2018 verbal commits Smith & Bickle named Top 15 nationally

17,467 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ladybears4eva
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Southie is a UT fan.
CavalryRoadie
skilledup - you're alright by me.
BaylorBears_254
bowdedg said:

Southie is a UT fan.

Makes sense now.
DFW Bill
Skilled up.........keep doing what you do. Love your informed posts.

Thank you !!!
Lone Star
BaylorBears_254 said:

I look for Queen to be a Lady Bear. Going to be interesting having Smith and the possibilities of Decosta and Egbo against UT's frontline of Prince, Holmes, Boothe, and Collier.

Don't discount Bickle being in the mix and contributing for BU. She is a very physical player who loves the contact and has played against the Colliers, Princes, Smiths, and Boothes on the circuit and at USA basketball (made final 40 cuts both years).

Smart player with good handles for her size, great court vision, loves to play defense and, has an outside shot to go with the midrange and inside game. I think she will be a spark physically for the team.

Bring in Queen and "if" we can get DeCosta, then you got a very athletic team (counting the girls we currently have) that will get up and down the floor with speed against UT size. Would be some games I would pay twice the price to watch.

RioRata
Twhaley said:

That's a bunch of nonsense. Karen did exactly what she was supposed to do. If you feel like you have the ability to get a player that you view as being better or fits your program better than the one that's ready to commit,you do exactly what Karen did. If what you say is true Karen was up front and honest with her. It would be a different story if Karen allowed her to commit then called a couple of days later to tell Queen that they were withdrawing her commitment and she thought it would be best if both went their separate ways.

As a side note. As a Texas fan I would rather of had Queen because Charlie and Sedona are very similar in terms of position. In my opinion Queen is more athletic and more versatile than Charlie. But that's why Karen makes over a half a million dollars and I don't.

This...unfortunately. Aston rolled the dice and won. She could have easily alienated Queen and also lost out on Collier. She rolled the dice.
RioRata
BaylorBears_254 said:

I look for Queen to be a Lady Bear. Going to be interesting having Smith and the possibilities of Decosta and Egbo against UT's frontline of Prince, Holmes, Boothe, and Collier.

I would love to see these battles...especially in the FF.
BaylorBears_254
Lone Star said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Don't discount Bickle being in the mix and contributing for BU. She is a very physical player who loves the contact and has played against the Colliers, Princes, Smiths, and Boothes on the circuit and at USA basketball (made final 40 cuts both years).

Smart player with good handles for her size, great court vision, loves to play defense and, has an outside shot to go with the midrange and inside game. I think she will be a spark physically for the team.

Bring in Queen and "if" we can get DeCosta, then you got a very athletic team (counting the girls we currently have) that will get up and down the floor with speed against UT size. Would be some games I would pay twice the price to watch.

I didn't discount Bickle. I just listed front court players from both teams. I don't believe Bickle will be in the front court
Bearprof
Do you think that Bickle has the speed/quickness to play the 2 spot? From her highlights, it looked to me that she would be better suited to play the 3. However, I will defer to those who have seen Bickle play against top notch competition. I do love the fact that she seems to be an exceptional passer.
ladybears4eva
Hope we get Decoasta and Queen. Thatd be a top class for us!!! Again!

I personally like that Uconn lost Collier, they still might get the no. 1 recruits three of the last four years...KLS, (skipCox) Walker and Williams this year. They dont mind dropping one second ranked player.
Lone Star
Bearprof said:

Do you think that Bickle has the speed/quickness to play the 2 spot? From her highlights, it looked to me that she would be better suited to play the 3. However, I will defer to those who have seen Bickle play against top notch competition. I do love the fact that she seems to be an exceptional passer.
Agreed. Bickle would be a 3.
Big Bear
Buckle can play either 2 or 3. She is a MJ clone with higher skill set coming in. Typical Kim player..great D. Love her, DO NOT diss her, she is a player.
WasheFuzzy
74Bear said:

I would hope she comes to Waco but if UT got her, surely that would help send Egbo our way.
That was my first though when I heard she had committed to UT. I hope this urges Egbo to commit to Baylor. We are going to need her in the paint very soon.
slimecap
Queen Egbo article

Link
http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19641592/women-basketball-recruit-queen-egbo-gives-fast-food-june-improve-game
setshot
Though she is taller than Melissa Jones, Bickle does have a similar game. MJ had to be used as a SF, even though she was undersized for that position, because she could not guard at the PG and SG positions. She simply did not have the quickness or the foot speed to play out there, and she was undersized for the PF position. When MJ was asked to guard players who had both size and quickness she had problems (A&M's SF, White, gave her fits, and there were a few others once the team reached the level of the Sweet 16 and beyond).

When a team sets its sights on the Final Four, they have to recruit players commensurate with that level of competition. Nina Davis, for instance, was superb against teams lower than the Sweet Sixteen, but at the point of Elite Eight or beyond, she had to go up against size and athleticism that made her less effective, particularly if the Lady Bears could not get out into transition. At that level teams do not allow nearly as many opportunities to do that, as we know.

Bickle has the size and the game to be a very good SF, and in some situations could probably play the PF position, though that would be a bit of a stretch for her. I just do not see her having the speed or requisite quickness to thrive at the SG slot. It would depend on the matchup, of course. In any event, she has size and skill suitable for the SF position and I think that it is where she will ultimately find herself. At that position, she could be rotated out to the top and be an excellent point forward, a task that most SFs cannot handle very efficiently. I think that she could excel at that.
SCGamecock
At this point I think it's safe to say that Egbo will end up at either Baylor or Florida State. Her other finalists, Texas and Mississippi State, are both full at her position with both schools having a center and power forward already committed now.

FSU is one to watch. They have a great class of guards and wings.. Semrau is really pounding the pavement for a post to close out the class. She's looking at Egbo and Nelson-Ododa.
zt1014
Has anyone considered Prince uncommitting or transferring out at a later date?

Baylor got the top two post and since then one has transferred out. Also considering they will stil have Holmes for 3 years. So until Holmes is gone one of them can't be a starter. Just something I am observing that could potentially happen.
Lone Star
zt1014 said:

Has anyone considered Prince uncommitting or transferring out at a later date?

Baylor got the top two post and since then one has transferred out. Also considering they will stil have Holmes for 3 years. So until Holmes is gone one of them can't be a starter. Just something I am observing that could potentially happen.
Probably not going to transfer. And "if" so, doubt she would be able to do so within the Big 12.

Prince is a Texas girl unlike Mompremier whom was from Florida. I am sure the backup role and the distance were what made her make up her mind.

Holmes will be a Junior when Collier and Prince are there as freshmen so, realistically they will get one quality year with Holmes as they will spend the Freshman year adjusting to the speed and demands of college ball. Boothe may be the only one college ready as a freshman like Holmes was but, we will see this next year.

I will say this, it will be interesting to see how Aston is able to manage all that talent. If anything, I see some of the guards (Littleton) potentially transferring out.

Would love for Egbo, and for that matter DeCosta, to embrace the challenge of playing in what will be a big rivalry over the next 4 years and come Baylor's way. We have everything they need to become better players not to mention they will play in front of thousands of more fans then they will elsewhere.
slimecap
skillledup said:

Sad story I just heard.........Egbo was ready to commit to Texas on her official visit. Karen knew about Collier and told Egbo that she needs to wait and let her see if this new decommit was going to go to texas. ... This is terrible if true.
`

