Big 12 happenings

1,133,872 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

FORMER PLAYER & ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH
Jamie Carey

One of the most interesting 2021 coaching selection stories is from the University of Montana. Jamie Carey is 1 of the 4 finalists.

Big 12 fans remember Carey as a star player with the Longhorns from 2002-05. She returned to Austin during the Karen Aston era for 4 years as a coach that included 2 years as associate head coach. Currently, she is associate head coach at the University of North Texas.

The 3 other finalists are Mark Campbell (Oregon), Brian Hollinger (Oregon State) and Mike Petrino (interim HC Montana).
Lone Star
I would be surprised if (and why) Mark Campbell would go to Montana. He is way too good of a coach for that small of a program and the real reason behind Kelly Graves success at Oregon. Good developer of players.
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

Jamie Carey

One of the most interesting 2021 coaching selection stories is from the University of Montana. Jamie Carey is 1 of the 4 finalists.

Big 12 fans remember Carey as a star player with the Longhorns from 2002-05. She returned to Austin during the Karen Aston era for 4 years as a coach that included 2 years as associate head coach. Currently, she is associate head coach at the University of North Texas.

The 3 other finalists are Mark Campbell (Oregon), Brian Hollinger (Oregon State) and Mike Petrino (interim HC Montana).

Wow on this!

Blast from the past

Thanks
slimecap

TRANSFER OUT

Celeste Taylor transfers to Duke
bawitdaball
slimecap said:

TRANSFER OUT

Lawson is getting some good transfers. Will be interesting to see how the pieces fit.
slimecap

TRANSFER OUT

slimecap
bawitdaball said:

slimecap said:

Lawson is getting some good transfers. Will be interesting to see how the pieces fit.
Celeste Taylor (Texas). Lexi Gordon (Texas Tech/UConn).
Nyah Green (Louisville/Allen HS in Allen TX).
Kara Lawson is listening to high school coaches about the goals of recruits.
Adriacus Peratuun
Lawson is simply accumulating talent. No regard to whether they fit from a basketball or cultural perspective. The three transfers are all ball side wings.
slimecap

ENTERING TRANSFER PORTAL
Maka Jackson

slimecap
slimecap
slimecap said:

Jamie Carey

BIG SKY CONFERENCE: Women's Basketball
Base Salary School Head Coach (Years completed)

165,000 Montana State Tricia Binford (15th)
145,000 Northern Arizona Loree Payne (3rd)
132,967 Northern Colorado Jennifer Huth (2nd)
130,008 Sacramento State Bunky Harkleroad (7th)
120,000 Portland State Lynn Kennedy (5th)
115,000 Weber State Velaida Harris (2nd)
110,011 Idaho State Seton Sobolewski (12th)
110,000 Eastern Washington Wendy Schuller (19th)
110,000 Southern Utah Tracy Sanders (2nd)
96,179 Idaho Jon Newlee (12th)
80,000 Montana Mike Petrino (Zero, interim)

- Paul Schwedelson, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, 14 July 2020
slimecap

TRANSFER OUT
Jo'Nah Johnson

Transfers to Texas State
slimecap

New total of 10 in the portal or already transferred out
2 more grad transfers in the portal
.. Naj Murray 5-6 RS JR guard Stockton CA
.. Jada Walton 5-11 RS JR guard Lithonia, GA
.. 4 returning from 2020-21 roster
.. 4 Signed last week
.. 3 Class of 2021 signees

- Raoul twitter feed. 12 Apr 2021
4th and Inches
Wonder whats going on in Lubbock?

Gerlich is a good coach and a legend to the lady raiders...
Dcheetah
Probably roster cleaning to more quickly buiild the team she wants.
Florda_mike
Dcheetah said:

Geez

Sorry but I haven't kept up w Tech lately

Was she point guard on Swoopes team that won NC?

I just read about her coaching experience too. Very impressive
slimecap
Florda_mike said:

Was she point guard on Swoopes team that won NC?
As a player under her maiden name Krista Kirkland, Gerlich was a shooting guard on Texas Tech's 1993 national championship team that featured Sheryl Swoopes.

- espn
slimecap

FORMER PLAYER
Nancy Mulkey

Current Rice player and former Oklahoma player Nancy Mulkey has opted out of 2021 WNBA draft consideration.

.. The 6-9 post player was named the 2021 Post-Season WNIT Most Valuable Player.
.. Tina Langley, her coach at Rice, is the new head coach at Washington in the Pac-12.
SirBearALot
She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?
bawitdaball
SirBearALot said:

She says she transferred to Rice to play with her friends from High School.. wonder if she would like to upgrade her NIT Championship trophy to an NCAA Championship trophy ?

No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Saddle Up!
bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

No. Baylor has never had any interest. She is far too wea to survive and play for Kim.
Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
whitetrash
Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

Absolutely right! I had a chance to catch one of her games, and was very anxious to see her for the first time. I was stunned, and I'll say this as politely as possible, at what a bad fit she would ever be at Baylor, or in the Big 12 at all.
I seem to recall her taking the court briefly for OU in Waco her freshman year. Looked like a preying mantis or walking stick on the court.
Florda_mike
whitetrash said:

Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

I seem to recall her taking the court briefly for OU in Waco her freshman year. Looked like a preying mantis or walking stick on the court.

Hey guys, there might be some women on this particular thread
buparent2025
I've seen her play some over the past few years. She's added quite a bit of muscle since her OU days. She's #1 on the Athletic's web site of available transfers. But I bet you she ends up at Washington with her former coach.

https://theathletic.com/2486946/2021/04/13/womens-college-basketball-transfer-portal-ncaa/
bawitdaball
whitetrash said:

Saddle Up! said:

bawitdaball said:

SirBearALot said:

Her freshman year she started every game I believe. Came out and did the jump ball and the headed to the bench at the first dead ball. She has immense height but her strength never increased over the years.
slimecap

ENTERING TRANSFER PORTAL
Christianna Carr

She mentions her father Chris Carr in her farewell. During his playing career, Carr played for 6 organizations in the National Basketball Association - Phoenix, Minnesota, New Jersey, Golden State, Chicago and Boston - in his six year NBA career, where he registered totals of 6.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 297 games played. Prior to being a 2nd round pick by Phoenix in the 1995 NBA Draft, Carr was a three-year letter winner at Southern Illinois.

4th and Inches
Dcheetah said:

the cupboard is now officially bear...
historian
slimecap

4 SIGNED LAST WEEK

Lady Raider Basketball Announces Four Signings
Link
https://texastech.com/news/2021/4/5/womens-basketball-lady-raider-basketball-announces-four-signings.aspx
Florda_mike
How good are those 4?

Never mind I read article

Wow type players

Those let go at Tech did measure up to these 4

Transfers make sense now

Keep eyes on Tech Women's Basketball
slimecap

Same team as Lauren Cox
whitetrash
slimecap said:

Same team as Lauren Cox
3 games against BU this year:

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting

which is still 12 points more than Collier scored in 3 games against BU this year.
Pale Rider
Hahaha, sheesh.
bawitdaball
whitetrash said:

slimecap said:

Same team as Lauren Cox

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting

which is still 12 points more than Collier scored in 3 games against BU this year.

To be fair, Mulkey could likely make a lot of money in the NBA teaching defense. She knows how to coach lock down defense and cancel out a great player.
Florda_mike
whitetrash said:

slimecap said:

Same team as Lauren Cox

9 pts on 4-16 shooting
7 pts on 3-11 shooting
13 pts on 4-17 shooting

Thanks for the homework!

That ain't bad!
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.