Be on the lookout for billboards in Dallas and Waco

10,270 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ScottS
BUAL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TechDawgMc said:

One of these days Baylor fans are going to realize that any success Kim has at LSU is bad for Baylor. She is a direct competitor for talent. If you're still cheering for her success, you are cheering against the Bears. Heck, she's more dangerous to us than the orange team down I-35.

She left. Get over it.

Show me someone who is rooting for Kim to stick it to Baylor and I will show you a fake BU fan. Similar to American politics, it's more about finding someone to be mad with. Your country or your school don't mean much anymore. Join a team and rage.
3rdgenbear
TechDawgMc said:

One of these days Baylor fans are going to realize that any success Kim has at LSU is bad for Baylor. She is a direct competitor for talent. If you're still cheering for her success, you are cheering against the Bears. Heck, she's more dangerous to us than the orange team down I-35.

She left. Get over it.

To the contrary, how you folks can hold a grudge against our former coach, a Hall of Famer that led us to three Nat'l Championships, and more B12 championships than most can remember. She is more of a Baylor Bear than most of us combined. She taught and built champion youg ladies for over two decades. Let her go wherever she wants and cheer her on. She should always be welcome here. She's earned it.

If there is any animosity on her part, it would be at the slim minority of folks that want to tarnish her great legacy as the greatest coach in our history.

If her success surprises you or bothers you, that's your problem. If you are one of these knuckleheads that were predicting how poorly she would do, well that's plain foolish. You should have paid attention over the last twenty years.

Baylor will be a lot better for it if we can always hold Kim in a place of honor and respect. If we can appreciate the things she accomplished, we can learn from them and continue to build our WBB program.

Love seeing Alexis making positive changes in her life. I mentioned how much she needed Kim when she was suspended.

That's my two cents.
joseywales
3rdgenbear said:

TechDawgMc said:

She left. Get over it.

To the contrary, how you folks can hold a grudge against our former coach, a Hall of Famer that led us to three Nat'l Championships, and more B12 championships than most can remember. She is more of a Baylor Bear than most of us combined. She taught and built champion youg ladies for over two decades. Let her go wherever she wants and cheer her on. She should always be welcome here. She's earned it.

If there is any animosity on her part, it would be at the slim minority of folks that want to tarnish her great legacy as the greatest coach in our history.

If her success surprises you or bothers you, that's your problem. If you are one of these knuckleheads that were predicting how poorly she would do, well that's plain foolish. You should have paid attention over the last twenty years.

Baylor will be a lot better for it if we can always hold Kim in a place of honor and respect. If we can appreciate the things she accomplished, we can learn from them and continue to build our WBB program.

Love seeing Alexis making positive changes in her life. I mentioned how much she needed Kim when she was suspended.

That's my two cents.
Noone denies she is one of the top 3 womens BB coahces of all time. I have always cherished and respected her on the court accomplishments. She is an fantastic basketball coach. However this move was totally classless and indicative of her personality on a personal level. Vindictive, hateful and it is all about me. It is disgusting.
There are reasons she is not here anymore and the welcome mat was laid out for her to leave. She was so difficult on a personal level to deal with and has been for Many years. Unless you know her personally, know friends who have been in her home, know kids who grew up hanging with her kids insode her home, and know athletic department officials who worked with her then your views about how she should be respected are tainted by her on the court achievements
The worship of her and the following of her at another school is short sighted and uninformed.
We should not be rooting for her, talking about her achievements elsewhere and certainly not praising this last act which is simply a FU to Baylor and its fans. Get over it.
parch
If she didn't endorse it the post and billboard wouldn't still be up.
blackie
BBWCBear said:

It's doubtful BU will return, WBB, to it's standing it once was. Once again, that group is either happy or doesn't care. Im not cheering for Kim/LSU BECAUSE I'm Baylor, but her future and success will be going forward and BU will struggle to make the Tournament in WBB.
The last sentence above deserves to get a strong nomination for the most baseless statement on the board. It has no basis in fact. Have you even bothered to look at next year's roster that includes the return of Blackwell and Edwards, the 6'7" center recruit and the portal addition (likely to get another or two possibly)? And all but two of those are CNC's players. The lady can build a team and she can coach. Will her "name" get her any recruit she wants? Of course not. Neither did Kim's. We lost out on a lot of them. What is nice now however, is that there are a whole lot more elite players out there and available due to the growth of the sport. We'll get our share. The downside of that is addressed below.

