WAPO working on an article about Mulkey??

8,869 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Method Man
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WacoKelly83
NIL related? Hmmm????
ctxbear
WacoKelly83 said:

NIL related? Hmmm????
Doubtful. We are in the Wild West with NIL now. I can't imagine anyone getting dinged in the media for something where there are unclear rules about.

I would guess it is more likely MAGA-related.
ctxbear
ctxbear said:

WacoKelly83 said:

NIL related? Hmmm????
Doubtful. We are in the Wild West with NIL now. I can't imagine anyone getting dinged in the media for something where the rules are so unclear.

I would guess it is more likely MAGA-related.
BUVA
WAPO trashed her after the 2012 Natty. She self-penalized after getting rapped on the knuckles by the NCAA about unauthorized texts to recruits. Next year, the rule disappeared. WAPO made her look like a cheater and questioned what else she might have done.
joseywales
it has to with verbal abuse and or locker room violence.
fredbear
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/2024/03/11/kim-mulkey-sec-dawn-staley/7c38d5c2-dfe7-11ee-95aa-7384336086f3_story.html

Found this one recently. I'm no blind follower of Kim's, and she certainly does not know how to get out of her own way. Trump-like in that regard, but this article reaches way back to blame Kim for ancient history at BU. I call it,"desperate for a story so let's dig up ancient skeletons that no longer have any meat on them." The writer seems somewhat obsessed with KM in an unhealthy way. Odd.
MrGolfguy
fredbear said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/2024/03/11/kim-mulkey-sec-dawn-staley/7c38d5c2-dfe7-11ee-95aa-7384336086f3_story.html

Found this one recently. I'm no blind follower of Kim's, and she certainly does not know how to get out of her own way. Trump-like in that regard, but this article reaches way back to blame Kim for ancient history at BU. I call it,"desperate for a story so let's dig up ancient skeletons that no longer have any meat on them." The writer seems somewhat obsessed with KM in an unhealthy way. Odd.
That 'hit piece' was in the WacoTrib last Tuesday.
BUMBA1
IowaBear
This is just BS on part of the Washington Post. Kim has her flaws but this feels like a witch hunt
BUMBA1
IowaBear said:

This is just BS on part of the Washington Post. Kim has her flaws but this feels like a witch hunt

I agree. Longer video with more context:

PartyBear
She actually looks like a defensive bxxch. I'm not sure she tore the Wapo to shreds. I have no idea what this rumored story is about.
boognish_bear
IowaBear
If you listened to her you would know what this report is supposedly about. She doesn't look defensive at all. She looks like a person calling out media BS. She had former players come to her telling her the post had reached out to them for slandering quotes.
Wouldn't you defend yourself?
Like I said Mulkey has her flaws, everyone does. But this piece at least from what we can see so far looks like nothing more than a dumb attempt to slander
boognish_bear
PartyBear
Working 2 years on a story? Could it be about why she really was somewhat ousted from Baylor? Perhaps there was alot more to that than we all thought???

I thought I did listen to her. I didn't hear anything about what the sort was about. Unless I heard a short version of her statement. I don't care to hear a long rant. Can someone who thinks they know just state what she said the story regards?
boognish_bear
Live feed of Mack Rhoades at home in Waco

drahthaar
PartyBear said:

Working 2 years on a story? Could it be about why she really was somewhat ousted from Baylor? Perhaps there was alot more to that than we all thought???

I thought I did listen to her. I didn't hear anything about what the sort was about. Unless I heard a short version of her statement. I don't care to hear a long rant. Can someone who thinks they know just state what she said the story regards?
The "reporter" has been working for two years to get a story from Mulkey with no success, so he's worked at getting a story "about" Milky. That is the "story", and he's miffed that he's been spurned, as one might say. Now, she mad, which isn't a good thing.

Tempest and the teapot, it seems at this point.

And I don't care what the AD thinks about anything.
boognish_bear
PartyBear
drahthaar said:

PartyBear said:

The "reporter" has been working for two years to get a story from Mulkey with no success, so he's worked at getting a story "about" Milky. That is the "story", and he's miffed that he's been spurned, as one might say. Now, she mad, which isn't a good thing.

Tempest and the teapot, it seems at this point.

And I don't care what the AD thinks about anything.

Sounds to me they have the story and they have given her a deadline to give them her side to also include in the story.

