We're in the Sweet Sixteen

7,196 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by BU71
Brusinbear2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that is actually wild!! Maybe Strack enters the portal and we get her as our big. that would be wild.
Bear3
Yes! She would be very good! . I definitely think you will see some transfers
From that team.
Task Force 2015
Brusinbear must be in marketing.That is the basketball sales pitch that I expect to be made.And,for those Bigs who care about academics,BU is first rate.
Brusinbear2001
im not on the team, i do not even go to Baylor just grew up in Waco and love the team!!
BearTiger
Tidbit--we are in elite company:

Baylor holds the fourth-longest active streak in the country in consecutive NCAA appearances behind Tennessee (42), Stanford (36) and UConn (35).
MrGolfguy
16th SWEET 16
Threebears
These Bears and the coaches deserve a lot of credit. This season was not a smooth ride, but we beat Utah, Texas, and VirginiaTech and made the Sweet Sixteen. That's a really good season, and it gives us hope for as good or better next year.
Wbbfan365
Miami, Oregon, vanderbilt, west Virginia twice
Brusinbear2001
if we can execute we can win!!! I just feel it, we have a team full of players that are over looked, that aren't anyone's first choice, but i can say we have fighters.

look at Jada last weekend it was the Amoore show and look who had the game of her life. we are due for a Sarah takeover!! Madison could also be HUGE if she can find that 3 point shot!!
thales
i'm sure the km talk will die down a bit after nikki wins a couple of titles
historian
Even if she gets three, it probably won't happen.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wbbfan365
Im sorry but i do not want to see Madison play against that team they are way too physical for her. Marshall would do her so bad.
BearTiger
If Strack transfers, it will be to follow Kenny Brooks at Kentucky. She was supposed to be Kitley's replacement. As a frosh, she looked very good while Kitley was out with torn ACL.
Brusinbear2001
i'm sure it's very unlikely we never put her on Strack but i was just trying to think of different options that could throw USC for loop
Dcheetah
Brusinbear2001
a big win today could change the trajectory of the program big time!!
blackie
Brusinbear2001 said:

It certainly would, and a loss is not going to derail anything. Although I'm sure the haters (I don't like the word, but I think it fits) will be coming here hot and heavy for what reason or agenda, I don't know. Nothing the staff or team does will ever be good enough for them.

It is an opportunity, a situation where for once, Baylor is the team with nothing to lose. And apparently the odds makers think more of our team than some of our posters who want to dwell on the past and make comparisons to the past. USC is only a 3.5 point favorite, lower than either Duke against UConn or Colorado against Iowa. The program has taken a significant step this year and positioned itself to be seen more positively by recruits or portal targets.

That said, go beat this team!
Bear3
Agree with this post. It would be huge for program to get the win today and I definitely think we have a chance.

However if we lose, this team was in the top 25 all year and got to the Sweet 16 in Nicki's 3rd year, Our program is on the rise and recruits will notice.
historian
blackie said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

It certainly would, and a loss is not going to derail anything. Although I'm sure the haters (I don't like the word, but I think it fits) will be coming here hot and heavy for what reason or agenda, I don't know. Nothing the staff or team does will ever be good enough for them.

It is an opportunity, a situation where for once, Baylor is the team with nothing to lose. And apparently the odds makers think more of our team than some of our posters who want to dwell on the past and make comparisons to the past. USC is only a 3.5 point favorite, lower than either Duke against UConn or Colorado against Iowa. The program has taken a significant step this year and positioned itself to be seen more positively by recruits or portal targets.

Those haters might very well be trolls. If they are overly negative about Baylor, especially if it's over the top criticism, then they should be ignored.
blackie
historian said:

blackie said:

Brusinbear2001 said:

