Roster 3, 4/25/23

6,216 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by baylorbear33
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz
SicEmJB03
Pretty stout
BaylorBears_254
fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

Starters are looking like

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

I think Andrews and Blackwell are penciled in as starters, while every other position is open, but i find it hard to think that Felder and Walker were brought in to come off the bench.
blueeyedbear
BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

I think Andrews and Blackwell are penciled in as starters, while every other position is open, but i find it hard to think that Felder and Walker were brought in to come off the bench.
PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

I have a feeling one more commitment is to come yet, which will change the forecast significantly
Dcheetah
sizzles0
Denae y'all. Two E's.
Like the letter E. But with
Another E. Y'all

Thank you for listening to my haiku
slimecap
sizzles0 said:

Thank you for listening to my haiku
Luv it! Welcome to the Forum.
BaylorBears_254
blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

I have a feeling one more commitment is to come yet, which will change the forecast significantly

If we take 1 more commitment, surely someone else will have to transfer out. There just won't be enough PT to go around.

Unless one of these transfers don't meet expectations, adding another impact transfer will for sure push someone out the door.
Leonidas
blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

I can see Denae starting or splitting time with Bella at the 3, and Felder coming off the bench. CNC said a few times that she would prefer Bella at the 3 next year, and I continue to hope we only have 2 of the shorter guards on the floor at the same time - thus letting Walker, Andrews and Felder rotate through the two guard positions. Otherwise, what you have looks good to me except I'm not sure why you have Blackwell listed as a situational sub.

Noted that your "feeling" could change things up a bit. Regardless, there should be a lot of competition for starting and primary rotation roles next year, and a lot of flexibility for CNC to deploy different lineups as games progress next year.
Brusinbear2001
I think right now the lineup would look like this if it was my team.

Pg Sarah
Sg Jada
Sf Bella
Pf Aijha
C Dre

SUBS
Buggs mainly 4 but could be 3
Yaya any guard spot
Madison the 4 or 5
Denae 2 or 3

This gives the players like Jana, Cat, Kyla, and Lety time to
develop. If even 1 of these players can make a huge leap this summer in Developing we become crazy deep.

We have 3 of the 5 Big 12 freshmen team members on our team now. They all can play the 2,3 and 4 spots collectively. We have a nucleus going forward. When you look at the class alignments it is becoming more balanced with youth and experience. We have players on this roster that we can play against so many styles and be effective with it. We are going to be a sleeper team but when you watch these transfers play they ALL HAVE HEART and love the game in their own way and that is what Coach Nicki said in the introduction press conference was she wanted players that loved basketball to play here. I am excited for next season it could be a STATEMENT YEAR for Nicki and the staff. SIC EM
blueeyedbear
Leonidas said:

blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

I can see Denae starting or splitting time with Bella at the 3, and Felder coming off the bench. CNC said a few times that she would prefer Bella at the 3 next year, and I continue to hope we only have 2 of the shorter guards on the floor at the same time - thus letting Walker, Andrews and Felder rotate through the two guard positions. Otherwise, what you have looks good to me except I'm not sure why you have Blackwell listed as a situational sub.

Noted that your "feeling" could change things up a bit. Regardless, there should be a lot of competition for starting and primary rotation roles next year, and a lot of flexibility for CNC to deploy different lineups as games progress next year.
I have Aijah as a situational sub because of her proven ability to play any of 5 "positions" making her flexibly to fit in no matter if Nicki goes big, goes small, goes to full court press !!!!

I do not see another commit as a trigger that someone else will transfer - Its possible, depending on the position the next commit plays but I think the player everyone thinks will transfer is realistic and knows the WNBA is not in her future, so her ego is not a factor in any decision.
Big guy
So no BUGGS playing time for any of ya'll ???
Lynnp550
fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz
DEnae, Thanks.
Brusinbear2001
i definitely see Buggs being a big spark off the bench for sure I think she is the 6 man on this team. She was very effective in that role. She is able to use her speed on tired opponents, and usually the sub 4 is not as strong weightroom strong as the starter.

