Big 12 happenings

1,160,967 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

FEMME SIKUZANI MASUDI
GRAD TRANSFER Texas to New Mexico State
April 27, 2023

Center 6-5 Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo

Sikuzani Masudi has spent her last two colligate seasons playing for Texas where she averaged 1.4 points and 1.2 rebounds in 16 games for the Longhorns.

Before making her way to Austin, Sukuzani Masudi was considered one of the top junior college prospects in the nation for her time spent at South Georgia Tech. In 2021, All Star Girls Report listed Sikuzani Masudi as the No. 1 JUCO prospect in the nation while Dan Olson's Collegiate Girls Basketball Report ranked her as the No. 7 prospect.

During her two-year stint with the Lady Jets, Sikuzani Masudi averaged 9.1 points, 9.7 rebounds and 1.3 blocks a game. During her freshman campaign, the lengthy center managed to average a double-double (10.6 points, 10.8 rebounds) while leading the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association (GCAA) in total rebounds (345), blocks (46), field-goal percentage (55.0), offensive rebounds (156) and defensive rebounds (189) and even earned a spot on the NJCAA Women's Basketball Coaches Association All-Star team.

- New Mexico State WBB website
SirBearALot
Did she play any at all for the Horns ??? 6'5" should get some playing time ???
SirBearALot
slimecap
SirBearALot said:

Did she play any at all for the Horns ???
6'5" should get some playing time ???
2022-23 Univ of Texas WBB
All games
MASUDI, Femme

GP-GS MIN AVG
11-0 48:31 4.4

FG-FGA FG% 3FG-3FGA 3FG% FT-FTA FT%
9-19 .474 0-0 .000 1-2 .500

ORB DRB TRB RBAVG
5 6 11 1.0

PF A TO BLK STL
2 0 2 3 1

PTS AVG
19 1.7
slimecap

COURTNEY PARIS
WNBA
Jan 9, 2023

Hired as WNBA Dallas Wings assistant coach

OU player
.. 1st-ever 4-time Associated Press & USBWA All-American in WBB history
.. 1st NCAA player to accumulate 2,500 career points & 2,000 career rebounds
.. OU all-time leader with 2729 points & 2034 rebounds

10-year WNBA veteran
.. 7th overall pick in 2009 WNBA Draft
.. Played with Tulsa & Dallas
.. Finished career with Seattle where she won a 2018 Championship
.. Led WNBA in rebounding 2014 & 2015

Upon her retirement from the WNBA in 2020
2020-21 Oklahoma assistant coach

- Excerpts from WNBA press release
BearFan33
slimecap said:

COURTNEY PARIS
WNBA
Jan 9, 2023

Hired as WNBA Dallas Wings assistant coach

OU player
.. 1st-ever 4-time Associated Press & USBWA All-American in WBB history
.. 1st NCAA player to accumulate 2,500 career points & 2,000 career rebounds
.. OU all-time leader with 2729 points & 2034 rebounds

10-year WNBA veteran
.. 7th overall pick in 2009 WNBA Draft
.. Played with Tulsa & Dallas
.. Finished career with Seattle where she won a 2018 Championship
.. Led WNBA in rebounding 2014 & 2015

Upon her retirement from the WNBA in 2020
2020-21 Oklahoma assistant coach

- Excerpts from WNBA press release
She was really really good. I believe Sherrie Coale squandered a chance at a NC by not capitalizing on having her for 4 years. At least we got one with Griner (should have been more).
slimecap

CAITLIN BICKLE
Earns 2nd Baylor Degree

Congratulations Cait !!
slimecap

WNBA
DiDi Richards
May 13, 2023

slimecap

RAEGAN PEBLEY
Former Head Coach
May 14, 2023

"Started this journey of earning my M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership some time ago. Lots of reasons why & a legacy of women with whom I wanted to share the title of TCU Alumnae. I have & always will love TCU."

