Blackwell to BU

9,370 Views | 61 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Chibears2
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lynnp550 said:

"So, where did you go to school?"

"Um, Jerusalem-on-the-Brazos. And you?"

Are we the Jews or the Muslims??
blackie
WacoKelly83 said:

Lynnp550 said:

Are we the Jews or the Muslims??
Don't know, but we excel with what we have. Some people want to go to school in a congested mess as in the middle of Austin, some don't.....many don't. It pertains not only to students, student athletes, and coaches....and probably professors as well. The question those down south should ask is not how Baylor attracts good athletes, but why UT is not attractive to those same players, and when they do get them, why they fail to do much with them.

Football should be the shining example. With all the 4 and 5 stars they get, they haven't won a championship in almost two decades and have gone through coaches right and left. The good one they had (Brown) didn't take them to the next level so he needed to go Those that came after got them to another level, just not the one they thought they were entitled to have just because of who they were.
BUVA
Lynnp550 said:

When I was at BU in the early 70s, one of the most popular car decals sold in the bookstore was THEE UNIVERSITY. Had one on my car!
DanaDane
Highly impressive job by Collen and staff with the portal. I'm not sure you could have asked for any better.

As far as Reese, no chance. She's been fairly vocal in her dislike of anything Baylor.
IowaBear
Has she stated why?
Lynnp550
DanaDane said:

Highly impressive job by Collen and staff with the portal. I'm not sure you could have asked for any better.

As far as Reese, no chance. She's been fairly vocal in her dislike of anything Baylor.
Did she post negative stuff about Baylor? If so, what did she not like?

Personally, I am delighted with our team as it is right now.
Brian Ethridge
GelaBear
Okay Brian, use your words. Valid question about Angel Reese and I too am delighted with the current team.
blueeyedbear
DanaDane said:

Give us a quote from her - date and time - I can't find anything - don't just throw something out there with no supporting collaboration.
Dcheetah
Not true. I'd like to see any recent post supporting this.
Old.quotes don't matter.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Not true. I'd like to see any recent post supporting this.
Old.quotes don't matter.

Yep
74Bear
Ashley Hodge seems to think we have some sort of chance. Check his post under Transfer Portal.
On 4/30 he said "keep your eye on Angel Reese"
itsjuzme
blueeyedbear said:

DanaDane said:

Give us a quote from her - date and time - I can't find anything - don't just throw something out there with no supporting collaboration.

I also have seen nothing where Angel Reese speaks negatively of Baylor. In fact, I haven't seen her mention us at all.
slimecap

May 2. 2022
WacoKelly83
I hate to get my hopes up. When it comes to recruiting, that is.
ScottS
Will DanaDane return to comment?
blueeyedbear
DanaDane said:

OK let's look at this logically and chronically
1. Her High School Senior year Kim was Baylor WBB basketball coach then - Griner's book was out - Baylor was in her top 5 so obviously she had no issues with BU at that time.
2. Three years later Kim leaves Baylor for LSU. Nicki Collen is hired as new BU WBB HC
3. Reese enter Transfer Portal as a highly ranked transfer prospect.
4. So if you are right then something happened in the year since Kim left BU to sour her opinion on BU WBB.
5. What could have happened ?
6. AP and I post about negative recruiting tactics being used against BU. We are chastised by "knowledgeable posters" This is the time frame when she would have posted her supposed derogatory, unflattering, dislike for BU - I cannot find any, Decheetah cannot find any and Decheetah is all over social media posts by recruits.
7. LSU Poster claims she is LSU signee
8. Reese immediately posts that she has not made a decision
9. Kim does a home visit with Reese
10. LSU posters claim again she is signing with LSU
11. Reese however does not post a photo wearing an LSU jersey or a photo with Kim. However she has not denied the rumor as yet either.

Is she LSU bound ? - I do not know.

