Be on the lookout for billboards in Dallas and Waco

10,141 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ScottS
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff

Understand Dallas but Waco?
IowaBear
Probably a troll job by LSU account. Doubt there's any in Waco
woodsa75
And some on this board think Kim cares about Waco.
Bear3
Hopefully this is not true and is a troll is posting this. I would hope that neither LSU or Kim would be this classless. There are lots of negative comments about this on twitter.
gobears20
Staff
I would think it's true since the official LSU Women's Basketball Twitter account posted it

PartyBear
I have not noticed any in Waco.
Dcheetah
Smoaky confirmed it is up. Big thread about this on the premium board. Very petty. Queen has already called her out about it.
ctxbear
I think nothing says "She's in a better place for her and we are in a better place without her" than this.
parch
Forget burning bridges, she just loaded up an F-4 Phantom and napalmed it.
WacoKelly83
Who cares? I know I don't. Nothing personal just have moved on from the drama. Good luck
PartyBear
Dcheetah said:

Smoaky confirmed it is up. Big thread about this on the premium board. Very petty. Queen has already called her out about it.
Where in Waco? She is once again as I mentioned the other day getting negative attention on social media over this or at least the prospect of there being a bill board or bill boards in Waco. Mulky does not seem to be a very popular person based on social media outlets.
Leonidas
PartyBear said:

Dcheetah said:

Where in Waco? She is once again as I mentioned the other day getting negative attention on social media over this or at least the prospect of there being a bill board or bill boards in Waco. Mulky does not seem to be a very popular person based on social media outlets.
Apparently on a digital billboard at I-35 and 18th street as you are heading north -- one exit before the Baylor exit.
whitetrash
Leonidas said:

PartyBear said:

Dcheetah said:

Apparently on a digital billboard at I-35 and 18th street as you are heading north -- one exit before the Baylor exit.
Drove past there at lunch and didn't see it, but figured that was the most likely spot (it's the only digital billboard northbound on 35 before you get to campus). There's another digital board southbound just south of Waco Dr with the same rotation of ads and it may be on it as well.

My guess is that unless you either (1) have a husband who is taller than 6'10" or (2) have a goatee, a closet full of plaid sportcoats, and copious quantities of hairgel, that billboard isn't directed at you.
pilgrim
Whatever else it's about, it's about recruiting. LSU would be negligent to not take full advantage of the moment, the remarkable success of the team, Kim, and the millions of people who drive up and down I-35. Imagine how many people will be talking about it. The impact for LSU as a university is off the charts. Vic Schaefer will probably be as upset, or more upset, than some of us are.

LSU hit a mother load. When you do that you get the word out.
GrizBear
ctxbear said:

I think nothing says "She's in a better place for her and we are in a better place without her" than this.
If joyful mediocrity is your thing, then yes, we are in a better place without her.
baylorbear33
pilgrim said:

Whatever else it's about, it's about recruiting. LSU would be negligent to not take full advantage of the moment, the remarkable success of the team, Kim, and the millions of people who drive up and down I-35. Imagine how many people will be talking about it. The impact for LSU as a university is off the charts. Vic Schaefer will probably be as upset, or more upset, than some of us are.

B I N G O -- the fact that the billboards have pi$$ed off the 'good ole boy' network at Baylor is just an added bonus.
ctxbear
pilgrim said:

The greater Waco metropolitan region has 280K+ people in it.
The greater Austin region has 2.2M+.

Even factoring in I35/HWY 6 traffic on a given day, the ROI for putting this in Waco instead of somewhere else would get a marketing director demoted, at best.

This isn't about recruiting. It's about nursing a grudge.
gobears20
Staff
sicem100
I hope they put them up right outside Mack Window
whitetrash
sicem100 said:

I hope they put them up right outside Mack Window
That's on his morning commute. Unless he exits at the Circle and takes LaSalle in the back way.
GoodOleBaylorLine
interesting they didn't wait until after the national championship game. And telling
whitetrash
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

interesting they didn't wait until after the national championship game. And telling
That would require merely switching out the FF logo for a trophy.

Lamar Outdoor Advertising is based in Baton Rouge. No biggie for them to do lots of advertising for LSU. On the way to NOLA for the 2019 Sugar Bowl vs. UGa there were lots of electronic billboards that read:

"14-(Ed Orgeron's head)"

Or at least, the few billboards that weren't for Gordon McKernan or Morris Bart.

ctxbear
baylorbear33 said:

pilgrim said:

B I N G O -- the fact that the billboards have pi$$ed off the 'good ole boy' network at Baylor is just an added bonus.
I think you have an inaccurate view of what constitutes the "Good Ole Boy" network at Baylor. Half of that network doesn't give two squats about WBB and the other half are Mulkey-ites.
Mitch Henessey
I would imagine that most people who see the billboard, if they even know who Mulkey is, assume she still coaches at Baylor.

WBB doesn't move the societal needle nearly as much as people on this board have convinced themselves it does.
allybear
Ironic also that it shows Alexis Morris who was kicked off the team at Baylor because she was ARRESTED FOR ASSAULT!!!!!
IowaBear
So you don't believe in 2nd chances ?
Max Roguespierre
Clearly, Mulkey believes in second chances as long as the player can still suit up for her team and help her get some wins.

Once they have exhausted their eligibility and penned an autobiography in which she was criticized, not so much.
IowaBear
So you'll be critical if and when CNC gives a player a 2nd chance right? Other you'd be a hypocrite. As far as Morris, she's went as far as to say she needed Mulkey in her life for guidance. Don't think she'll be trashing her.
Max Roguespierre
I believe in granting second chances without looking for personal gain from doing so.

But that's not really Mulkey's modus operandi. On a loaded Baylor team Mulkey had no qualms about kicking Morris off of her team. At LSU needing scoring punch for her rebuild, Mulkey was happy to add Morris (who became a basketball nomad after she left Baylor). Of course Morris won't criticize Mulkey. Why would she? Her rehabilitation was a successful quid pro quo transaction.
MrGolfguy
So childish & petty. "Look at me! Look at me!" Reminds me of another rather childish billboard put up on I-35 by the Aggys when they moved to the SEC - 'Thou shalt not covet another schools conference" or something. So stupid. KM put herself on the same level as the Aggys, she must be proud.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
ABC BEAR
gobears20 said:

Good Stuff. We need to take this kind of thing in stride rather get defensive. Nobody complained when we razzed TCU over 61-58 and that was in good humor.

Does Mulkey still have any family in the Waco area?
Mitch Henessey
ABC BEAR said:

gobears20 said:

Good Stuff. We need to take this kind of thing in stride rather get defensive. Nobody complained when we razzed TCU over 61-58 and that was in good humor.

Does Mulkey still have any family in the Waco area?
Not sure about family, but half this board claims to be best friends with her.
WacoKelly83
Makenzie still lives here, I believe. Her husband Clay Fuller is a commercial real estate broker for Coldwell Banker in Waco. I assume they both live in Waco unless I missed them moving.
lookin4awin
PartyBear said:

Dcheetah said:

The ultimate question is does any of this "negative social media" in any way affects her recruiting and winning. Absolutely not. We can mouth off about her all we want, but she will get prize recruits and prize transfers as long as she wants to coach; she will coach them to be champions; and she will continue to grab lots of trophys. It is just who KM is-always has been-and always will be. Turning LSU into a final four team in two years, just continues the KM folklore.

This is the kind of stuff that makes for great movies. Sandra Bullock would make a great Kim Mulkey.
VaeBear
So did Mulkey know about and or autborize this?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.