Kim's silence on BG situation

41,022 Views | 279 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bone Squad
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coaches are paid enough they can buy players from their own fat bank accounts. I have no idea if it's legal but I'm under the impression there are no rules anymore.
Mothballs
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Coaches are paid enough they can buy players from their own fat bank accounts. I have no idea if it's legal but I'm under the impression there are no rules anymore.

We have a rare opportunity to begin anew with the opening of Foster Pavilion. We can take cancel culture to it's inevitable ending by not raising any banners from the rafters of the pavilion honoring any achievements Women's Basketball had while Kim was here. I'm positive that all former players and current fans and staff would totally agree with this idea. It's time to make this happen and totally erase Kim from our history.
Mitch Henessey
Mothballs said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

We have a rare opportunity to begin anew with the opening of Foster Pavilion. We can take cancel culture to it's inevitable ending by not raising any banners from the rafters of the pavilion honoring any achievements Women's Basketball had while Kim was here. I'm positive that all former players and current fans and staff would totally agree with this idea. It's time to make this happen and totally erase Kim from our history.
Even amongst the normal idiocy of this website, this post is something special.
Aliceinbubbleland
Somehow I just knew this was the type of complaint you have regarding Kim vs Drew.

I wouldn't walk across the street to watch women's basketball and only watched on TV if they were in the Championship playoffss run. That said I felt a lot more attachment to Kim and her accomplishments and LACK of respect because it was women's sports. She walked on a floor falsly implying the men's program was National Champions for years.

I'm all in for the new coach but I will be surprised if she can have anywhere close to the run Kim gave Baylor.
Ashley Hodge
Staff
I have a lot more info than you have. I'll leave it at that. I will be an enthusiastic supporter of Nicki Collen and her program going forward. After interviewing all the girls this summer for Athlete+, I think she has a terrific culture.
EvilTroyAndAbed
If you wouldn't walk across the street for a women's basketball game, I wouldn't exactly classify you as "all in."
Eball
So how do the Kim haters, she is done, the kids all hate her explain her recruiting class for next year? Top 5 if not #1 with latest commitment # 1 post in class?
Mitch Henessey
Bear3
Money. Word is that Mikaylah Williams got close to $100,000 and Rosario also got a nice amount. Kim is good recruiter but NIL definitely helped her get the class she got this year.
IowaBear
Welcome to 2022 NIL is a big part of most universities recruiting tactics. It's not just Kim. I'm sure being a HOF coach has a part in her landing those recruits as well.
EBored
Mulkey is good at winning and promoting her program. She can raise $100,000 from friends and boosters while she walks on the treadmill.
baylor1984
Bear3 said:

Money. Word is that Mikaylah Williams got close to $100,000 and Rosario also got a nice amount. Kim is good recruiter but NIL definitely helped her get the class she got this year.
Nobody cares how you get them just get them. It's the landscape of college athletics today so play the game or get left in the dust. And I can assure you KM has never and will never get left in the dust.
DFW Bill
baylor1984 said:

Bear3 said:

Nobody cares how you get them just get them. It's the landscape of college athletics today so play the game or get left in the dust. And I can assure you KM has never and will never get left in the dust.
Kim will probably have the #1 Recruting Class for 2023. Angel Reese was the #1 Transfer this year, now at LSU.
baylor1984
DFW Bill said:

baylor1984 said:

Bear3 said:

Kim will probably have the #1 Recruting Class for 2023. Angel Reese was the #1 Transfer this year, now at LSU.
I want to beat her because I love Baylor and she is the competition now but anybody who has followed her or knows anything about her career wouldn't be surprised at any of this. She is one of the most competitive people to play or coach in collegiate sports. She is a winner above all else and that fact is unarguable.
Brusinbear2001
I think the assistant she has Redus is a good recruiter. I believe this class of 2023 has gone to a lot of different programs and I like it because the game is growing and that's great. I am telling yall that if we can win basketball games and create an environment that is great for women's basketball our coaching staff can get some big names on the roster.
sicem45
IowaBear said:

Welcome to 2022 NIL is a big part of most universities recruiting tactics. It's not just Kim. I'm sure being a HOF coach has a part in her landing those recruits as well.
You don't need to defend her BUYING that recruiting class. Thats what recruiting has become.

Good on her. Hopefully some of those commitments are truly authentic love for the school if not they are looking at A&M Football program 2.0 where there is mass drama and exodus. Money can only do so much
Mothballs
sicem45 said:

IowaBear said:

You don't need to defend her BUYING that recruiting class. Thats what recruiting has become.

Good on her. Hopefully some of those commitments are truly authentic love for the school if not they are looking at A&M Football program 2.0 where there is mass drama and exodus. Money can only do so much

Kim's first season at LSU almost parallels her first season at Baylor (maybe even a little bit better). Kim will win at LSU and recruits will be happy. There will be a few that transfer out for various reasons but Kim will bring in better players players than the ones that leave just like she did here.
Dcheetah
That's how they got Angel and got her to cancel her visit here last minute.