I will agree with the first bolded statement above but only in the sense that the days of the same teams dominating year-in and year-out are on their way out, due to the parity that has finally started to come to WBB in waves. The easy path to anything past the round of 64 is over. Stanford found that out this year.

If your expectation for Baylor (with or without Mulkey) was to repeat the success over the last almost 20 years you are not looking at the landscape realistically. Look who else is not in the final four this year.....Tennessee, ND, UConn, and Stanford. The last two still had their legacy coaches. Next year the names may be different, but the premise will certainly be there. You can't ignore that up until the last few years our success since 2000 was built during a time where parity was completely missing from WBB. It was a lot easier then to get to the E8 or beyond or even to win the Big XII conference than it is today. Who breaks through each year will depend on injuries, who has put lightning in a bottle with roster additions, and who wins and loses in the portal. Getting all the stars to align for a team on a multi-year on-going basis will be extremely problematic for every school because other teams that year will have all the right ingredients for that particular season.

Do you think parity will not impact the historically elite teams? It has already happened in MBB. The same situation is now occurring with the women. We can all want and strive to achieve what we have in the past. But in doing so, it is unfair to base expectations on how things used to be. The coach today, whether NC, KM, or someone else, is not dealing with the same competitive landscape as faced in the past. It makes things harder, but just makes success feel better. I just don't see any reason for pessimism for the future of the program.
241Bear
Mac Engel from the FWST. Worth a read.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article273688180.html
slimecap
3rdgenbear said:

Love seeing Alexis making positive changes in her life.

2023 WNBA MOCK DRAFT
Update: March 31, 2023

#20 Alexis Morris
Moved up from 3rd to 2nd round

- lines.com
sicem100
BBWCBear said:

IowaBear said:

BINGO, bunch of hypocrites in this thread

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!
These sanctimonious church deacons, testosterone challenged, ultra morally superior individuals are getting it right back in their face.
I bleed green and gold and it pains me to see it displayed in our back yard, but Baylor deserves everything it's getting going back to the Pepper Hamilton debacle.

LSU, SEC, Kim couldn't give squat what our thoughtS are. As far as Kim… classless, cheap, grudges she doesn't care because she can back it up with success as she always has. There is a group that is so happy she's gone at the loss of National recognition, notoriety, etc for BU, It's doubtful BU will return, WBB, to it's standing it once was. Once again, that group is either happy or doesn't care. Im not cheering for Kim/LSU BECAUSE I'm Baylor, but her future and success will be going forward and BU will struggle to make the Tournament in WBB.
Jack Bauer
HoustonBear15 said:

PartyBear said:

What brought up her feelings about Waco Texas in her post Miami game presser? That was nice of her to mention one has to admit, if true.
The topic was brought up about being back in Texas and Kim said she was excited to be back in the state saying there were many people she would get to reconnect with. And then went on to talk about Waco some.

Her comments about coming back to Texas start around the 15 minute mark.

She said she still has a home in Waco and her grandkids live in Waco.
Dr. J
Does anyone else on this board ask the question of themselves and wonder why neither Smith, Egbo nor Bickle transferred to LSU ?
BBWCBear
blackie said:

BBWCBear said:

It's doubtful BU will return, WBB, to it's standing it once was. Once again, that group is either happy or doesn't care. Im not cheering for Kim/LSU BECAUSE I'm Baylor, but her future and success will be going forward and BU will struggle to make the Tournament in WBB.
The last sentence above deserves to get a strong nomination for the most baseless statement on the board. It has no basis in fact. Have you even bothered to look at next year's roster that includes the return of Blackwell and Edwards, the 6'7" center recruit and the portal addition (likely to get another or two possibly)? And all but two of those are CNC's players. The lady can build a team and she can coach. Will her "name" get her any recruit she wants? Of course not. Neither did Kim's. We lost out on a lot of them. What is nice now however, is that there are a whole lot more elite players out there and available due to the growth of the sport. We'll get our share. The downside of that is addressed below.