Those haters might very well be trolls. If they are overly negative about Baylor, especially if it's over the top criticism, then they should be ignored.
I hear you historian, but some of them have been around for years. They just have an agenda that will refuse to look objectively at our coach and team. I suspect bottom line is that they don't like Rhoades and don't want anything to put him in a positive light. CNC doesn't deserve criticism based on that. She came here to keep this boat afloat after we got dumped. We have bailed out the water and are once again heading for better weather. It is time for people to shut up and support the team as we did with Mulkey when she first started getting us winning. Nothing against legitimate discussion just like we had with KM. But too many just throw out strawmen that aren't there to satisfy an agenda, which I suspect has nothing to do with the coach or the team. The losers we have are a few posters, not the coach and not the team.
historian
Agreed. CNC deserves our complete support. It must be very difficult to follow a legend & she has done so amazingly well. We have every reason to be optimistic about the future under her leadership.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

bawitdaball
The last two years I've felt the season ended with a whimper. The product that was put on the floor tonight was solid basketball. Yes, there were errors. There always will be. But I felt it was something to grow from, and something to move the program ahead. Make your free throws and we walk out of that with a win. To be that close to an Elite 8 is incredible. Hopefully recruits were paying attention at what Baylor can accomplish when their shots are falling.
boognish_bear
Bear3
Nicki and a very talented team are coming back next year with a big chip on their shoulders. This team is going to be focused, determined and extremely dangerous, especially if Nicki finds a starting post player in portal. The Sweet 16 will not be the ceiling next year. Nicki is absolutely right! Nothing is withering in Waco. She is building something special here and I can't wait until next November!!!!
BigGameBaylorBear
Love it. Use that article to motivate the team next year. Take us back to the natty Nicki
blackie
Quote:

Today in the article about Kim Mulkey, Kent Babb said after Mulkey left the Baylor program was "left to wither" and "no longer among the sports' top tier".
I think "left to wither" is being nice. We, the players, fans, and the program got dumped.

And too many failed to comprehend or didn't want to acknowledge the absolute mess of a roster in depth and class distribution that was left, that recruits don't automatically flock to a program that a long-time HOF coach has just left regardless of any realistic hire that could be made, and didn't believe that if KM had stayed it was going to be more and more difficult to duplicate the results we had seen over the last 20 years because of NIL, growing parity, and the transfer portal.

We have weathered the storm of a coaching change that was inevitable to have to happen probably sooner rather than later. We have a relatively young coach that is enthusiastic, well-versed in the profession and comes across to the public in a fashion of which we can be proud. For the long-term I believe this program is in a great position. Far better than a realistic view of the situation in the summer of 2021 would have indicated possible.
MrGolfguy
blackie said:

Quote:

Today in the article about Kim Mulkey, Kent Babb said after Mulkey left the Baylor program was "left to wither" and "no longer among the sports' top tier".
I think "left to wither" is being nice. We, the players, fans, and the program got dumped.

And too many failed to comprehend or didn't want to acknowledge the absolute mess of a roster in depth and class distribution that was left, that recruits don't automatically flock to a program that a long-time HOF coach has just left regardless of any realistic hire that could be made, and didn't believe that if KM had stayed it was going to be more and more difficult to duplicate the results we had seen over the last 20 years because of NIL, growing parity, and the transfer portal.

We have weathered the storm of a coaching change that was inevitable to have to happen probably sooner rather than later. We have a relatively young coach that is enthusiastic, well-versed in the profession and comes across to the public in a fashion of which we can be proud. For the long-term I believe this program is in a great position. Far better than a realistic view of the situation in the summer of 2021 would have indicated possible.

Hear! Hear!
BUVA
Did anyone else see the blurb during the Texas-NC State game today about the three point lines on the Portland court not the same? The teams were made aware and voted to play the court as-is.
Brusinbear2001
i honestly did not notice this last night
historian
I saw a report about it this morning. I'm a bit surprised that MBB & WBB have different lines. Are they different in the pros? NBA v WNBA?
TechDawgMc
historian said:

I saw a report about it this morning. I'm a bit surprised that MBB & WBB have different lines. Are they different in the pros? NBA v WNBA?

The women's line was moved back to match the men's a few years back. I think WNBA is same as NBA but I'm not sure
Dcheetah
Watching Sabrina outshoot Steph it has to be the same.
BU71
Task Force 2015 said:

I think this win coupled with the returning players(most if not all guards plus the super soph forwards)will facilitate getting a couple of established power five quality bigs.I am not giving up on our young bigs but we need a dose or two of established player height.Foster should help recruiting as well.
Good points, my question is what are the expectations for the bigs currentlt on the roster? There playing time was very limited but surely the coaches have an idea on the amount of growth each of them had during the year.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.