Kim's silence on BG situation

41,017 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bone Squad
Mothballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sicem45 said:

baylorbear33 said:

Dcheetah said:

Sicem 45 has a lot more knowledge about what is being posted than those on here making demeaning comments and I know 33 is an ex-player. Maybe we could just agree to disagree without all the angry comments. To Sicem's credit, comments are kept on topic and without name calling

So sicem45 calling CKM a disgusting, terrible person with no moral values doesn't qualify as demeaning or name calling? If you want to call me out for name calling, that's fine. I'll own it and stand by what I said, but let's apply the same threshold to everyone.

I am speaking the facts, from my in person dealings with her and her actions. She is a racist and homophobe. A giant trump supporter. The thought of her name being put on the court is sickening. You can have a good basketball coach with good moral values. LSUs recruiting will tank because of this. A top 2024 recruit recently said she isn't considering LSU now because of this

For your next trick defend spousal abuse for us
IowaBear
I wouldn't bother arguing with Sic Em 45 anymore, something about him and "facts" that shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Go look at his posts from last summer dudes been dead wrong on EVERYTHING he's claimed would happen. He's letting his extreme hate for Mulkey cloud his mind. He's not even rational at this point
Eball
Your hate runs deep now move on
Pastorron
Obviously Baylor no longer requires OT AND NT of all students or perhaps the young lady missed the boat on those classes. That said, she has been living on a tight wire for a number of years with a number of legal encounters, including some domestic violence stuff according to some reports. I wonder why she had the dope on her in the first place. If she did, does that mean the WNBA has no problems with their players having some dope and maybe using the dope? Or do they just look the other way and say nothing? Or if you are a big enough star does it nean the rules do not appy? I feel for the young lady and I hope she gets her life uprighted and it is tragic she is now a pawn in international politics involving a country she has shared a great dislike for inluding no desire to hear the national anthem. Maybe this is a wake up call! Time will tell. I have no understanding as to why KM is involved in discussion. She coached the girl! She did not teach her to take dope or to carry it in or out of Russia.
Pastorron
It seems to me that some of you Baylor folks are Biblephobes!
Proud 1992 Alum
My understanding is that the Russians found vape cartridges in her luggage. Her attorneys say they were for pain management. Given her year round training and playing in the WNBA, a foreign league, and the U.S. national team, it wouldn't be surprising if she had chronic pain issues. Vaping is probably safer than taking prescription medications which can be addictive.

It seems that many posters here appear to enjoy seeing Griner suffer due to their dislike for public statements she has made. On one level, I can understand that impulse. As a patriotic pro-police conservative, I can't stand Colin Kapernick. But BG is no Kapernick. She isn't that outspoken and certainly hasn't monetized her politics like Kapernick has. The reality is that many of us would probably not like the political beliefs of many of the players on the Baylor women's basketball teams or for that matter, the football team.

With respect to the "rift" between BG and Baylor/Mulkey, I think that it was always made out to be more than it was. Many have stated that the interview that BG did after her last season was with a journalist known for her LGBT activism. I think she pushed Griner to be critical of Mulkey. My understanding is that BG and Mulkey had smoothed things out between them over the years. Mulkey had encouraged BG to finish her degree which she did. BG has been supportive of Baylor basketball on her social media and expressed her pride in earning her Baylor degree. BG has spoken to Nicki Collen about coming back for her jersey retirement ceremony (long-delayed due to the degree requirement and Griner's schedule) as well as collaborating on a camp or other activity. All of this to say that BG's relationship with Baylor has been a net positive.

BG is far from perfect. We all are far from perfect. But she is absolutely a political pawn held by a corrupt and authoritarian government that is one of the two principal adversaries of our country. All Americans and especially Baylor fans should be praying for her return home (as well as the return of Paul Whelan and other Americans improperly detained). The callousness expressed toward Griner on this forum is unseemly.
Jack Bauer
I saw a petition to trade Jackson Mahomes for Brittney Griner and I'm onboard for that 100%.

sicem45
IowaBear said:

I wouldn't bother arguing with Sic Em 45 anymore, something about him and "facts" that shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Go look at his posts from last summer dudes been dead wrong on EVERYTHING he's claimed would happen. He's letting his extreme hate for Mulkey cloud his mind. He's not even rational at this point

I question your morals that you even defend her. Speaks to the type of person you are. Why do you support a racist?
Leonidas
Proud 1992 Alum said:

My understanding is that the Russians found vape cartridges in her luggage. Her attorneys say they were for pain management. Given her year round training and playing in the WNBA, a foreign league, and the U.S. national team, it wouldn't be surprising if she had chronic pain issues. Vaping is probably safer than taking prescription medications which can be addictive.

It seems that many posters here appear to enjoy seeing Griner suffer due to their dislike for public statements she has made. On one level, I can understand that impulse. As a patriotic pro-police conservative, I can't stand Colin Kapernick. But BG is no Kapernick. She isn't that outspoken and certainly hasn't monetized her politics like Kapernick has. The reality is that many of us would probably not like the political beliefs of many of the players on the Baylor women's basketball teams or for that matter, the football team.