I will agree with the first bolded statement above but only in the sense that the days of the same teams dominating year-in and year-out are on their way out, due to the parity that has finally started to come to WBB in waves. The easy path to anything past the round of 64 is over. Stanford found that out this year.

If your expectation for Baylor (with or without Mulkey) was to repeat the success over the last almost 20 years you are not looking at the landscape realistically. Look who else is not in the final four this year.....Tennessee, ND, UConn, and Stanford. The last two still had their legacy coaches. Next year the names may be different, but the premise will certainly be there. You can't ignore that up until the last few years our success since 2000 was built during a time where parity was completely missing from WBB. It was a lot easier then to get to the E8 or beyond or even to win the Big XII conference than it is today. Who breaks through each year will depend on injuries, who has put lightning in a bottle with roster additions, and who wins and loses in the portal. Getting all the stars to align for a team on a multi-year on-going basis will be extremely problematic for every school because other teams that year will have all the right ingredients for that particular season.

Do you think parity will not impact the historically elite teams? It has already happened in MBB. The same situation is now occurring with the women. We can all want and strive to achieve what we have in the past. But in doing so, it is unfair to base expectations on how things used to be. The coach today, whether NC, KM, or someone else, is not dealing with the same competitive landscape as faced in the past. It makes things harder, but just makes success feel better. I just don't see any reason for pessimism for the future of the program.

I'll stand by, live or die by my statement. No question parity is playing a role. BU can have a stellar line up, depth, talent, etc. Not really a comparison, but an example… Texas, football. My point is… the despicable defense and GOD AWFUL passing will overcome talent.You have a team that was used to and coached to play Defense and skilled passing and in one season it went straight to excrement. Kim has NINE NEW PLAYERS and is playing in the Championship game. ALL I expected was good defense and passing knowing we weren't going very far this year. COACHING!!!! If I'm wrong about my last highlighted statement so be it, but my gut tells me I'm not too wrong.

Summit: "Offense sells tickets, DEFENSE wins games, rebounds win championships".
ABC BEAR
joseywales said:

3rdgenbear said:

TechDawgMc said:

She left. Get over it.

That's my two cents.
Noone denies she is one of the top 3 womens BB coahces of all time. I have always cherished and respected her on the court accomplishments. She is an fantastic basketball coach. However this move was totally classless and indicative of her personality on a personal level. Vindictive, hateful and it is all about me. It is disgusting.
There are reasons she is not here anymore and the welcome mat was laid out for her to leave. She was so difficult on a personal level to deal with and has been for Many years. Unless you know her personally, know friends who have been in her home, know kids who grew up hanging with her kids insode her home, and know athletic department officials who worked with her then your views about how she should be respected are tainted by her on the court achievements
The worship of her and the following of her at another school is short sighted and uninformed.
We should not be rooting for her, talking about her achievements elsewhere and certainly not praising this last act which is simply a FU to Baylor and its fans. Get over it.
Sometime in the future when we have a football coach win 3 national titles.....well I hope we don't put up with him either.
historian
ctxbear said:

pilgrim said:

Whatever else it's about, it's about recruiting. LSU would be negligent to not take full advantage of the moment, the remarkable success of the team, Kim, and the millions of people who drive up and down I-35. Imagine how many people will be talking about it. The impact for LSU as a university is off the charts. Vic Schaefer will probably be as upset, or more upset, than some of us are.

LSU hit a mother load. When you do that you get the word out.

The greater Waco metropolitan region has 280K+ people in it.
The greater Austin region has 2.2M+.

Even factoring in I35/HWY 6 traffic on a given day, the ROI for putting this in Waco instead of somewhere else would get a marketing director demoted, at best.

This isn't about recruiting. It's about nursing a grudge.

It's petty & classless. Best response is to ignore it & focus on Baylor.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Good article.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ScottS
F the billboard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.