ABC is currently airing an interview of Brittney Griner

1,198 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by historian
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I came upon it by chance. Unfortunately I missed the beginning, presumably about her Baylor years.

Commercial break after she described being arrested in Russia.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Mitch Blood Green
historian said:

I came upon it by chance. Unfortunately I missed the beginning, presumably about her Baylor years.

Commercial break after she described being arrested in Russia.

She has a book coming out. There's a NYT article I will read later.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/brittney-griner-suicide-russia-robin-roberts-rcna150400
allybear
Baylor wasn't really discussed at all during the TV interview
historian
That's not very surprising since it's mainly about her or deal in Russia.
boatergal
That NY Times article is fantastic! Amazing writing.
allybear
Oh I agree, and I'm glad Baylor wasn't the focus. I was just pointing out to another poster who tuned in to the interview late that there really wasn't anything about Baylor in what they missed. I thought Robin Roberts did a great job conducting a very emotional interview!
allybear
Sorry, I didn't realize before my last reply that you were the person I was originally responding to who missed the first part of the interview
DFW Bill
Robin Roberts has been on Good Morning America for close to 20 years, I have enjoyed watching her broadcasting for a long time. She was an outstanding college basketball player at Southeast Louisiana University and is in the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame. Kim Mulkey and Robin Roberts have been friends for almost 40 years. Robin has interviewed Kim numerous times over the years.
historian
No problem.

I was not expecting it, but I would have liked to see something about the tribute gave her before the Tech game. She was the guest of honor and was treated special for her accomplishments. The announcers, one a legendary Tech alum, were gushing about her all through the broadcast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.