gameday Thread: #2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) vs TCU (9-3; 2-2)

January 7, 2021

#2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) travels to Fort Worth to take on the Horned Frogs (9-3; 2-2) Saturday January 9th at 2pm CST.  The game will be televised on ESPN.  

KenPom Prediction:  Baylor 79 TCU 66

Coaches

TCU:  Jamie Dixon (55); 421-183 (93-60 at TCU); 12 NCAAs; 3 Sweet 16s; 1 Elite 8

Baylor:  Scott Drew (50); 374-222 overall (354-211 at Baylor); 8 NCAAs; 4 Sweet 16s; 2 Elite 8s

Head to Head:  4-4

TCU Starters

Name Pos Class Ht/Wt PPG RPG APG FG% 3pt% FT%
Mike Miles PG FR 6-1/195 13.6 3.2 3.4 44 40 81
RJ Nembhard SG JR 6-5/200 18.2 4.1 4.6 49 38 78
PJ Fuller SF SO 6-4/175 6.6 1.8 1.5 50 41 67
Kevin Easley PF SO 6-7/225 6.3 4.4 1.5 39 29 77
Kevin Samuel C JR 6-11/255 10.0 9.3 0.8 66 0 45

TCU Bench

Chuck O’Bannon F JR 6-6/215 6.2 4.0 0.5 40 37 67
Francisco Farabello G SO 6-3/180 5.8 1.9 2.5 42 45 20
Taryn Todd G FR 6-5/180 5.0 1.2 1.3 42 39 46
Jaedon Ledee F JR 6-9/240 4.7 3.1 0.4 50 0 56

Baylor Starters

Davion Mitchell PG JR 6-2/205 11.6 3.2 6.4 54 45 71
Jared Butler SG JR 6-3/195 15.2 3.0 5.5 47 42 81
MaCio Teague SF SR 6-4/195 16.0 4.4 1.4 49 41 84
Mark Vital PF SR 6-5/240 4.8 5.2 1.7 40 0 43
Flo Thamba C JR 6-10/245 4.3 4.7 0.2 71 0 54

Baylor Bench

Adam Flagler G SO 6-3/180 11.4 1.8 2.0 53 45 87
Jon Tchamwa F SO 6-8/245 9.5 7.6 0.3 66 0 79
Matt Mayer F JR 6-9/225 10.0 3.8 1.2 54 48 68
LJ Cryer G FR 6-1/185 7.3 1.0 1.6 46 45 67

Discussion from...

Gameday Thread: #2 Baylor (10-0; 3-0) vs TCU (9-3; 2-2)

18,317 Views | 200 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by vanillabryce
IowaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Foul discrepancy is eye opening
vanillabryce
Vital bailing Miles out on a ****ty shot
vanillabryce
Unbelievable
DanaDane
We're actually trailing at the half at TCU. Good grief.
BellCountyBear
We are gonna lose.
IowaBear
Wow lol KAu mauled this team to death and we're going to be lucky to escape with a W
BearFan33
Oh ffs
IowaBear
Anyone who still thinks this team is going 18-0 in conference needs to put down the pipe. I'll be happy with 13-5. Just know killer instinct in this team. They just go through the motions
Johnny Bear
Well that figures.
jdrs
Well that last basket kinda summed up the whole first half.
Wichitabear
I wish we could shoot! We just look awful.
IowaBear
Wichitabear said:

It's not even that we're missing that bugs me. It's that we're missing WIDE open uncontested 3s at an alarming clip.
True Grit
Our poor play against ISU has nothing on that half... yuck! Fouls, rebounding, turnovers, standing around, missed shots...
DanaDane
IowaBear said:

Anyone who still thinks this team is going 18-0 in conference needs to put down the pipe. I'll be happy with 13-5. Just know killer instinct in this team. They just go through the motions
It may change by early Feb, but Texas has looked better than us in every conference game they've played except we both looked margin against ISU.
IowaBear
Nothing from Teague/Mitchell/Flagler/Vital. Hard pressed to win when everyone but Butler decides to take the day off
Wichitabear
IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

It's not even that we're missing that bugs me. It's that we're missing WIDE open uncontested 3s at an alarming clip.
why? Why? Why? We do not look like the number 2 team in the nation.
historian
Terrible way to end the half.