With respect to the "rift" between BG and Baylor/Mulkey, I think that it was always made out to be more than it was. Many have stated that the interview that BG did after her last season was with a journalist known for her LGBT activism. I think she pushed Griner to be critical of Mulkey. My understanding is that BG and Mulkey had smoothed things out between them over the years. Mulkey had encouraged BG to finish her degree which she did. BG has been supportive of Baylor basketball on her social media and expressed her pride in earning her Baylor degree. BG has spoken to Nicki Collen about coming back for her jersey retirement ceremony (long-delayed due to the degree requirement and Griner's schedule) as well as collaborating on a camp or other activity. All of this to say that BG's relationship with Baylor has been a net positive.

BG is far from perfect. We all are far from perfect. But she is absolutely a political pawn held by a corrupt and authoritarian government that is one of the two principal adversaries of our country. All Americans and especially Baylor fans should be praying for her return home (as well as the return of Paul Whelan and other Americans improperly detained). The callousness expressed toward Griner on this forum is unseemly.
Excellent post. For those not aware, the Waco Trib article over the weekend discussing this situation cited a recent example of another US citizen, a college student I believe, who was caught with more "drugs" than Griner (Griner had less than 1 gram of cannabis oil in the vape cartridge but charged and sentenced under a provision dealing with distribution of drugs). The other U.S. citizen was apparently given a $235 fine and two month in jail.
IowaBear
Interesting that you call her a racist, please direct me to 1 just 1 former player whose came out and called her a racist? Again you throw **** at a wall hoping it sticks. You've managed to fool DCCheetah into believing you actually have some knowledge. Congrats he or she is clearly gullible. I don't buy for one second that you have an ounce of knowledge. I do believe however, that you make **** up so you sound intelligent on these boards
Bone Squad
Leonidas said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Excellent post. For those not aware, the Waco Trib article over the weekend discussing this situation cited a recent example of another US citizen, a college student I believe, who was caught with more "drugs" than Griner (Griner had less than 1 gram of cannabis oil in the vape cartridge but charged and sentenced under a provision dealing with distribution of drugs). The other U.S. citizen was apparently given a $235 fine and two month in jail.
Here is an article from when this happened in 2019. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-releases-american-teen-audrey-lorber-today-jailed-attempting-to-import-marijuana-2019-09-17/

Why the drastically different treatment for Audrey Lorber, who had nearly 20X the amount of marijuana Brittney did, but in all other aspects had the identical fact pattern? This is Putin playing political games.
Mothballs
Bone Squad said:

Leonidas said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

Here is an article from when this happened in 2019. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-releases-american-teen-audrey-lorber-today-jailed-attempting-to-import-marijuana-2019-09-17/

Why the drastically different treatment for Audrey Lorber, who had nearly 20X the amount of marijuana Brittney did, but in all other aspects had the identical fact pattern? This is Putin playing political games.

Of course Putin is playing political games and BG gave him the ammunition to fight with. Imagine if you will that BG was never caught with the vape at all? We wouldn't even be having this discussion at all right now.
baylor1984
sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

I question your morals that you even defend her. Speaks to the type of person you are. Why do you support a racist?
Do you know how many women of color that she has coached and played with in her career ? It has to be well over 2 to 3 hundred and not one single one of those players or teammates has said one single word about her being a racist. I sure as hell know if she was it damn sure would have come out by now. You are one FOS person on this board that's one thing I'm damn certain of.
lookin4awin
baylor1984 said:

sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

Do you know how many women of color that she has coached and played with in her career ? It has to be well over 2 to 3 hundred and not one single one of those players or teammates has said one single word about her being a racist. I sure as hell know if she was it damn sure would have come out by now. You are one FOS person on this board that's one thing I'm damn certain of.
Good post---appreciate the logic.

This same poster keeps pounding on Kim-even now for things she doesn't say- yet has been critical of Baylor fans she contends can't move forward to the future with CNC. This poster has singularly done more to prevent the Board moving forward than most everyone else combined. I just don't get it.

The poster has an irrational almost scary fixation about KM.

If I had the time, I'd look at the past ten years of KM's tenure at Baylor and determine the percentages of her recruits that were women of color.
baylor1984
lookin4awin said:

baylor1984 said:

sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

This same poster keeps pounding on Kim-even now for things she doesn't say- yet has been critical of Baylor fans she contends can't move forward to the future with CNC. This poster has singularly done more to prevent the Board moving forward than most everyone else combined. I just don't get it.

He or she was probably an intern for the team and got yelled at by KM and got their feelings hurt. Seems to happen a lot more often now than it did 20,30, 40 years ago.
Mothballs
baylor1984 said:

lookin4awin said:

baylor1984 said:

sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

He or she was probably an intern for the team and got yelled at by KM and got their feelings hurt. Seems to happen a lot more often now than it did 20,30, 40 years ago.

