Recruits

40,807 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gone to Tickfaw
baylorjunkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know which recruits attended tonight's game?
Wichitabear
No but I bet they enjoyed it!
WacoKelly83
Wichitabear said:

No but I bet they enjoyed it!

Unless they are UConn leans. Then no. Lol
mimi25408
Both Andrews and Gusters were there not to far from baylor bench.
beardoc
Suspect they are considering both teams, but since Baylor is the home team, they were guests of Baylor and had to sit behind their bench. which is also why Footwork King had to go to the Vandy side at the Texas bowl.
DanaDane
Jada Malone was there.
ScottS
Since we won we might get them
EasyE
beardoc said:

Suspect they are considering both teams, but since Baylor is the home team, they were guests of Baylor and had to sit behind their bench. which is also why Footwork King had to go to the Vandy side at the Texas bowl.

FIFY

Suspect they are considering both teams, but since Baylor is the home team, they were guests of Baylor and GOT to sit behind their bench. which is also why Footwork King had to go to the Vandy side at the Texas bowl.
mimi25408
Recruits at the UCONN game :
2019 Jordyn Oliver (signed)
2020 Sarah Andrews 5'7
20- Hannah Gusters 6'4
20- Sahara Jones 6'0
21- Jada Malone 6'4
23- Samantha Wagner 6'0
mimi25408
None of the recruits were sitting behind the baylor bench. I said not far from it. We were all sitting in the seats under the goal post nearest to the lady bear bench.
mimi25408
Also there was two HS teams in attendance. Desoto high school varisty girls basketball and Crandell high school brought their entire program.
ScottS
Question....since we knocked off the #1 team should we be trying to get some recruits that they were after?
GoldenBear
ScottS said:

Question....since we knocked off the #1 team should we be trying to get some recruits that they were after?
I suspect UConn might be trying to "get" some players Baylor is recruiting.
slimecap
mimi25408 said:

Also there was two HS teams in attendance. Desoto high school varsity girls basketball and Crandell high school brought their entire program.

ScottS
Anyone think we are about to get another commit or 2?
buildabear1
Harmony Turner Mansfield guard
buildabear1
My opinion, she may be better than Andrew. I think she may be a 2 guard. Harmony Turner that is.
slimecap
buildabear1 said:

Harmony Turner Mansfield guard

2020 HARMONI TURNER
5-9 PG (Height statistic from ESPN HoopGurlz)
Legacy High School
Mansfield TX

ESPN HoopGurlz evaluation webpage
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/227496
buildabear1
haven't heard much about Turner, does she have high interest in us or do we have high interest in her.
geewago
I love how they "can't miss" in the highlight reels.
Scottdye
Are we actively looking for strength and conditioning coach?
slimecap
GoldenBear said:

ScottS said:

I suspect UConn might be trying to "get" some players Baylor is recruiting.
OP Note Hannah Gusters transferred from Duncanville HS to Irving MacArthur HS.

buildabear1
Was sitting right behind Andrews, and Hannah. At half time as Kim was walking into the tunnel looks as if she spotted them. The girls also was watching her and as if she spoke to them with her eyes as if are y'all ready to suit up. Andrews gives Hannah a shove and giggle and said something about coach, and they quickly get up and leave,. To me very interesting to see the body language of all three.
WacoKelly83
buildabear1 said:

Was sitting right behind Andrews, and Hannah. At half time as Kim was walking into the tunnel looks as if she spotted them. The girls also was watching her and as if she spoke to them with her eyes as if are y'all ready to suit up. Andrews gives Hannah a shove and giggle and said something about coach, and they quickly get up and leave,. To me very interesting to see the body language of all three.

If this was at the TCU game that's a great sign. I'm pretty sure they weren't there to watch the frogs.
buildabear1
Yes at TCU game, funny thing a lady next to them was trying to have them clap and do the frog sign and they both told her no, but not disrespectful Iike.I just chuckeld to my self.
WasheFuzzy
Baylor has to be a very attractive program to a lot of you ladies right now. We have two spots open right now once we lose Cox and Landrem. Unless we get a transfer we will not be bringing anyone other than Oliver in next season. We are pretty much set in the paint with Cox, Egbo and Smith and will be looking good at guard with Landrem, Richards, HSG, Oliver, DeCosta, Oliver, Bickle and Moon.

If everybody stays on this team next season we should be really good, although it will be impossible to replace 6-7.
mimi25408
Andrews just announced on Instagram live that she has added Mississippi State to her list.
geewago
mimi25408 said:

Andrews just announced on Instagram live that she has added Mississippi State to her list.
It's like shopping for a new car. It's hard to make up your mind.
Malbec
geewago said:

mimi25408 said:

Sometimes you can kick a tire so hard that it goes flat. Or breaks your toe.
Eball
Malbec said:

geewago said:

mimi25408 said:

Sometimes you can kick a tire so hard that it goes flat. Or breaks your toe.
You know it is a stressful game coaches and players have to play when you talk top 100 recruits. Say UCONN, ND, BU, UT, Stanford, MSU and UL all want the top PG...and say she has narrowed her list to three so the other four move on to PG number 2 and 3 and 4....it is a game of musical chairs so BU has to show interest in say the top 4-5 PG recruits and depending on their interest in them it can get dicey. some of the top talent we have landed over the years we have been their second or third choice...becasue their top school went with a higher ranked or someone who was willing to commit early so they could move on to other needs. We have also taken a flyer or two on a kid who really wanted to be here but would not have gotten an offer but for someone else turning us down.

I believe, although I stand to be corrected, that when we landed Brown that McGowen (MSU) was the back up plan...I think she wanted to be at BU...Mompremier was sort of out of left field as I remember and she wanted to go to BU to play a four while Brown played a five.
Dcheetah
Skilledup,
Any noise out there about Baylor?
ScottS
Any updates?
mimi25408
Hannah Gusters has just been ruled ineligible to finish play at Irving Mcarthur this year. DEC ruled 7-0 vote that stated she transferred from Duncanville to Irving Mcarthur for athletic purposes.
papabear64
I still think Baylor women could use a 6'4" or 6'5" and a point guard for next year. They have room scholarship wise. Another grad transfer or two would be nice.
DFW Bill
Hannah Gusters is a Junior.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.