- Raegan Pebley twitter
DFW Bill
Congratulations Coach Pebley, a good person and a class act.
blueeyedbear
DFW Bill said:

Congratulations Coach Pebley, a good person and a class act.
Yes, Defiantly a class act and a good person. Wish her the best.
slimecap
slimecap said:

KRISTY WALLACE
WNBA
Jan 13, 2023

Atlanta Dream dealt 2nd-year guard Kristy Wallace to Indiana Fever
in exchange for 11-year veteran Danielle Robinson
UPDATE
May 13, 2023
slimecap

ASHLEY JOENS
WNBA

2023 Dallas Opening Day Roster
slimecap
Responding to an inquiry about
Possibilities in the WNBA
for former Big 12 players cut from training camp rosters

"Unlike last year,
the league now has a maternity exception to the salary cap
that allows for a team to add a player at the veteran or rookie minimum
if a player cannot play"

- Ben W. twitter, 20 Jan 2023
slimecap

Announced May 18, 2023

Congratulations NaLyssa, Queen & Kristy
Sic 'em !!!
slimecap
slimecap said:

Possibilities in the WNBA
for former Big 12 players cut from training camp rosters

"Unlike last year, the league now has a maternity exception to the salary cap
that allows for a team to add a player at the veteran or rookie minimum
if a player cannot play" - Ben W. twitter, 20 Jan 2023
WNBA teams impacted by maternity exception

Chicago Ruthy Hebard
Los Angeles Katie Lou Samuelson
Minnesota Natalie Achonwa
Phoenix Skylar Diggins-Smith
slimecap

DANIELLE ROBINSON
WNBA

2023 Atlanta Opening Day Roster
slimecap

JOYNER HOLMES
WNBA

2023 Los Angeles Opening Day Roster
slimecap
slimecap

AYOKA LEE & GABBY GREGORY

AYOKA LEE 6-6 center & All-American Byron, MN
2nd player in K-State history with 1,600 points, 850 rebounds and 225 blocks. She missed all of last season while coming off a summer left knee surgery after becoming the only player in school history with 700 points, 300 rebounds and 90 blocks in a season during the 2021-22 campaign. Lee set the NCAA Division I women's basketball record by scoring 61 points against Oklahoma in 2021.

GABBY GREGORY 6-0 guard Tulsa OK
Established career highs across the board during her first season with the Wildcats. The former Oklahoma transfer has scored 1,433 career points, including 648 at K-State last season. She was one of just four players in the nation and the first in K-State history to reach 625 points, 160 made free throws and 80 made 3-pointers.

Although K-State didn't make the NCAA Tournament last season, the Wildcats are ranked in ESPN's early preseason poll. What does that say to you?

LEE: That's an immense amount of respect. When I came to K-State I just remember on my visit talking with Coach Mittie about the rich history that the program has and it all goes back to that history, just what we've been able to do in the past, and the ranking's belief that we can build off of that. That's really powerful. That's something we should take to heart and appreciate but also take as, "We're capable of exceeding those standards set for us."

GREGORY: When I saw the ranking, I wasn't surprised, but I was excited. It's a really cool thing. We didn't make the tournament but we're still ranked Top 25 in the early rankings. It makes you want to go into the gym and start working. It's just a really exciting thing, you know? You just want to get back out there. I think everyone on the team will be ready to work. There's so much anticipation going into this year. I hope we can just build off that and carry that. Just keep that going and carry us into this season and see where it takes us.

- Kansas State WBB website, 18 May 2023
slimecap

SIERRA BONE
Director of Branding & Player Influence

Oklahoma State's women's basketball team has added Sierra Bone to its staff as its director of branding and player influence it was announced today by Cowgirl head coach Jacie Hoyt.

"I want our athletes and recruits to know how serious we are about investing in them in this era of NIL. I am thrilled with the addition of Sierra and the skill set she brings. She played for me on my first team at Kansas City and we have shared a special bond ever since," Hoyt said.

"We want our players to have every resource possible when it comes to capitalizing on their name, image and likeness and Sierra is going to aid tremendously in that. She understands how to maximize branding opportunities, and I'm glad our players will have her to help manage all that comes with the success they will have as a team and individually."