Brilliant work my friend. We now know 45's true identity. Kim hurt his whittle feewings when she was an assistant at La Tech.

baylorbear33
For sicem45 to have such deep knowledge of Baylor WBB, I find it interesting that he joined the board 3 days after CNC was hired. Not a coincidence. Where was all that knowledge and vitriol during the previous 20+ years that CKM was the coach?
baylor1984
baylorbear33 said:

For sicem45 to have such deep knowledge of Baylor WBB, I find it interesting that he joined the board 3 days after CNC was hired. Not a coincidence. Where was all that knowledge and vitriol during the previous 20+ years that CKM was the coach?

Great point never thought of that. Huge Red Flags and Sirens should be going off for sure.
SonOfZuno
A lot of dumb in this thread.
A few keyboard heroes too.
Mothballs
sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

Back up your claims of racism. Why do you support a wife beater?
LTBear19
Look. I'm definitely not a Kim Mulkey apologist. Far from it. But I felt the need to chime in on this one.

I won't argue with anyone who feels she's stubborn and has a bit of an ego problem.

But to suggest she's a racist is about as far as being in left field as one can get.

DanaDane
Every day I drop by the WBB forum and every day I have purposely resisted the urge to open this thread just based on the title alone. I finally gave in, opened it, and read it.

I should have resisted.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
baylorbear33 said:

Not a member of the family and is a Bear. Some people were scared to talk when Kim was here.
ScottS
LTBear19 said:

Look. I'm definitely not a Kim Mulkey apologist. Far from it. But I felt the need to chime in on this one.

I won't argue with anyone who feels she's stubborn and has a bit of an ego problem.

But to suggest she's a racist is about as far as being in left field as one can get.

I agree 100%
baylor1984
Brian Ethridge said:

baylorbear33 said:

Not a member of the family and is a Bear. Some people were scared to talk when Kim was here.

Scared to talk on an anonymous message board? Give me a break. Hundreds of former players that have nothing to lose once they left La. Tech, Baylor and now LSU have ever said one word not a peep not only never said anything but they come back and visit/ support KM at wherever she is coaching. Proof is in the pudding as they say.
geewago
Brian Ethridge said:

baylorbear33 said:

Not sure how to interpret this Brian, but I hope it doesn't mean you're OK with all the crap sicem45 posts on here.
WacoKelly83
Baylor Dad in Va.
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Absolutely correct. The callousness expressed toward Griner on this forum is unseemly and shameful. BG is a political pawn and there are way too many on here criticizing her when they know nothing about Russia and how they use court cases in their politics. Some of the comments criticizing Britney are too embarrassing to even deserve a reply.
Baylor Dad in Va.
DanaDane said:

Every day I drop by the WBB forum and every day I have purposely resisted the urge to open this thread just based on the title alone. I finally gave in, opened it, and read it.

I should have resisted.
Fully agree. I too should have resisted.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
baylor1984 said:

Brian Ethridge said:

baylorbear33 said:

Scared to talk on an anonymous message board? Give me a break. Hundreds of former players that have nothing to lose once they left La. Tech, Baylor and now LSU have ever said one word not a peep not only never said anything but they come back and visit/ support KM at wherever she is coaching. Proof is in the pudding as they say.
Yes, I know for a fact. People who had a liveliehood attached feel different than players.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
geewago said:

Brian Ethridge said:

baylorbear33 said:

Not sure how to interpret this Brian, but I hope it doesn't mean you're OK with all the crap sicem45 posts on here.
We allow free speech without going overboard. I would say sicem45, by my knowledge, would believe what they are posting.
joseywales
Who cares thinks Kim thinks...she Is gone..bye
Malbec
Brian Ethridge said:

geewago said:

Brian Ethridge said:

baylorbear33 said:

We allow free speech without going overboard. I would say sicem45, by my knowledge, would believe what they are posting.
Mothballs
joseywales said:

Who cares thinks Kim thinks...she Is gone..bye

Some folks here still need Kim's validation in their lives.
Uncle Big Bad
There is no better or loyal friend you can have than Coach Kim! Anyone who says differently has never known her. Kim was busy defending Baylor while the Baylor sheeple were busy trying to find catchy spin phrases like "it's on us". She tried to protect Brittney while she was at Baylor. Brittney's pro gay agenda handlers that she surrounded herself with after Baylor took a 6'8" dump at Kim and Baylor. She was coached with the same love and respect as all her teammates. I'm sorry, but I really do not believe the Russian government is waiting to hear a tweet or press release of an American basketball coach's opinion on this matter. I'm sure if Kim is asked in a press conference or any type of interview she would share her views on this.

It's terrible what happened, but that's the chance we take when we leave the country. Many famous people have had drug legal problems in other countries. Just because your making millions in a foreign country doesn't mean your not subject to the corrupt legal system you are living under there. I wonder if she also knelt for the Russian national anthem or just for the American anthem? I hope she is home soon and well, but she isn't going to find peace and happiness through any political system, in the arms of another woman or drugs. Only through the Saving grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will true peace and joy be found!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.