They need to come back firing in all cylinders.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Stefano DiMera
Calm down...no one thinks were going 18-0..this isnt the West Coast Athletic conference or whatever thst thing Gonzaga plays in.

And quit using comparatives scores. What TCU did against Kansas has no bearing on today.
Wichitabear
DanaDane said:

IowaBear said:

It may change by early Feb, but Texas has looked better than us in every conference game they've played.
I hate that worse than anything!
IowaBear
Wichitabear said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

Right now Gonzaga would run BU off the court. Maybe we need an L to wake this team up
DanaDane
Wichitabear said:

DanaDane said:

IowaBear said:

It may change by early Feb, but Texas has looked better than us in every conference game they've played.
I hate that worse than anything!
I modified to say we both looked marginal against ISU, but it's still very true. This team looks lost on offense for long spurts and if it were just one game, then no big deal. But, it isn't. D is fine.
Wichitabear
IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

IowaBear said:

Wichitabear said:

Right now Gonzaga would run BU off the court. Maybe we need an L to wake this team up
yep.
gobears20
Staff
Hope we get Mayer even more involved in the second half. He is a matchup nightmare
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Calm down...no one thinks were going 18-0..this isnt the West Coast Athletic conference or whatever thst thing Gonzaga plays in.

And quit using comparatives scores. What TCU did against Kansas has no bearing on today.

Actually several on this board thought we could go 18-0. I am calm. Not worked up at all. It does have a bearing. It shows that TCU isn't good. I' guarantee you they finish 8-10 at best in conference.
StatMan
I'm absolutely shocked Baylor made just one 3-point basket in the 1st Half, and scored just 27 points. Baylor played down to TCU's level in the first 20 minutes. A change of baskets hopefully will help Baylor's fortunes in the 2nd Half. Very disappointing to see TCU with a 9-rebound advantage over Baylor. A very lucky 60-foot buzzer beater 3-point shot just before halftime. Baylor does have the edge in FG %. No way Baylor scores less than 30 points in the 2nd Half. Baylor is overdue for at least 1 scoring run. Too soon for Baylor basketball fans to panic. Jared Butler needs 3 or 4 of his teammates to step up and help with scoring in the 2nd Half. Let's Go, Baylor Bears!
Stefano DiMera
No...this veteran team doesnt need a L to wake them up...you guys are really cracking me up with the sky is falling posts..expecting us to blow out everyone in the first half .
Johnny Bear
Time to wake up in the second half.
KIA
11-5 difference in personal fouls. 1 of 10 from 3. Outrebounded 21-12. And we are down 1 after a 3/4 court shot. I like our chances to win this one. It was certainly a dud of a first half.
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

No...this veteran team doesnt need a L to wake them up...you guys are really cracking me up with the sky is falling posts..expecting us to blow out everyone in the first half .

Who said the sky is falling? No one! This veteran team thinks they can just show up and win. Same thing against ISU. An L wouldn't be the worst thing for their egos
Johnny Bear
DanaDane said:

IowaBear said:

It may change by early Feb, but Texas has looked better than us in every conference game they've played except we both looked margin against ISU.

Yes, it's obviously early, but it's huge already that UT has road wins at both Lawrence and at Morgantown. And it's true so far in conference they've looked better than us.
DanaDane
IowaBear said:

Who said the sky is falling? No one! This veteran team thinks they can just show up and win. Same thing against ISU. An L wouldn't be the worst thing for their egos
Don't waste your time with that guy. The only time he shows up in game threads is AFTER something's happened so he can scold everyone.
Stefano DiMera
Youre making my case..you realize 7-11 or 8-10 is prob a 9 seed in the NCAA because were the #1 conference?
IowaBear
Stefano DiMera said:

Youre making my case..you realize 7-11 or 8-10 is prob a 9 seed in the NCAA because were the #1 conference?

Better then the B10? That's debatable. 8 or 9 seed in years past. Different scenario this year with limited OC games.
Wichitabear
Stefano DiMera said:

I don't think anyone said that we expected them to blow TCU out in the first half. Lolol It would be nice though. I just want them to start shooting better.
Johnny Bear
Another missed open three

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.