Kim also has an excellent track record with Bigs and as long as that continues she will continue to get looks which augmented with NIL will get her players.
ScottS
DFW Bill said:

baylor1984 said:

Bear3 said:

How is this possible? This thread seems to indicate she is in trouble. There are quotes like this "This is a big problem for her and LSU." in this thread. So, she either is in trouble or isn't trouble. Which is it? Is it both? Is She/LSU in trouble and also not in trouble? I'm confused.
IowaBear
Putting ANY stock in anything Sicem45 says is silly. His or her agenda against Mulkey clouds their sense of reality. At this point it's just become a deep hate and a goofy hope that she fails.
Bear3
True, Kim's reputation plus NIL did get her a top recruiting class. I will be interested to see if Kim is going to play freshmen more than she did at Baylor. With the portal, I cannot see top recruits sitting on the LSU bench getting very little playing time like Nalyssa, Lauren, Queen, Sarah did at Baylor their freshman year. Even with NIL I would see a number of them leaving.

Maybe Kim will play freshmen more due to portal.
baylorbear33
While I agree that NIL $$ is a factor, that is now a factor at any school. Let's not forget the ridiculous amount of talent she brought to BU long before NIL was even a thing. Much to the dislike of a few posters, you can't keep a winner down. CKM will continue her success at LSU. Anyone who actually thinks otherwise is not really thinking at all.
Brusinbear2001
Yes, she is a great coach I mean a legend in the game, the BG situation will have an effect on some but not all. I wonder this year how the second string will be for her and the squad in the post.

You have Reese and Williams both transfers. who will it be with no Gusters other than Smith the player from Desoto? I see she has some good starters but who will the second group be? We all know that is important considering last year for us.
lookin4awin
Russell Gym said:

Regardless of all the arguments in this thread about various coaches, their successes and abilities, caring, etc., one thing I think that is fairly certain is this:

Kim Mulkey will never utter another public word about Baylor or anyone ever associated with it ever again. Might make a couple of exceptions for former assistants or players in coaching. The history of ghosting ended relationships is strong. Not defending or judging it, just pointing it out.
I agree with this. KM has made the decision to not publicly mention Baylor. My guess is that she is very troubled by BG's situation and like many of us would like for her to be back home. She may have made many non-public comments supporting BG-we don't know.
lookin4awin
ScottS said:

DFW Bill said:

baylor1984 said:

Bear3 said:

How is this possible? This thread seems to indicate she is in trouble. There are quotes like this "This is a big problem for her and LSU." in this thread. So, she either is in trouble or isn't trouble. Which is it? Is it both? Is She/LSU in trouble and also not in trouble? I'm confused.
She wins and they will come.
EBored
sicem45 said:

Kim is grade A trash of a human being. After the press conference today look for recruits to eventually start leaving. Queen Egbo and Chloe Jackson called her out for being silent.

Time to retire Kim. its over for you

This aged well. LSU will have the #1 or #2 recruiting class in the nation.
ScottS
I'm still confused....is she in trouble? Or not in trouble?
Russell Gym
ScottS said:

To whom are you referring? Did someone have to go to the principal's office?
trey3216
EBored said:

sicem45 said:

Kim is grade A trash of a human being. After the press conference today look for recruits to eventually start leaving. Queen Egbo and Chloe Jackson called her out for being silent.

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
baylor1984
trey3216 said:

EBored said:

sicem45 said:

Obviously, someone who finds the time to come post in the thread.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ScottS said:

Dude, chill. We get it. You're ticked off that Mulk left. Go buy some LSU gear and you'll be happy.

She's not in trouble. She'll still get some of the best recruits. She might win another NC. But those players will soon realize that if they say one thing the wrong way, she'll drop them like a stone. Especially when they have no more eligibility. She's not much in the forgiveness game. Must have missed that day in Sunday School.
baylorbear33
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ScottS said:

Dude, chill. We get it. You're ticked off that Mulk left. Go buy some LSU gear and you'll be happy.

She's not in trouble. She'll still get some of the best recruits. She might win another NC. But those players will soon realize that if they say one thing the wrong way, she'll drop them like a stone. Especially when they have no more eligibility. She's not much in the forgiveness game. Must have missed that day in Sunday School.

The fact that Alexis Morris is playing for her again (for the 2nd year at LSU) says otherwise. Pretty sure that is at least her third chance with CKM following her suspension and eventual dismissal from the Baylor Lady Bears several years ago.
Dcheetah
She is playing for her because she is very talented and Kim needed a PG.
DFW Bill
Dcheetah said:

She is playing for her because she is very talented and Kim needed a PG.
Morris was very good as a Baylor freshman, Kim kicked her off the team. Morris goes to Rutgers, didn't work out
then goes to Texas A&M, not good results either.

She ends up at LSU and plays great, why?????????

Maybe some of our in house experts can explain that.

Why did Bernice Mosby, Destiney Williams, Brooklyn Pope, Chloe Jackson, D Carrington, Tea Copper and others transfer to Baylor?

Was it the toxic Head Coach?

Some of you need to put down your spray cans full of hate. Think aboout why.
Dcheetah
No one is saying Kim is not an excellent coach, the point was Alexis was given a 3rd chance because Kim needed her, not out of the goodness of her heart which was alluded to earlier. And everyone can point to players that excel under a coach but there have been a number of top players that did not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.