Does anyone know anything about our recruiting?

42,939 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Dcheetah
setshot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I posted elsewhere my impressions of Makenna after I googled her and watched the few short videos there. I was impressed with her athleticism and her touch on her shots, particularly a very impressive midrange game. She is a "take" if they can get her commitment.
slimecap
EasyE said:

What about Liz Scott?
Verbal commit to Oklahoma

ladybears4eva
Interesting
slimecap
2019 MAKENNA MARISA

Dcheetah
Is she actually considering us? I thought I read after we offered we still weren't in her top grouping of teams. Maybe the loss of Alexis changes things.
CavalryRoadie
Dcheetah said:

Is she actually considering us? I thought I read after we offered we still weren't in her top grouping of teams. Maybe the loss of Alexis changes things.
Why would it change anything? She isn't a PG, is she?
Dcheetah
I thought she played 1 and 2
slimecap
December 14, 2017

"To Peters Township coach Bert Kendall, Makenna Marisa is a dream player. To opponents, she is a matchup nightmare. The common denominator is that most would likely agree that Marisa is one of the WPIAL's best players.

A 5-foot-11 guard-forward, Marisa has had a terrific start to her junior season. She scored 29 points in a win against South Park in the season opener and the following night poured in 27 in a victory against West Allegheny to claim the Peters Township tournament title. Monday night against Trinity, Marisa scored 26 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a 51-35 victory.

Marisa can play any spot on the floor and often does. She'll bring the ball up the court and run the point, something you don't often see from someone her size at the high school level. She's probably most comfortable at shooting guard and is a lights-out shooter she made eight 3-pointers those first two games. She'll likely play that position or small forward in college, but she's dangerous down low, too. Kendall said she had success posting up against West Allegheny.

"I think teams can try to game plan against her, but it's just hard because she has so many skills," Kendall said of Marisa, who averaged 16.5 points per game last season. "When you have that height and that speed, you can post up against smaller players and drive it past bigger players. She has all the tools that make our team go."

Basketball is big in the Marisa family. Marisa's twin sister, Morgan, is also on the team, although the two aren't identical. Makenna is even 4 inches taller. Their grandfather, Rudy Marisa, was a coaching great at Waynesburg University who won 565 games before retiring in 2003."

- Brad Everett, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
CavalryRoadie
Everything in her ESPN Evaluation says "off-guard". That said, she sounds like a fine player.

adidas Gauntlet-July 2018: Skilled off-guard brings consistent mid-range game production; shot maker, delivers off the dribble, finishes plays in mid-range game to the arc; streaky offensive production; superb guard skills. (Olson)

Ohio Midwest Challenge-May 2018: Fundamental off-guard manufactures, brings a scorer's mentality to the back court; rebounds and handles in uptempo game; rises in mid-range game that moves to the arc; a stock-riser in the class of 2019. (Olson)

USJN-July 2017: Agile off-guard creates, elevates and delivers in mid-range game; unselfish persona executes in half-court game; triple-threat attack with range to the arc. (Olson)
Notes
WPIAL 1st-team 6A All-State in 2018.
Dcheetah
Look at slimecaps article just above. Sounds like she could play both.
slimecap
bowdedg said:

slimecap
2020 ANGEL REESE

ladybears4eva

Is that a recruit at the far right end? Just as Tall as cox
DFW Bill
That is Daphne Mitchell, she is about 6'3", no more eligibility, on the Lady Bears Staff & focuses on recruiting.
We can all say thank you Daphne!
slimecap
2021 LAURYN PENDLETON
5-9 Guard
Little Rock Central HS
Little Rock AR

Dcheetah
Did anyone see McKenna Marisa? I looked for her but never saw her. Reported here earlier that she was visiting this weekend.
slimecap
2020 ELAUNA EATON
6-0 Guard
Nettleton HS in Jonesboro AR

Dcheetah
Did anyone ever hear about visits last weekend?
mimi25408
She visited last weekend.
Dcheetah
Any thing you can share on how it went? Is Marisa a desired target or more of a 2nd tier target?
slimecap

2020 HARMONI TURNER
5-8 PG
Legacy High School
Mansfield TX

Dcheetah
Deja Kelly has just transferred to Duncanville. This will certainly help push Hannah Gusters toward UT. Hope we can overcome that and her coach.
zt1014
Got word from another source that Makenna Marisa is down to Penn St and Baylor. Word is she was amazed by Baylor. So will she stay home or will she ship out?
slimecap
zt1014 said:

Makenna Marisa is down to Penn St and Baylor.
Thank you, zt1014. Appreciate the update!
Dcheetah
Thx for info. I have looked everywhere for an update on her.
zt1014
I am pretty active on other boards and one of the posters that is tied to the area let me know. As I hear more I will update you all!
slimecap
bowdedg said:

Oct 12, 2018

slimecap
2020 ELAUNA EATON
Baylor offer displayed at 1:12 on video counter

bowdedg
Sarah Andrews on an unofficial visit!!
Dcheetah
She is one we definitely need and may pull Gusters with her. Glad she is not in Conn with Hannah this wknd.
Dcheetah
Dp
slimecap

skilledup
Deja Kelly opened her recruitment back up.
mimi25408
2020 Hailey Van lith was on campus this weekend for a unofficial visit.
DFW Bill
She is the #2 ranked player in the Class of 2020, according to Prospects Nation. Waco is a long way from Cashmere, Washington, a small town in central Washington. Hailey Van Lith is a 5'9" Point Guard. Setshot has spoken very highly of her. For her to come that far for an unofficial visit means she has some level of interest in Baylor, maybe we will have a real shot at getting her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.