`
setshot
I wonder if she voluntarily decommitted or if the scholarship was made a conditional one? This clears space for Egbo, should she decide to follow up on her earlier inclination.
Hairy Bear
Collier's decommit on UCONN and commit to UT surprised me but should not have, the signs were there. I like it when WBB talent in Texas decides to stay in this area, especially when they commit to a Big 12 conference school, although I understand that a far away school can have a sense of adventure for a young person. The only way this new addition to the UT 2018 recruiting class can help us is on Queen Egbo, a true center. UT now has a true center in Prince who is higher ranked than Egbo, and a player in Collier who can play in the 5 position but will be more effective at 4. I have felt all along that Queen would probably end up at either BU or UT. The interesting post from a Gamecock fan reminds us that other schools are active here, Florida Stare was mentioned, but I believe that BU is clearly in the best position on this great player as we turn for the home stretch. I see Smith as better suited to 4, so Queen ought to be a good fit at Baylor at 5.

Howdoyouknow?
Now, how would you know that..."signs were there".
I'm wondering who this could be? You talk as if you know US personally. Don't speak on what you do not know! But then again... this is a confidential blog. Lol
Lone Star
I agree that the "signs were there" regarding CC. She is and always will be a Texas girl at heart.

I also agree that Queen Egbo would be a great final piece to BUs 2018 recruiting class to bring the "Fab Four" to the "Fab Five". She will do her diligence and I believe she still has an official coming to us. I am hoping the Queen will see the she will be a addition to an already great recruiting class and part of a young team that will be able to play together in the future. She now knows who she will be playing with over the next 4 years so there is no mystery.

BaylorBears_254
If Queen visits she will commit.

It's just something about the last visit that always makes me comfortable
RioRata
BaylorBears_254
RioRata said:

Sounds like MSU to me. Any news skilledup?

Also, sorry I ask you so many questions lol i just love your insight on things.
74Bear
Sounds to me like she may be visiting BU next weekend.
BuinmyBlood
Was it ever determined whether Egbo has visited, or plans to visit, Baylor? I thought I picked up something in one of these threads that implied she might be visiting BU last, or this weekend...
BuinmyBlood
74Bear said:

Well, looks like I was about 4 minutes late with my post. Are you making your guestimate here based on just her time frame for committing - or something more solid? Like inside hints of such?
slimecap
RioRata,
Appreciate your original twitter post about Queen Egbo's announcement date.

Here is a response to the tweet by Gene Swindoll. Gene is the publisher of Gene's Page, a website on scout.com that has been covering Mississippi State sports since September, 1996.

`
RioRata
BuinmyBlood said:

Was it ever determined whether Egbo has visited, or plans to visit, Baylor? I thought I picked up something in one of these threads that implied she might be visiting BU last, or this weekend...

I think this is what you saw.

Quote:

skillledup said:

I understand what you are saying here and agree with you. Not saying Morris or Richards are better as freshman than prince was as a senior but they both are more aggressive. That makes a huge difference. When prince practiced with the lady bears a few weeks ago......I watched with my own eyes how Didi was able to get the best of her multiple times Just know that I called it months ago when I said don't be surprised to see her called first. I spoke with KM a few times and she is raving about richards. The exact quote "I don't see how she wasn't the number 1 kid in that class". Also after talking with a few on the staff today, it sounds like the lady bears feel they have a big time chance at getting Queen. Supposedly they are excited as ever with there chances and they are trying to talk richards into hosting her and the family next weekend.

Will be leaving Waco tomorrow to head to smu and tcu. Good luck guys
74Bear
BuinmyBlood said:

74Bear said:

Well, looks like I was about 4 minutes late with my post. Are you making your guestimate here based on just her time frame for committing - or something more solid? Like inside hints of such?

Nothing concrete here. Just guessing based on what I have read .
BuinmyBlood
I'll take that. This whole thing could come down to an old BU/A&M -like dogfight. Kim & Co versus Vic Schaeffer (former DC at A&M under Blair - when they were really good)...
CarmelBear

Who will be next? Queen? Let's hope so!
BuinmyBlood
I like the fact that a committed player is putting this out there. Gives the impression that we may have Egbo, or at least one other uncommitted player on the line for this class...
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.