I think Bella will have enough experience to be able to be a great 3 for us. She can rebound and score. I just see Buggs being our spark for sure!! But she will get her minutes!
blueeyedbear
Big guy said:

So no BUGGS playing time for any of ya'll ???
DLB IS BUGGS
Baylorbearsupporter
PG- Jada walker (yaya felder)
SG- Sarah andrews (Denae) (Jana)
F- Aijha Blackwell. (BUGGS) (Cat)
F- Dreuna edwards (Bella)
C- Madison Bartley (Kyla) (LETY)

My lineup and what I see them all playing, I see yaya in the starting lineup but it's hard to split between Sarah,Jada, and Yaya. Also Denae can play the 2 or the 3. I can't wait for this season, we're so stacked.
Lynnp550
blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

You know I'm pretty much with you all the way, but when you leave Buggs out of the lineup it does kinda decrease your credibility.
blueeyedbear
Lynnp550 said:

blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

You know I'm pretty much with you all the way, but when you leave Buggs out of the lineup it does kinda decrease your credibility.
DLB is BUGGS !!!! My credibility is intact - thank you very much !
blueeyedbear
Brusinbear2001 said:

I think right now the lineup would look like this if it was my team.

Pg Sarah
Sg Jada
Sf Bella
Pf Aijha
C Dre

SUBS
Buggs mainly 4 but could be 3
Yaya any guard spot
Madison the 4 or 5
Denae 2 or 3

This gives the players like Jana, Cat, Kyla, and Lety time to
develop. If even 1 of these players can make a huge leap this summer in Developing we become crazy deep.

We have 3 of the 5 Big 12 freshmen team members on our team now. They all can play the 2,3 and 4 spots collectively. We have a nucleus going forward. When you look at the class alignments it is becoming more balanced with youth and experience. We have players on this roster that we can play against so many styles and be effective with it. We are going to be a sleeper team but when you watch these transfers play they ALL HAVE HEART and love the game in their own way and that is what Coach Nicki said in the introduction press conference was she wanted players that loved basketball to play here. I am excited for next season it could be a STATEMENT YEAR for Nicki and the staff. SIC EM
"I am excited for next season it could be a STATEMENT YEAR for Nicki and the staff".

Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!
Lynnp550
blueeyedbear said:

Lynnp550 said:

blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

Just messin' with ya….
blueeyedbear
Lynnp550 said:

blueeyedbear said:

Lynnp550 said:

blueeyedbear said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

fredbear said:

Yaya Felder
Sarah Andrews
Letycia Vasconcelos
Madison Bartley
Aijha Blackwell
Jada Walker
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Catarina Ferreira
Bella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Dre'Una Edwards
Danae Fritz

PG- Andrews
SG- Felder
SG- Walker
PF- Edwards
C- Blackwell

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

Just messin' with ya….
GOT ME !!!!!
BearTiger
Love this list of 13 players for next season. Talented looking group. Don't sleep on Baylor next season. Looks like Coach filled all the holes and will have them ready next season. But 13 players normally too many on the roster. 5 will start avg 33-35 minutes, 3-4 rotating from the bench normally avg 8-10 minutes. The rest will be bench warmers in sweatsuits who may play 2 minutes at the end during a blowout. If you do the numbers, total 40 minutes in the game, 5 starters avg 33-35 minutes, and 20-28 total minutes left to spread around the 3-4 rotating bench players. Not enough minutes to spread around among 8 players on the bench.
BellevilleBear
blueeyedbear said:

PG - Walker
SG - Felder
SG- Andrews
PF- Blackwell - Edwards
C - Edwards - Blackwell

2nd Wave
PG - Andrews
SG - Danae F.
PF- DLB
PF- Bella
C - Madison

Situational Subs
PG- Jana
SG- Catarina
PF- Blackwell
PF- Kyla
C - Letycia

Please elaborate on your last sentence. I noticed Dcheetah's reply as well.
Adriacus Peratuun
Core Rotation (averaging 15+ mpg):

Starters: Andrews, Walker, Blackwell, Edwards, Bartley
Subs: Felder [or new Portal], Buggs, Fontleroy

Secondary Rotation (averaging 7-14 mpg):

Portal Guard (or Felder), Abraham or Vasconcelos

Deep Bench:

Van Gytenbeek, Ferreira, Abraham or Vasconcelos

Do expect one more portal guard, highly needed.
Expect designated situational units [small ball against press, big against size, shooter against paint packing D, finish quarters O, finish quarters D, etc.]
Load management practices will be utilized extensively
Minute limitations will be real
Medical history will play a big part in load management processes
Benching as teaching tool is back [finally have numbers to sit players to get their attention]
Will be shocked if any player averages over 28 mpg, and if more than 2 players average over 26 mpg.
No longer killed on boards. Transition O returns as rebounding improves.