The newly formed position is among the first of its kind in the country. In her current capacity, Bone will provide direction to the program's student-athletes in regard to their brand development while working directly with OSU's NIL staff to enhance branding opportunities for them as well.

Most recently, Bone worked as a graduate assistant at Arizona where she received a master's degree in educational leadership in 2022. Her time in Tucson was highlighted by the Wildcats' run to the NCAA title game in 2021.

- Oklahoma State WBB website, 22 May 2023
BearFan33
slimecap said:

SIERRA BONE

Oklahoma State's women's basketball team has added Sierra Bone to its staff as its director of branding and player influence it was announced today by Cowgirl head coach Jacie Hoyt.

"I want our athletes and recruits to know how serious we are about investing in them in this era of NIL. I am thrilled with the addition of Sierra and the skill set she brings. She played for me on my first team at Kansas City and we have shared a special bond ever since," Hoyt said.

"We want our players to have every resource possible when it comes to capitalizing on their name, image and likeness and Sierra is going to aid tremendously in that. She understands how to maximize branding opportunities, and I'm glad our players will have her to help manage all that comes with the success they will have as a team and individually."

The newly formed position is among the first of its kind in the country. In her current capacity, Bone will provide direction to the program's student-athletes in regard to their brand development while working directly with OSU's NIL staff to enhance branding opportunities for them as well.

Most recently, Bone worked as a graduate assistant at Arizona where she received a master's degree in educational leadership in 2022. Her time in Tucson was highlighted by the Wildcats' run to the NCAA title game in 2021.

- Oklahoma State WBB website, 22 May 2023
I don't have a problem with it but....

Is OSU venturing into a grey area here as I thought the schools were not supposed to play a role in NIL? It sounds like the new hire will advise, find new NIL opportunities and matchmake opportunity and player. It sounds like this person is on the OSU payroll.
slimecap

MARK KELLOGG
New WVU Head Coach

Coach Kellogg named the
Texas Association of Basketball Coaches
DI Women's Coach of the Year
for his previous 2022-2023 season at Stephen F. Austin State University

- TABC twitter, 22 April 2023
slimecap

YAYA FELDER
Transfer from Ohio University

Summer 2022
Felder knew the responsibility that she was dealing with and worked hard to improve her game in the off-season. Felder worked to become a better shooter, ball handler and driver as Ohio's new starting point guard.

According to Felder, however, her most important development was as a leader
The shy freshman who walked Ohio's campus couldn't take Ohio where it needed to be. And with a slew of young contributors on Ohio's team, Felder had to step up.

Felder stated
"I think I became more of a leader (this year). I'm talking more, and I'm (present), and I felt like I wasn't there last year, I was still shy."

With a very young roster and a lot of fresh faces
the Bobcats struggled to come up with wins early in the 2022-23 season. But the work Felder put in the offseason was apparent; she scored 21 points in a loss to one of the nation's best teams, Ohio State. Felder backed that performance up with a 26-point performance in the next game against IUPUI.

Felder ramped up her offensive excellence in MAC play
and even made history with a 40-point performance against Central Michigan. Felder became just the third player in Ohio women's basketball history to score 40 points in a single game.

Felder's improvements have provided a headache for defenses
Her quick first step allows her to get past defenders at will, and her improvements as a shooter mean defenses can't leave her open from the beyond the arc.

Felder's basketball IQ and knack for finding open teammates is a threat to the opposition
"I think about getting my teammates involved first," Felder said. "Because making them a threat, makes the defense fall back against me. So now I can be able to do what I have to do … "

- Excerpts from an article by Bobby Gorbett, The Post: Athens OH, 20 Feb 2023
slimecap
BearFan33 said:

slimecap said:

SIERRA BONE

OSU head coach Jacie Hoyt said
"I want our athletes and recruits to know how serious we are about investing in them in this era of NIL. We want our players to have every resource possible when it comes to capitalizing on their name, image and likeness and Sierra is going to aid tremendously in that. She understands how to maximize branding opportunities, and I'm glad our players will have her to help manage all that comes with the success they will have as a team and individually."

