Big 12 happenings

1,133,736 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap said:

always great to see the Sooners lose.
historian
Especially when they are losing to Baylor!!!
Wichitabear
historian said:

Especially when they are losing to Baylor!!!
You need an extra blue star historian
slimecap
slimecap

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

12-1 Baylor
11-3 West Virginia
13-4 Oklahoma State
9-5 Texas
10-6 Iowa State
5-8 Oklahoma
5-11 Texas Tech
3-11 TCU
3-11 Kansas
1-12 Kansas State
slimecap
slimecap
slimecap
slimecap
slimecap

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

13-1 Baylor
11-4 West Virginia
13-5 Oklahoma State
10-5 Texas
11-6 Iowa State
6-8 Oklahoma
5-12 Texas Tech
3-12 TCU
3-12 Kansas
2-12 Kansas State
slimecap
Baylor is close to clinching a share of their 11th conference title in the past 21 years,
6 more titles than any other Big 12 [women's basketball] team

- Harper Mayfield, Baylor Lariat, 24 Feb 2021
slimecap
Saturday is Game Day
Early 11:00 a.m. CT start

slimecap
FINAL
85-49 BU

slimecap
slimecap

Feb 28, 2021
NCAA Committee Top 16 Reveal
historian
Nice to see the Lady Bears squeak into a #2 seed.
slimecap
Pale Rider
We have to win this game today.
gone to Tickfaw
would love to be in the bracket with Stanford at the 1.
slimecap

CONFERENCE STANDINGS

15-1 Baylor
12-4 West Virginia
13-5 Oklahoma State
11-6 Iowa State
10-7 Texas
8-8 Oklahoma
5-13 Texas Tech
3-13 TCU
3-13 Kansas State
3-13 Kansas
slimecap
slimecap

NAISMITH TROPHY
COACH OF THE YEAR 10 SEMIFINALISTS

fredbear
Arkansas coach should win.
bawitdaball
fredbear said:

Arkansas coach should win.
Arkansas coach isn't a finalist. But also - Geno is nominated every year - he deserves more of a recruiting award year after year.
fredbear
My comment was not based on his eligibility, but, rather, on his performance. I did not say he could win, I said he should win, a matter of opinion expressed regardless of the facts. Read carefully.
Eball
But he can't win...neither can Kim which is a crock neither are semi-finalists
whitetrash
fredbear said:

My comment was not based on his eligibility, but, rather, on his performance. I did not say he could win, I said he should win, a matter of opinion expressed regardless of the facts. Read carefully.
Neighbors's teams can beat anybody on any given day, and can also lose to anybody. In 2016 he took Washington and Kelsey Plum to the FF as a 7 seed after upsetting Kentucky and Stanford in the regionals. But in 2017 with the same team more experienced, and a 3 seed, I watched them get run out of the gym in the 2nd half by MissSt in OKC.

This year he managed to beat both BU and UConn at home, but went 0-6 against the other 5 best teams in the SECSECSEC (UK, UGA, Tenn, SCar, Aggy x2).

Winner should probably be between Blair and Moore.
Lone Star
whitetrash said:

Don't know about that.....

First off, if they are going to nominate Geno, Walz, and Tara, Kim should be in there also. Just shows the undeserved basketball media hatred towards Baylor and CKM. Geno is seen as Luke Skywalker, Kim as Darth Vader.

I think the award should go to the coach that has orchestrated the biggest turnaround in a short time. That would mean Adia Barnes (Arizona). Has taken a PAC-12 doormat and turned them around in less than 3 years.
Adriacus Peratuun
Guess this thread is home of the Conspiracy Theorists....

COY typically goes to the leader of the biggest overachieving team.

Baylor [to this point] is slightly underachieving their Pre-Season Poll position. The coaches on that list have teams that are currently over-achieving their Pre-Season Poll position. It isn't some "get Baylor/Mulkey scheme".

whitetrash
Lone Star said:

whitetrash said:

Don't know about that.....

First off, if they are going to nominate Geno, Walz, and Tara, Kim should be in there also. Just shows the undeserved basketball media hatred towards Baylor and CKM. Geno is seen as Luke Skywalker, Kim as Darth Vader.

I think the award should go to the coach that has orchestrated the biggest turnaround in a short time. That would mean Adia Barnes (Arizona). Has taken a PAC-12 doormat and turned them around in less than 3 years.
Arizona faded badly down the stretch. They were beaten badly twice by Stanford (on the scale of our dismantling of UT in Waco), and the loss to Arizona State is badbadbad (would be equal to us losing to Tech or KU this year).

Note that in addition to omitting Kim, they also excluded Dawn Staley, but I guess when you are preseason #2 and don't win your conference that's going to happen. That's why I think it will be Blair. Expectations weren't that high on Aggy, especially after Chennedy Carter left, but it was a case of addition by subtraction: get rid of the ballhog to build a more cohesive team, plus take advantage of a very favorable schedule with 6 of their 7 games against the top 6 teams in the SEC at home.
SirBearALot
But Baylor lost three starters and half of the scoring production. Had to find the right combinations and pieces and parts. Took some time to get team going cohesively. She should get recognition for that ?
historian
Baylor fansmight think so, others might not.
Wichitabear
historian said:

Baylor fansmight think so, others might not.
If we win the championship, this says it all! I don't expect us to this year but maybe final 4.
BuinmyBlood
whitetrash said:

... (A&M) a very favorable schedule with 6 of their 7 games against the top 6 teams in the SEC at home.
And wins of 1 and 2 points, on last second shots, by Jordan Mixon, in the 2 games against Arkansas. By all rights, both those games coulda/shoulda been L's for Blair and crew...
BuinmyBlood
SirBearALot said:

But Baylor lost three starters and half of the scoring production. Had to find the right combinations and pieces and parts. Took some time to get team going cohesively. She should get recognition for that ?
Definitely agree. In truth, Baylor's preseason ranking of #4 was probably a bit lofty considering our key losses going into this season. We probably should have started out at about #6, IMO. So, at our current ranking, we really basically have just met expectations relative to where I think we should have started the season.

Of course the "Covid loss" to Iowa State proved to be a bit of a blow for us, and we were just not cohesive enough early in the season to deal with the offensive firepower of the guards/system at Arkansas early on...
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.