Big 12 happenings

643,479 Views | 3754 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


FORMER PLAYER & ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH
Jamie Carey

One of the most interesting 2021 coaching selection stories is from the University of Montana. Jamie Carey is 1 of the 4 finalists.

Big 12 fans remember Carey as a star player with the Longhorns from 2002-05. She returned to Austin during the Karen Aston era for 4 years as a coach that included 2 years as associate head coach. Currently, she is associate head coach at the University of North Texas.

The 3 other finalists are Mark Campbell (Oregon), Brian Hollinger (Oregon State) and Mike Petrino (interim HC Montana).
Lone Star
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would be surprised if (and why) Mark Campbell would go to Montana. He is way too good of a coach for that small of a program and the real reason behind Kelly Graves success at Oregon. Good developer of players.
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:



FORMER PLAYER & ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH
Jamie Carey

One of the most interesting 2021 coaching selection stories is from the University of Montana. Jamie Carey is 1 of the 4 finalists.

Big 12 fans remember Carey as a star player with the Longhorns from 2002-05. She returned to Austin during the Karen Aston era for 4 years as a coach that included 2 years as associate head coach. Currently, she is associate head coach at the University of North Texas.

The 3 other finalists are Mark Campbell (Oregon), Brian Hollinger (Oregon State) and Mike Petrino (interim HC Montana).


Wow on this!

Blast from the past

Thanks
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TRANSFER OUT



Celeste Taylor transfers to Duke
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


TRANSFER OUT



Celeste Taylor transfers to Duke



Lawson is getting some good transfers. Will be interesting to see how the pieces fit.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TRANSFER OUT

slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bawitdaball said:

slimecap said:

Celeste Taylor transfers to Duke
Lawson is getting some good transfers. Will be interesting to see how the pieces fit.
Celeste Taylor (Texas). Lexi Gordon (Texas Tech/UConn).
Nyah Green (Louisville/Allen HS in Allen TX).
Kara Lawson is listening to high school coaches about the goals of recruits.
Adriacus Peratuun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lawson is simply accumulating talent. No regard to whether they fit from a basketball or cultural perspective. The three transfers are all ball side wings.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ENTERING TRANSFER PORTAL
Maka Jackson


slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:


FORMER PLAYER & ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH
Jamie Carey

One of the most interesting 2021 coaching selection stories is from the University of Montana. Jamie Carey is 1 of the 4 finalists.
BIG SKY CONFERENCE: Women's Basketball
Base Salary School Head Coach (Years completed)

165,000 Montana State Tricia Binford (15th)
145,000 Northern Arizona Loree Payne (3rd)
132,967 Northern Colorado Jennifer Huth (2nd)
130,008 Sacramento State Bunky Harkleroad (7th)
120,000 Portland State Lynn Kennedy (5th)
115,000 Weber State Velaida Harris (2nd)
110,011 Idaho State Seton Sobolewski (12th)
110,000 Eastern Washington Wendy Schuller (19th)
110,000 Southern Utah Tracy Sanders (2nd)
96,179 Idaho Jon Newlee (12th)
80,000 Montana Mike Petrino (Zero, interim)

- Paul Schwedelson, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, 14 July 2020
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

TRANSFER OUT
Jo'Nah Johnson



Transfers to Texas State
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


New total of 10 in the portal or already transferred out
2 more grad transfers in the portal
.. Naj Murray 5-6 RS JR guard Stockton CA
.. Jada Walton 5-11 RS JR guard Lithonia, GA
.. 4 returning from 2020-21 roster
.. 4 Signed last week
.. 3 Class of 2021 signees



- Raoul twitter feed. 12 Apr 2021
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wonder whats going on in Lubbock?

Gerlich is a good coach and a legend to the lady raiders...
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Probably roster cleaning to more quickly buiild the team she wants.
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dcheetah said:

Probably roster cleaning to more quickly buiild the team she wants.


Geez

Sorry but I haven't kept up w Tech lately

Was she point guard on Swoopes team that won NC?

I just read about her coaching experience too. Very impressive
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

Was she point guard on Swoopes team that won NC?
As a player under her maiden name Krista Kirkland, Gerlich was a shooting guard on Texas Tech's 1993 national championship team that featured Sheryl Swoopes.

- espn
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


FORMER PLAYER
Nancy Mulkey

Current Rice player and former Oklahoma player Nancy Mulkey has opted out of 2021 WNBA draft consideration.

.. The 6-9 post player was named the 2021 Post-Season WNIT Most Valuable Player.
.. Tina Langley, her coach at Rice, is the new head coach at Washington in the Pac-12.
SirBearALot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?


No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Saddle Up!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?


No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?


No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
I seem to recall her taking the court briefly for OU in Waco her freshman year. Looked like a preying mantis or walking stick on the court.
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?


No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
I seem to recall her taking the court briefly for OU in Waco her freshman year. Looked like a preying mantis or walking stick on the court.


Hey guys, there might be some women on this particular thread
buparent2025
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've seen her play some over the past few years. She's added quite a bit of muscle since her OU days. She's #1 on the Athletic's web site of available transfers. But I bet you she ends up at Washington with her former coach.

https://theathletic.com/2486946/2021/04/13/womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-ncaa/
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?


No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
I seem to recall her taking the court briefly for OU in Waco her freshman year. Looked like a preying mantis or walking stick on the court.


Her freshman year she started every game I believe. Came out and did the jump ball and the headed to the bench at the first dead ball. She has immense height but her strength never increased over the years.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ENTERING TRANSFER PORTAL
Christianna Carr

She mentions her father Chris Carr in her farewell. During his playing career, Carr played for 6 organizations in the National Basketball Association - Phoenix, Minnesota, New Jersey, Golden State, Chicago and Boston - in his six year NBA career, where he registered totals of 6.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 297 games played. Prior to being a 2nd round pick by Phoenix in the 1995 NBA Draft, Carr was a three-year letter winner at Southern Illinois.

4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dcheetah said:

Probably roster cleaning to more quickly buiild the team she wants.
the cupboard is now officially bear...
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

4 SIGNED LAST WEEK






Lady Raider Basketball Announces Four Signings
Link
https://texastech.com/news/2021/4/5/womens-basketball-lady-raider-basketball-announces-four-signings.aspx
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How good are those 4?

Never mind I read article

Wow type players

Those let go at Tech did measure up to these 4

Transfers make sense now

Keep eyes on Tech Women's Basketball
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Same team as Lauren Cox
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:



Same team as Lauren Cox
3 games against BU this year:

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting


which is still 12 points more than Collier scored in 3 games against BU this year.
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hahaha, sheesh.
bawitdaball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

slimecap said:



Same team as Lauren Cox
3 games against BU this year:

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting


which is still 12 points more than Collier scored in 3 games against BU this year.


To be fair, Mulkey could likely make a lot of money in the NBA teaching defense. She knows how to coach lock down defense and cancel out a great player.
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

slimecap said:



Same team as Lauren Cox
3 games against BU this year:

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting


which is still 12 points more than Collier scored in 3 games against BU this year.


Thanks for the homework!

That ain't bad!
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.