Players better be ready to fight for their minutes.
Brusinbear2001
CNC has to be one of the best at load management because of what she had to do in the WNBA. I think now having the depth to distribute more of the load is huge for us. We went into the portal and got quality people to fill our holes. And every single one will have the opportunity to be back for another year. I am seeing a lot more balance, we have the space now for Joyce Edwards or Justice Carolton with Dre and Aijha both leaving. Like I can just see the vision and it is looking like something that can be sustained for a long period of time!

The minutes are going to be interesting and I think it all depends on how the summer and everything plays out! It will be an offseason battle but that will only make us elevate!!
Polarbear
AP - you're saying you expect one more portal guard, highly needed. I also don't see Denae Fritz in your rotation.

Are you saying that we need one more portal guard in addition to Fritz, or is Fritz the additional portal guard you feel we need?
Adriacus Peratuun
Polarbear said:

AP - you're saying you expect one more portal guard, highly needed. I also don't see Denae Fritz in your rotation.

Are you saying that we need one more portal guard in addition to Fritz, or is Fritz the additional portal guard you feel we need?
Her. Sinus meds…….forgot that she had announced.
BearTiger
AP, last season our top 5 starters avg 26-35 min per game, and they avg 8-14 points. Maybe Coach will change her strategy this season and take away minutes from the 5 starters (the best players on the floor) and give less minutes per game and give the rest of the minutes to the bench. If the games are close less than 10 points, will Coach take away minutes from the 5 starters? Just thinking out loud why Coach will do this.
Adriacus Peratuun
BearTiger said:

AP, last season our top 5 starters avg 26-35 min per game, and they avg 8-14 points. Maybe Coach will change her strategy this season and take away minutes from the 5 starters (the best players on the floor) and give less minutes per game and give the rest of the minutes to the bench. If the games are close less than 10 points, will Coach take away minutes from the 5 starters? Just thinking out loud why Coach will do this.

Because each of her two seasons the team arrived in post-season with dead legs. Hard to load manage when the roster is tiny. She had to play her best players to reach post season but that need left them wiped out.
Bearprof
Significantly improved roster. Very impressive after being gutted re: depth two years ago. If Blackwell is healthy, this team could make a deep run next year. Expecting an Elite Eight at worst. Would love to have an experienced 5. Then Edwards could play the 4, Blackwell the 3, and then so on. Lots of experienced depth in the backcourt.
BearTiger
That is probably strength and conditioning issue if they are tired in the 4th quarter. So if you were Coach N, and the game is close less than 5 points, would you advise her to take out some of the starters and replace them with the bench players (backups)? The 5 starters are usually the best players on the team.
Adriacus Peratuun
BearTiger said:

That is probably strength and conditioning issue if they are tired in the 4th quarter. So if you were Coach N, and the game is close less than 5 points, would you advise her to take out some of the starters and replace them with the bench players (backups)? The 5 starters are usually the best players on the team.

Your name reveals your bias.

Stop the nonsense. Fatigue can be game fatigue or season fatigue. There is a reason that every NBA team employs a load management plan. To pretend that it is a coaching fail is utterly stupid. Move on to Red Stick with your girl. Baylor deserves real fans loyal to the school and program.
Dcheetah
We are also using the same strength and conditioning expert Kim used for many years.
BU71
BearTiger said:

I see this as a strength of roster issue. We now have a more talented, more experienced roster. CNC wants to play more up tempo and I think she has to roster to do it and keep everyone's legs relatively fresh all year. I think we will be a high scoring team as well. We will be in the running for a B12 title and with strong guard play we will be able to make a good showing in the NCAA Tournament.
Lynnp550
2023-24 BAYLOR WOMEN'S BASKETBALL ROSTER

Sarah Andrews 5'6" Sr
Jana Van Gytenbeek 5'7" Sr
Jada Walker 5'7" Soph
Yaya Felder 5'8" Jr
Aijha Blackwell 5'11" Sr
Denae Fritz 5'11" Soph
Dre'Una Edwards 6'0" Sr
Catarina Ferreira 6'0" Sr
Bella Fontleroy 6'0" Soph
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs 6'1" Soph
Kyla Abraham 6'3" Soph
Madison Bartley 6'3" Sr
Letycia Vasconcelos 6'7" Fr

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.