WAPO working on an article about Mulkey??

8,881 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by Method Man
osogreen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Heck, I can't wait to read it now.

I'm sure WaPo is thanking Kim for the publicity.
sizzles0
Streisand effect.

Can't wait to read the article. And, you know, form my own opinion then.
Leonidas
osogreen said:

Maybe the most read article from WaPo in Louisiana ever, as well as central Texas
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Leonidas said:

osogreen said:

Maybe the most read article from WaPo in Louisiana ever, as well as central Texas

I think it will be 4th to 5th for Centex.
Jack Bauer
Method Man said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

PartyBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Bear3 said:

Whatever the Washington Post story is about, I am just thankful Baylor doesn't have to deal with it after it is published. I am very grateful for what Kim did for Baylor Wbb but I cannot tell you how happy I am to have Nicki as our coach and face of our Wbb program !!!!!

Don't mean to water your fire but whatever the story is it will have a significant trail though our campus.

And if it does or doesn't, it will probably make most Baylor folks glad she isn't associated with the school anymore. She is imitating Maga and using that political play book though so on this site there will be a disproportionate number who back her no matter what.

I'm not one of them. I loved Big12 championships, Hosting the tournament, Elite 8 appearances and National Championships.

I can't measure the hypocritical moral high ground.
This describes me 100%.

Coach Mulkey never embarrassed me when she was standing up for Baylor or winning those National Titles.

The MAGA slurs (does anyone have any proof of Mulkey's political leanings? The only thing I've ever heard her say remotely political was that Obama was the smartest POTUS we ever had) are really anger by the leftist media that a non-lesbian woman has had a tremendous amount of success at a Christian school were our players weren't free to be full blown LGTBQ activist.

Mulkey then goes to another school and wins the National Title within two years.
The media can't have this woman continuing to have success by not bowing down to Gay people so they now have to smear her, and her program.

I'll bet you any amount of money the crux of the WAPO article will be that "Griner wasn't allowed to be herself at Baylor" because of that mean, evil racist, homophobic, white woman from the Deep South.

Yes, I would bet the WaPo article is going to be about Britney Griner not allowed to be publicly gay at Baylor.

What else do they have on Kim that has not already been public.

This is like hiring Bobby Knight and then being shocked he is an old-fashioned, blunt, to the point coach.

Kim Mulkey has never changed who she has been and never will. LSU knew that.
Bear3
If the article is about Brittney Griner, that is very old news. Many articles have been published about the relationship between Brittney and Kim. I will be surprised is article is about that.

Jack Bauer
Bear3 said:

If the article is about Brittney Griner, that is very old news. Many articles have been published about the relationship between Brittney and Kim. I will be surprised is article is about that.

I'm just dumfounded - what do they have to publish?

A bunch of formers players are gonna say she was mean to them and yelled at them??

I don't think Kim gives 2 ****s about her player's sexual orientation and Britney Griner is 33 years old, she doesn't need Kim to be her guardian.

BluesBear
joseywales said:

it has to with verbal abuse and or locker room violence.
Kids are so soft these days....
bawitdaball
Mulkey has always been very selective on her interviews. She really only talks when she knows the point of the story and can control the narrative. Fluff pieces of sorts. Her turning down the interview was likely expected.

I feel it will likely do with recruiting or locker room treatment. Defamation wouldn't really apply to many things outside of accusations she did or said to others.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BluesBear said:

joseywales said:

Yeah, remember the good old days when a coach throw basketballs at kids' heads to get them to learn. I wonder why that never really worked.
blackie
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

BluesBear said:

joseywales said:

Yeah, remember the good old days when a coach throw basketballs at kids' heads to get them to learn. I wonder why that never really worked.
Or when football coaches worked out players in essentially a desert with no room for water breaks.
Jack Bauer
We've already seen this story..

juliejay84
Method Man said:

PartyBear said:

I can't read the story but she did respond idiotically to the fight with South Carolina. I still don't know what the WaPo is working on but KM sounds like she knows she has problems that are about to drop and further she is acting like they are big problems.
Party Bear,

I don't know what the article is going to be about...but I have a guess. The media hates Kim Mulkey because she had all this success at Baylor without bowing down to the gay mafia.

Gay Mafia ? Right…. Those evil gays there they go again
Tylerbear
SMack said:

Kim Mulkey was one of only two people to defend Baylor publicly during the sexual assault scandal. The leadership of the university refused to defend the institution.

I will always feel indebted to her for that.
I 100% agree. Except I don't know who the other person was.
Kim will always be a hero to me because of that.
Bone Squad
Tylerbear said:

SMack said:

Kim Mulkey was one of only two people to defend Baylor publicly during the sexual assault scandal. The leadership of the university refused to defend the institution.

I think the other he is referring to is Jim Grobe.
SMack
Bone Squad said:

Tylerbear said:

SMack said:

I think the other he is referring to is Jim Grobe.

Yes, that's right.
Method Man
Method Man said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

PartyBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Bear3 said:

Whatever the Washington Post story is about, I am just thankful Baylor doesn't have to deal with it after it is published. I am very grateful for what Kim did for Baylor Wbb but I cannot tell you how happy I am to have Nicki as our coach and face of our Wbb program !!!!!

Don't mean to water your fire but whatever the story is it will have a significant trail though our campus.

And if it does or doesn't, it will probably make most Baylor folks glad she isn't associated with the school anymore. She is imitating Maga and using that political play book though so on this site there will be a disproportionate number who back her no matter what.

I'm not one of them. I loved Big12 championships, Hosting the tournament, Elite 8 appearances and National Championships.

I can't measure the hypocritical moral high ground.
This describes me 100%.

Coach Mulkey never embarrassed me when she was standing up for Baylor or winning those National Titles.

The MAGA slurs (does anyone have any proof of Mulkey's political leanings? The only thing I've ever heard her say remotely political was that Obama was the smartest POTUS we ever had) are really anger by the leftist media that a non-lesbian woman has had a tremendous amount of success at a Christian school were our players weren't free to be full blown LGTBQ activist.

Mulkey then goes to another school and wins the National Title within two years.
The media can't have this woman continuing to have success by not bowing down to Gay people so they now have to smear her, and her program.

I'll bet you any amount of money the crux of the WAPO article will be that "Griner wasn't allowed to be herself at Baylor" because of that mean, evil racist, homophobic, white woman from the Deep Sout
h.
I told yall.
Mulkey is in a no win situation because the media is attempting to crucify her for Baylor's stance on homosexuality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.