The PR disaster she has been since she left (I know she had PR issues here as well but she but she seems to be worse at PR now), Rhoades seems to have lucked out by letting her walk.
Big12Fan2024
This is actually funny. What end result is the Washington Post seeking? They think if they attempt to expose or embarrass her that LSU will fire her? That the LSU fanbase will drop her? That the people of Louisiana will hate her? All anything like that will do is to cause LSU, the fanbase and the entire state to circle the wagons for her even more!
EvilTroyAndAbed
IowaBear said:

If you listened to her you would know what this report is supposedly about. She doesn't look defensive at all. She looks like a person calling out media BS. She had former players come to her telling her the post had reached out to them for slandering quotes.
Wouldn't you defend yourself?
Like I said Mulkey has her flaws, everyone does. But this piece at least from what we can see so far looks like nothing more than a dumb attempt to slander

I'm fairly certain a reporter did not approach former players and ask for slandering quotes. Anyreporter worth their salt doesn't seek out slandering quotes. It would be … wait for it … slander.

And threatening to sue sounds kind of shady, especially if you haven't read the story. People who are truly slandered wait until the story is printed and then sue, usually without histrionics.
Bear3
Whatever the Washington Post story is about, I am just thankful Baylor doesn't have to deal with it after it is published. I am very grateful for what Kim did for Baylor Wbb but I cannot tell you how happy I am to have Nicki as our coach and face of our Wbb program !!!!!
CizzLark
Bear3 said:

Whatever the Washington Post story is about, I am just thankful Baylor doesn't have to deal with it after it is published. I am very grateful for what Kim did for Baylor Wbb but I cannot tell you how happy I am to have Nicki as our coach and face of our Wbb program !!!!!

You say that, but watch us take heat from something mentioned in it.
fredbear
I've been very critical of Kim at times. Just ask Iowabear. She is egotistical, self-centered, and, at times, obnoxious. But this type of dig up old bones journalism has no place in major newspapers. I'm with Kim and Iowabear on this one. Hope she owns the Washington Post before it's over, and the hack job, sneaky writer moves over to the National Inquirer where he belongs. This piece will not help BU either. Sounds like a desperate writer playing his last card.
PartyBear
You don't want to read the story before you defend her? I think it off she is afraid to give them her side of whatever the topic is but is threatening to sue them if they publish what they have.

Btw she is a public figure. She will lose her suit she is threatening. I also doubt her "best defamation lawyers in America have been hired and ready to go" is anything but bluster.
blackie
fredbear said:

I've been very critical of Kim at times. Just ask Iowabear. She is egotistical, self-centered, and, at times, obnoxious. But this type of dig up old bones journalism has no place in major newspapers. I'm with Kim and Iowabear on this one. Hope she owns the Washington Post before it's over, and the hack job, sneaky writer moves over to the National Inquirer where he belongs. This piece will not help BU either. Sounds like a desperate writer playing his last card.
Should we not wait to see what the article actually says before we try to assess what is truth and what is not? So tired from politics of seeing judgements made before the fact and then come to find out they were based on untruths, speculation, or just pushing an agenda none of which ended up being the truth.
fredbear
Article in wacotrib was hack job by same writer. We have already tasted his dish, don't have to wonder about take two. And if you don't think Kim is a certified street fighter, you so not know her very well. No bluff in her at all.
PartyBear
What are you talking about Fred? When did this WaPo reporter work for the Trib? I don't think he did and I don't remember an unflattering story about her in the Trib here?
fredbear
See top of thread. I posted the article, was told it was also in wtrib. No matter where it was, it is a sample of his trash. Wacotrib carries many articles not written by their small staff.
PartyBear
I can't read the story but she did respond idiotically to the fight with South Carolina. I still don't know what the WaPo is working on but KM sounds like she knows she has problems that are about to drop and further she is acting like they are big problems.
fredbear
I agree that Kim knows. This will not be positive for BU either.
boognish_bear
Let's just hope whatever they bring up it does not drag Baylor's name through the mud again. We've been on kind of a nice streak of staying out of negative headlines.

whitetrash
fredbear said:

Article in wacotrib was hack job by same writer. We have already tasted his dish, don't have to wonder about take two. And if you don't think Kim is a certified street fighter, you so not know her very well. No bluff in her at all.

Paul Newberry is the reporter on the hack job article in the 3/12 Trib. Listed as an AP writer. Put Dawn Staley on a pedestal for her reaction to Cardozo thugging it up, while making sure to mention the events of 2003 and 2016 around here as evidence against Kim for defending her players in the SC brawl and defending Baylor in 2016.
boognish_bear
The WSJ is scooping the WAPO.

WSJ reports that BU BOR told them KM shot Tupac.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.