Baylor WBB Unranked for first time since 2004

28,480 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Brusinbear2001
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baylor's 19-year run in The Associated Press women's college basketball poll is over.

The Bears had been ranked for 365 consecutive polls before falling out Monday after losing twice last week. Baylor had been in the AP Top 25 since Jan. 5, 2004, including a 21-week run at No. 1 in 2011-12.
Only Tennessee (565) and UConn (556) have had longer streaks in the 46-year history of the poll. The fifth-ranked Huskies' run in the poll is still active.

While Baylor is sitting just outside the Top 25, South Carolina continued its stay at No. 1. The Gamecocks, who were the unanimous choice again from a 28-member national media panel, have held the top spot for 30 consecutive weeks. That streak ties UConn for fourth longest all-time.
edible_waffles
Although we all knew it was coming, it is still incredibly painful

Let's get back in it with a 2-0 week!
Baylorkid
Thanks Nikki
kbrun
Incredibly SAD. Recruits will soon stop coming.
Big12Bear
To further twist the knife, Texas enters at #25, to bump us out at #26.
Olympia3
Thanks coach. Great job dropping this program in one year.

Bear3
I guess recruits will also stop coming to Louisville, Tennessee and USC since those programs are also not ranked. And Texas should also see a decline since this is the first week all season they are ranked and are barely ranked at 25 this week…
baylor1984
Winners win. It's what they do. Losers make excuses. It's what they do.
Eball
Seeing LSU sitting at #3 and with the #1 recruiting class in the fold is a tough pill to swallow.
bawitdaball
Eball said:

Seeing LSU sitting at #3 and with the #1 recruiting class in the fold is a tough pill to swallow.

To be fair, LSU hasn't played anyone. Though this last week Baylor lost two games it should have won … easily. Program is currently on life support. Nice people are nice. They don't always win. You cannot take a program from a final four contender to not even ranked in under a year. The last 18 months have been a steady stream of under performance. Painful to witness.
BCC97
Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki

It's not Nikki...It's Mack Rhoades
MrGolfguy
Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki
Ignorant post
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
MrGolfguy
Olympia3 said:

Thanks coach. Great job dropping this program in one year.

Ignorant post
Tylerbear
Hate to see the streak end - lots has changed since 2004.

BluesBear
Too soon for Kristy Wallace to return and cosch Baylor for the next 20 years.

Nikki is and will always be an awful hire. Pull the plug Mack.
Baylorkid
MrGolfguy said:

Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki
Ignorant post

Why? Who are we blaming for us dropping out of the rankings? Is she not our coach?
MrGolfguy
You really think she did it on purpose?
I suggest a name change for you to 'Mulkeykid'; far more accurate than 'Baylorkid'
Baylorkid
MrGolfguy said:

You really think she did it on purpose?
I suggest a name change for you to 'Mulkeykid'; far more accurate than 'Baylorkid'

Obviously not but c'mon man, Nikki should be winning these games! Her in game adjustments don't look good.
Bear3
A loss really brings out the posters who constantly bash Coach Nicki and compare us to LSU and discuss what could have been if Kim was still here.

If this team starts winning games, I bet you will not see one post from BaylorKid , Olympia3 and others. They only seem to show up when there is a loss…
bearmission8
I've been around since Pam Bowers days. I've enjoyed the 19 years run but just like Tennessee after Pat Summit Baylor is going to need find it self. I've been a bear most of my life nothing is going to change this. I trust in CNC Sic em
Baylorkid
Bear3 said:

A loss really brings out the posters who constantly bash Coach Nicki and compare us to LSU and discuss what could have been if Kim was still here.

If this team starts winning games, I bet you will not see one post from BaylorKid , Olympia3 and others. They only seem to show up when there is a loss…

Lol I have been supportive of Nikki and I post when we do well as well! There's this thing called life! Sometimes I don't post as much because I have 2 jobs.
Cp2310
I put this on Kim for not recruiting before she left.
Baylorkid
Bear3 said:

Besides I have. Not brought up Kim or LSU. Those are other posters who do. Look up my post history. I only recently mentioned Kim when someone blamed Kim for us not having the roster when that's a poor excuse!
drahthaar
BCC97 said:

Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki

He coaching now?
bawitdaball
Bear3 said:

I guess recruits will also stop coming to Louisville, Tennessee and USC since those programs are also not ranked. And Texas should also see a decline since this is the first week all season they are ranked and are barely ranked at 25 this week…

I don't think recruits are looking at USC as I don't remember when the last time they were ranked. And yes, I do believe that recruits will be thinking twice before singing with Tennessee after this year. Harper has been streaky with her players and in this day and age you can never be one injury away from a meltdown. Louisville is having a cultural issue. And many on the inside are likely trying to figure out what and where it went wrong. They have Hailey, so they have a leader. They also have never won a NC, so they are a bit different.
Mitch Blood Green
drahthaar said:

BCC97 said:

Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki

He coaching now?

