Morris Arrest Details

15,317 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GarlandBear84
WacoKelly83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NJ.com took the opportunity to research and spill the details of Morris's legal problems. The article is about another player being suspended but quickly turns into a Morris expose'.

https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/02/rutgers-womens-basketball-player-arrested-2-weeks-after-team-lands-star-recruit-with-checkered-past.html
sevenmilebeachbob
Thanks for finding and posting.
Scout Bear
She was never coming back. Wish her well in the future
GarlandBear84
Well that confirms the rumor that got out about the first incident. I suppose Kim's edict was to stay out of trouble and then she got arrested for pot.
Lion82
Morris was doing well until she went home over the break. Very sad situation.

It always looks bad when a player leaves a program. Fans tend to want to blame the coaching staff not the player. Kudos to Kim for not throwing Morris under the bus. She really cares about her players.
WNIT in '23
BCC97
Lion82 said:

It always looks bad when a player leaves a program.
No, Not always. We had, what, 4 players leave from last year's team for a reason other than expired eligibility (maybe 3...I can't remember when Mompremier left)? I wouldn't say any of them makes Baylor look bad.
buildabear1
geewago, why are you on the Horn's forum bad mouthing our girls. Some of these girls couldn't stay out of trouble if you sent them to the moon. Didn't think we put down our players. But it's the same story for some kids. You love them while their here. But once there gone . Just sad.

willtalk
Just a question someone else might be able to answer. Reflecting of the increase of female athletes being involved in incidents of assault, makes me wonder if steroids might be involved. The question is if anyone knows if they test for steroids in college?
Chibears2
Women fighting is nothing new. Perhaps the reporting of it is. When I was teaching in high school many moons ago, we had a football coach make the mistake of trying to break up a fight between two girls out in the courtyard. Poor guy came out of the fray with a broken pair of glasses, a big knot on his knee from being knocked down, and so scratched up he looked like he had run through a bramble patch. Whenever anyone would ask (tease) him about it, his only response was to shake his head and mumble, "Never again..."
Malbec
Quote:

NJ.com took the opportunity to research and spill the details of Morris's legal problems.
But none of the local Waco outlets ever did.
Lone Star
willtalk said:

Just a question someone else might be able to answer. Reflecting of the increase of female athletes being involved in incidents of assault, makes me wonder if steroids might be involved. The question is if anyone knows if they test for steroids in college?
Uh, no and no. Not sure where you get the steroids thought from. This appears to be more of a not so favorable environmental upbringing rather then steroids. Assault, then drugs.....unfortunately, I am sure it was part of her upbringing and, getting to a prestigious program like Baylor should have been her way out.

I pray that Alexis stays strong and gets the true help she needs as she has already got 2 strikes against her. I believe inside she is a great person and just needs someone to truly guide her on the right path.
AirBear
willtalk said:

Yes, they test for certain steroids.
Bone Squad
buildabear1 said:

geewago, why are you on the Horn's forum bad mouthing our girls. Some of these girls couldn't stay out of trouble if you sent them to the moon. Didn't think we put down our players. But it's the same story for some kids. You love them while their here. But once there gone . Just sad.
Can you show your work here? I do not post, and only occasionally look at their forums (basically just right around the time we are playing each other). However, I just looked at geewago's posts on that site going back to March and could not find an example of him bad-mouthing a player.

I've never met the guy, but I have noticed him posting on other fans' sites now and again, as well as here, and this accusation does not comport with what I have seen. Feel free to send a link if I'm wrong.
ETBU
Speaking of Rutgers, wasn't it radio host Don Imus that got knocked off the air for making comments about the Rutgers WBB team?
bowdedg
ETBU said:

Speaking of Rutgers, wasn't it radio host Don Imus that got knocked off the air for making comments about the Rutgers WBB team?
Sure was!
ScottS
ETBU said:

Yep a 3 word phrase sunk him.
buildabear1
Well well well, how convenient looks as it was removed.
GarlandBear84
What do you recall him saying? You're fighting a losing battle on this as everyone on this board who knows him are on his side.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Scout Bear said:

Actually, it looks like she might have been back if not for the arrest in December.
willtalk
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

Scout Bear said:

Actually, it looks like she might have been back if not for the arrest in December.
I appears that was the case.

Also I want to thank everyone that responded to my question.
buildabear1
Not understand, I really don't care if you believe me or not. I Know what I read as well as him, probably you to. Not here to convince you of nothing. I've been a fan now 20 plus years just decided to get on the forum. Now I see why I stayed off. Over privileged and arrogant people. As far as I'm concerned you and gee can go between the different boards and toogle the fence all day long. Speak down on the gals as some of you say. I've seen the difference you make between players.
CavalryRoadie
I don't have a dog in this hunt.

I saw the comment to which buildabear1 refers, yesterday on the Hornfans website. I cannot recall who wrote it.