The newly formed position is among the first of its kind in the country. In her current capacity, Bone will provide direction to the program's student-athletes in regard to their brand development while working directly with OSU's NIL staff to enhance branding opportunities for them as well. ...
I don't have a problem with it but....

Is OSU venturing into a grey area here as I thought the schools were not supposed to play a role in NIL? It sounds like the new hire will advise, find new NIL opportunities and matchmake opportunity and player. It sounds like this person is on the OSU payroll.
Hi BearFan33,
On another website, I was able to find a copy of the original OSU job posting
School: Oklahoma State
Position: Director of Player Branding and Influence Women's Basketball
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience

Link
https://whoopdirt.com/job/director-player-branding-influence-womens-basketball-oklahoma-state/

Hope this helps
slimecap
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

2024 JUSTICE CARLTON
Daughter of former Baylor WBB player

Forward/Post 6-2 Seven Lakes HS Katy TX
.. Ranked #1 state of Texas 2024 Premier Basketball
.. 20+ scholarship offers from major DI schools
.. MVP Boo Williams AAU Tournament

Her mother is
6-5 Kacy Moffitt (1995 -1999) Baylor WBB
.. Baylor All-Time individual records: #8 Blocks & #15 Scoring
.. "When I was coaching at Baylor, we had the real deal in Kacy Moffitt. She was a phenomenal athletic sharpshooter." - Larry Tidwell, UTRGV WBB website, 28 Aug 2016
UPDATE
Aug 10, 2022
FINAL 21

BIG 12 Baylor, Oklahoma & Texas
ACC Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, North Carolina State & Notre Dame
PAC-12 Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA & USC
SEC Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee & Vanderbilt
BIG EAST UConn
UPDATE
May 27, 2023
#4 HoopGurlz

FINAL 5

BIG 12 Texas
PAC-12 Arizona
SEC LSU & South Carolina
BIG EAST UConn
drahthaar
That's pretty sad.
sicem45
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

slimecap said:

2024 JUSTICE CARLTON
Daughter of former Baylor WBB player

Forward/Post 6-2 Seven Lakes HS Katy TX
.. Ranked #1 state of Texas 2024 Premier Basketball
.. 20+ scholarship offers from major DI schools
.. MVP Boo Williams AAU Tournament

Her mother is
6-5 Kacy Moffitt (1995 -1999) Baylor WBB
.. Baylor All-Time individual records: #8 Blocks & #15 Scoring
.. "When I was coaching at Baylor, we had the real deal in Kacy Moffitt. She was a phenomenal athletic sharpshooter." - Larry Tidwell, UTRGV WBB website, 28 Aug 2016
UPDATE
Aug 10, 2022
FINAL 21

BIG 12 Baylor, Oklahoma & Texas
ACC Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, North Carolina State & Notre Dame
PAC-12 Arizona, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA & USC
SEC Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina, Tennessee & Vanderbilt
BIG EAST UConn
UPDATE
May 27, 2023
#4 HoopGurlz

FINAL 5

BIG 12 Texas
PAC-12 Arizona
SEC LSU & South Carolina
BIG EAST UConn
4 of the 5 finalists are out of state.

Texas fans seem to think she is a lock to them
DFW Bill
Texas fans have a high sense of entitlement. Seven Lakes High School is in the Katy School District. My money would be on one of the last three teams on her list. She is #4 in the Class of 2024.
74Bear
LSU
baylorbear33
Yup, BR is a straight, 4-hour drive from Katy due east on I-10.
bawitdaball
This is likely going to happen more often unless Baylor gets their act together on NIL. All of those programs have programs set up to enhance players exposure. That will start becoming a more and more important piece to the recruiting puzzle.
Dcheetah
Help is coming
woodsa75
I saw an instagram post of Ashley Owusu working out with Jaden in Dallas guess she gave up on LSU for TCU possibly 1
BUbearinARK
bawitdaball said:

This is likely going to happen more often unless Baylor gets their act together on NIL. All of those programs have programs set up to enhance players exposure. That will start becoming a more and more important piece to the recruiting puzzle.
Are you doing your part?
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.