No but he hired a professional coach when there were better fit candidates available.
baylor1984
CNC is a wonderful person who is well liked by everyone in the Athletic Dept. and by the MBB coaches...Hopefully CNC can turn into a good WBB Basketball coach as well. Would be a shame to see this program not be elite like it was for almost 2 Decades.
Lynnp550
Mitch Blood Green said:

drahthaar said:

BCC97 said:

Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki

He coaching now?

No but he hired a professional coach when there were better fit candidates available.
And you know this how?

The name of our Coach is Nicki Collen. Learn to spell her name, because she is a stellar coach and quite an amazing "get" for Baylor, whether you like Mack or not. But she sure hasn't had it easy. Last year, she took a team with no bench and won the Big 12 before their legs gave out. This year, with her recruits and transfers, our team should've been a stellar contender; instead, Sarah was still nursing that wrist when Aijha was injured, the "me first" control freak Kentucky coach refuses to sign Dre's waiver, and the way we played the last two games vs how we played prior do not make sense - unless something happened to cause the entire team to lose focus. This team is always prepared; thank you Coach Nicki.
BU71
I'm sure CNC has better things to do than worry about what fans think about her. I'm sure she will continue to coach to the best of her ability and fight to overcome the injuries, eligibility issues and youth of some very talented players. I hope she is aware that a great many loyal BU fans understand the dynamics of this season and will continue to support the WBB program, its players, and coaches.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Eball said:

I tip my hat to Kim Mulkey for much more than just her record and her wins. Should stood up for Baylor Football and Baylor University during the 2015 sexual assault ****storm when NO employees of Baylor would. She defended us and our school from rabid attacks from all over the country when not even our own Regents would. It was the beginning of the end for her. God sorts out everything. Glad to see she has so quickly gotten LSU into championship form. Self-inflicted wound by the Baylor "leadership". By God, they showed her! LOL!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
lookin4awin
Yep, she never did parrot the company line.
Mitch Blood Green
Lynnp550 said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

drahthaar said:

BCC97 said:

Baylorkid said:

Thanks Nikki

He coaching now?

And you know this how?

The name of our Coach is Nicki Collen. Learn to spell her name, because she is a stellar coach and quite an amazing "get" for Baylor, whether you like Mack or not. But she sure hasn't had it easy. Last year, she took a team with no bench and won the Big 12 before their legs gave out. This year, with her recruits and transfers, our team should've been a stellar contender; instead, Sarah was still nursing that wrist when Aijha was injured, the "me first" control freak Kentucky coach refuses to sign Dre's waiver, and the way we played the last two games vs how we played prior do not make sense - unless something happened to cause the entire team to lose focus. This team is always prepared; thank you Coach Nicki.

You can choose to be an angry Stevie Wonder if you'd like.

Sure she's amazing that doesn't mean she's a good fit for a college role. Especially a role with expectations of final 4s and championships.

Say what you will, there's a difference between how you prepare a 20 year old with finals and a 28 year old with home pressures.

What you are doing is what mediocre does. (Learn to spell it. It's only one word. Unlike Top 25, which you don't have to spell).

You are telling us all the reasons we won't win the big 12. Do you want us to believe other teams don't have obstacles?

I don't have anything against coach or AD. What I hate is when people like you put bull**** on the market and get mad when I don't buy it.

Sytia Messer should have been given the opportunity to have her name spelled with excuses.
BU82EX
All the gloom and doom, down and out'ers and glass is half empty (and leaking) folks need to take a chill pill and let CNC's future play out. If we are not a Top 10-15 program in year 4 of her tenure then perhaps you might have something to complain about. I believe our MBB team is teetering in the Top 25. I guess Scott Drew sucks and our recruiting will start to suck, etc... Take a valium and call us in 1.5 years!
baylorbear33
Cp2310 said:

I put this on Kim for not recruiting before she left.

If only I could understand this for you.
ctxbear
CNC is a great coach, but implementing a system that I think is too difficult for the many of the players we have at the moment. That's something that 3-4 years of recruiting her players can fix. If it's not fixed by year 4, then bring the doom and gloom.

Additionally, I think if she has made a mistake this year it was in the gamble she took signing Edwards, not knowing if Kentucky was going to sign off to let her play. That gamble not paying off, along with Blackwell's injury, is as much to blame for our woes this season as anything else.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.