Strong at every position!

11,249 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Eball
BaylorTaxman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Born_A_Bear said:

But can we criticize TCU's court?

Now you have really crossed the line....
Eball
DanaDane said:

Strongest Kim team? LOL This is one of Kim's better in terms of starters and worst in terms of bench strength. This team could win the Natty if it stays out of foul trouble or get bounced by a hot shooting team in the Sweet 16 if 2 starters get into foul trouble. Other than Smith. the other freshmen are about as green as I expected they would be and Ursin is "okay."
I disagree...we have much better depth than last year...and we have kids who are versatile. Smith is first off bench becasue she can run either a 3 or a 4 for Cox or Brown or for DiDi...she has obvioulsy had tremendous success so far this year for a freshman...with some saying she should start and get more minutes.

Queen has really come on as of conference and offers us a chance to rest Brown and Cox extra minutes.

Moon has stepped up her game tremendously and but for the high level of play of Juicy and Chloe would be getting more time. She is capable of playing minutes if needed. Of course Didi can run 1 or 2 as well so even though she starts she can also handle the ball and play for Juicy or Chloe if needed and we just run with Smith at 3.

I am not sure what team you would point to in our past and say we had a lot more capable players to come in and give significant minutes. Kim plays a tight rotation so we really only need 2-3 players in addition to our starters.

The other true freshman and Trinity are very good players and if given a chance or needed will likely perform as they are very talented but just not enough minutes available to give them all extended runs in every game.

I think from your recent posts you are just trying to stir the pot. Not sure what your goal is...I do find it interesting you say our depth is lacking here but in another post you claim we are going to lose some of our talented freshman for lack of playing time. I think it is way to early to speculate on transfers but we have a very talented bench and competitive young ladies who if needed will likely perform well.

Bone Squad
I would point to 2016-17 as our top-to-bottom strongest team. I remember thinking that KK Cave might have been the weakest link on that team, and that she could easily start at another P5 school, and that she was the player to save our bacon in a handful of tough games.

But this team does not lack for talent on the bench, and I might put them at #2 as the overall strongest team.
longtimebear
DanaDane said:

Strongest Kim team? LOL This is one of Kim's better in terms of starters and worst in terms of bench strength. This team could win the Natty if it stays out of foul trouble or get bounced by a hot shooting team in the Sweet 16 if 2 starters get into foul trouble. Other than Smith. the other freshmen are about as green as I expected they would be and Ursin is "okay."
Sorry Dana...I said " one of " not " is " .
57Bear
The bench practices against the Lady Bear starters. Practicing against the starters may be better for their growth than playing against most of the teams that the Ladies play in regular season. The bench is being "coached up" all year long and the coaches are evaluating them all year long.
Hairy Bear
Before the season began, I thought this team could well be the best Baylor WBB team ever, and that is saying a lot. But the roster included Morris, so then I had backup and focus on who is our point guard. A team has to begin with a solid point guard and a reliable center or power forward, and I wondered if any of our players would be able to step in and play that role. Jackson has been terrific. The loss of Morris at this point is not a problem if no key injuries occur with our starting guards. So far so good. So we have clear sailing ahead of us. Nevertheless, parity is what we have in WBB. Our team has part of a top tier grouping that will be easier to identify later in the season, but the broad outline is already there. Whatever happens I really love this particular team. It is a very special team whatever the final outcome.
Wichitabear
I don't get that at all. Most of our posters love our bench and see the potential in all the girls. Everyone has a time. Sure we love our Texas girls but we know we are blessed to have all of them and appreciate that they chose Baylor.
Eball
We miss you 42...no one mad at you or downing any of the freshman was hoping we played well enough today to get everyone some time. I also was curious as to your knowledge of HSG's health as well as the others wearing braces?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.