The more important intriguing question to me is .... if what DanaDane says is true then someone during the 12 months since Kim left BU has filled her head with disdain for BU. Not for CNC, not the Team - Just BAYLOR. I wonder who that could be ???? A who done it if true we will probably never know but I find very interesting. Not saying who because I have no facts to go with but I have my suspicion which is worth nothing.
Lynnp550
There is/was another Angel Reese at LSU Shreveport.
Adriacus Peratuun
blueeyedbear said:

DanaDane said:

1. Her High School Senior year Kim was Baylor WBB basketball coach then - Griner's book was out - Baylor was in her top 5 so obviously she had no issues with BU at that time.
2. Three years later Kim leaves Baylor for LSU. Nicki Collen is hired as new BU WBB HC
4. So if you are right then something happened in the year since Kim left BU to sour her opinion on BU WBB.
6. AP and I post about negative recruiting tactics being used against BU. We are chastised by "knowledgeable posters" This is the time frame when she would have posted her supposed derogatory, unflattering, dislike for BU - I cannot find any, Decheetah cannot find any and Decheetah is all over social media posts by recruits.
11. Reese however does not post a photo wearing an LSU jersey or a photo with Kim. However she has not denied the rumor as yet either.

The more important intriguing question to me is .... if what DanaDane says is true then someone during the 12 months since Kim left BU has filled her head with disdain for BU. Not for CNC, not the Team - Just BAYLOR. I wonder who that could be ???? A who done it if true we will probably never know but I find very interesting. Not saying who because I have no facts to go with but I have my suspicion which is worth nothing.

Mulkey has to step lightly [be very circumspect] in badmouthing Baylor. Her separation agreement [which allowed her/LSU to avoid the buyout] has huge penalties for violating the No Public Disparagement provision. There are ways to neg Baylor while avoiding that liability. She uses all of them. FYI, all is not well in Baton Rouge. Wait to see how the next 1-2 years play out. She has already turned over her entire staff from Baylor except for Rice and Roberts. Not a happy camp.

The original premise about Angel Reese is nonsense. She isn't carpet bombing Baylor. Actually, it is the opposite. The biggest issue Baylor has in recruiting her is that her boyfriend withdrew from the draft and is returning to Maryland [on football team] for another season.

On Baylor's side, the new staff has opened up a variety of new recruiting relationships with Summer programs in the South [particularly Atlanta and Florida] and is repairing some strained relationships in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, etc. Have heard an interesting rumor of a joint MBB and WBB coaches talking tour. Not sure if it was simply an idea thrown out or actually has some momentum.
Lynnp550
Baylor Recruiting Shutdown, May 2 - May 8
blueeyedbear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

blueeyedbear said:

DanaDane said:

Mulkey has to step lightly [be very circumspect] in badmouthing Baylor. Her separation agreement [which allowed her/LSU to avoid the buyout] has huge penalties for violating the No Public Disparagement provision. There are ways to neg Baylor while avoiding that liability. She uses all of them. FYI, all is not well in Baton Rouge. Wait to see how the next 12 years play out. She has already turned over her entire staff from Baylor except for Rice and Roberts. Not a happy camp.

The original premise about Angel Reese is nonsense. She isn't carpet bombing Baylor. Actually, it is the opposite. The biggest issue Baylor has in recruiting her is that her boyfriend withdrew from the draft and is returning to Maryland [on football team] for another season.

On Baylor's side, the new staff has opened up a variety of new recruiting relationships with Summer programs in the South [particularly Atlanta and Florida] and is repairing some strained relationships in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, etc. Have heard an interesting rumor of a joint MBB and WBB coaches talking tour. Not sure if it was simply an idea thrown out or actually has some momentum.

I have also heard of that possible collaboration tour with WBB and MBB - I believe its more then throw it on the wall and see if it sticks. Scott/Staff and Nicki/Staff really enjoy being around each other - I think its a great idea !!
GarlandBear84
Last year I attended such a preseason function in Dallas and both Drew and Collen spoke. I even got a selfie with Collen.
baylor1984
GarlandBear84 said:

Last year I attended such a preseason function in Dallas and both Drew and Collen spoke. I even got a selfie with Collen.

Bone Squad
GarlandBear84 said:

I even got a selfie with Collen.
Do people refer to that as a Collie? C'mon, let's make it a thing. I'll split the trademark license royalties with you.
Bone Squad
Oh, and the answer to your obvious next question is "yes, a selfie with Coach Drew is called a Scottie."
ScottS
DanaDane....you are on the clock...report to this thread immediately.
Chibears2
Bone Squad said:

Oh, and the answer to your obvious next question is "yes, a selfie with Coach Drew is called a Scottie."
I appreciate the cleverness, Bone Squad. Gave me a chuckle!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.