The comment was tasteless, but not enough to get worked up about.
buildabear1
And another thing I know alot of these kids personally, help in recruiting them here. I'm On the basketball circuit . Broke news on Morris going to Rutgers . I have as much information as most but choose to stay back for this very reason.
buildabear1
You're so right it's not worth getting worked up about. We're here to support or current aswell as our former athletes. This is the vile hatred they spew on the Texas Board.
CavalryRoadie
The last time I heard the word "vile" was in a song by Frank Zappa..."I'm the Slime", I think it was.
Malbec
buildabear1 said:

You're so right it's not worth getting worked up about. We're here to support or current aswell as our former athletes. This is the vile hatred they spew on the Texas Board.
Okay. But you are the one that got worked up and came here grousing about it. Doh!
Bone Squad
I don't have a dog in the fight either. I don't know geewago or buildabear. The only players I know personally graduated more than a decade ago. Since whatever comment is now gone, I will not further speculate about it.

In the last few months, it seems like there has been some mudslinging on this board, which I would say is uncharacteristic of the level of discourse we most frequently have here. The concerning posts were few in number, which I think just underscores how seldom that ever occurs on these boards. Fairly or not, the reference to the Horns board struck me as starting to go down that ugly road again. I don't know if my stepping in helped or just fanned the flames. If the latter, I apologize.

I post on few message boards anywhere since I can't stand the bickering they so often devolve into. My only desire is to maintain this place at a higher standard. Love your neighbors, folks. Everything else is secondary to that calling.
buildabear1
Scout Bear
Man, some mean-spirited people on here today. Sure am glad we won Monday.

And yes, I do not believe Morris was ever coming back. Something about a leopard does not change its spots. And there is more to the story than even the NJ piece states. But I wish her well and hope things work out in NJ and she earns a degree.
57Bear
If I had a personal complaint about something that someone had posted on a different site, I think that it would be appropriate for me to use a personal message. I too hate to see this board go nuclear.
mimi25408
Yes, Alexis was reinstated by Kim and was suppose to return in fall. ( hints why she didn't transfer after dismissal) . I'm not gonna say to much but I love that kid. Playing in the DFW circuit with my sister and then both going to Baylor was awesome. I knew the details for the second arrest but kept my mouth closed . But now that it out I was extremely disappointed in her but I think this is a good move for her. After her and Didi sat out at that West Virginia game I thought something might have clicked in her head. I actually unfollowed her on social media do to her lack of control.

I tell my sister all the time you better watch what you put on social media because it will never come off. Alexis posted something a few months ago were she was clapping back at a few people that had something to say about her dismissal. As an athlete you have to control yourself. Yes you can defend yourself but there are proper ways to do it. Athletes are constantly on a national platform. There is little room for mistakes. Everything does not deserve a response. Sometimes you just have to move in silence or kill them with kindness. I hugged her and wished her all the best. As she gets older she will learn how to deal with certain situations. I'm praying for her. She we be a good addition to Stringers team.

LadyChickBear
Lone Star said:

willtalk said:

Uh, no and no. Not sure where you get the steroids thought from. This appears to be more of a not so favorable environmental upbringing rather then steroids. Assault, then drugs.....unfortunately, I am sure it was part of her upbringing and, getting to a prestigious program like Baylor should have been her way out.

I pray that Alexis stays strong and gets the true help she needs as she has already got 2 strikes against her. I believe inside she is a great person and just needs someone to truly guide her on the right path.
I agree about praying for Alexis. I believe she was really trying to get it right after she was dismissed. I had high hopes for her and I love the way Kim loves them even when she has to let them go. I hope she turns it around with Coach Springer. I miss her smile!!!
Scout Bear
mimi25408 said:

Yes, Alexis was reinstated by Kim and was suppose to return in fall. ( hints why she didn't transfer after dismissal) . I'm not gonna say to much but I love that kid. Playing in the DFW circuit with my sister and then both going to Baylor was awesome. I knew the details for the second arrest but kept my mouth closed . But now that it out I was extremely disappointed in her but I think this is a good move for her. After her and Didi sat out at that West Virginia game I thought something might have clicked in her head. I actually unfollowed her on social media do to her lack of control.

I tell my sister all the time you better watch what you put on social media because it will never come off. Alexis posted something a few months ago were she was clapping back at a few people that had something to say about her dismissal. As an athlete you have to control yourself. Yes you can defend yourself but there are proper ways to do it. Athletes are constantly on a national platform. There is little room for mistakes. Everything does not deserve a response. Sometimes you just have to move in silence or kill them with kindness. I hugged her and wished her all the best. As she gets older she will learn how to deal with certain situations. I'm praying for her. She we be a good addition to Stringers team.

Agree 100%. One of the hardest lessons to learn in life is how to deal with other people.
BearFan33
Prayers for her.....Rutgers seems like a tough place for her to land. I hope can make the most of her second opportunity.
Iron Claw
willtalk said:

My wife played D-II basketball. She was frequently "randomly selected" for drug testing. Not sure what all they tested for. It was the mid '80s.
FKA tri it
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.